Author Topic: BE CAREFUL with PIR PRODUCTS/STAY AWAY(PICS ADDED)  (Read 18421 times)

Offline 1

Re: BE CAREFUL with PIR PRODUCTS/STAY AWAY(PICS ADDED)
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »
It is safe to call these one-off designs "prototypes" or "experimental"....so eventual breakage should not be a total surprise.

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »
byke,your frame weights around 2.6 kg or more?those frame weight 1.55-2.2 kg..my frame was welded  with twisted shorter backend from what i ordered..alex frame was light but the thing that is breaking the frames is that after the welds they havent take out the stress from the temperature..as it has to be done all our mechanics that show it said as the same thing..
Also you say that you ride your frames..do  you actually ride flatland? can you show us a video so we know what stress you put on your frames? ecxept part designs...

Wow, theres some scorned vitriol.

No, you are wrong again.
I haven't had any frames made for me by PIR that weigh 2.6kg or more.
I don't know where you made up that number, but judging by your post reply are clearly grasping.

I have said my piece about design and where the areas of responsibility lay.
But clearly in an attempt to save face you are now fabricating information. Such as the 2.6kg statement and bringing in my question regarding riding into play.

But the difference being is that I am not willing to entertain any sand pit tantrums.
I have worked closely in the industry, and you clearly haven't.

I will say it again, if you try and design something and have it fabricated.
You need to know what you are doing and what your needs are.

If however you choose to buy a product or have a product made that doesn't suit your needs.
Then you have to accept responsibility for your choices. Unless it was a manufacturing defect. But so far I don't see any evidence to suggest this. As examples such as cracks in dropouts or cracks in seat tubes indicate that the wrong material spec were chosen for the need of the rider. The same goes for twisting also.

Example : If a stock handlebar breaks on you because you have purchased one that uses too thin tubing for your needs in an effort to keep weight down and is marketed to riders who ride smooth and don't put so much force through their riding style. Then it is your fault if it fails as you have chosen the part for your needs. You can try and windge about it online and make false claims in the hopes of shaming companies into covering the costs for your mistakes. But when evidence clearly shows where the issue lies, then all you have is desperation.

The same goes for a frame, if you design a frame and have it fabricated. Only for it to fail due to design choices. Then it is your fault.

Maybe next time you could research your needs better instead of deleting posts and blocking people from Facebook who are nice enough to take time out of their daily lives to provide you with clear and accurate information when you are making false statements.

Either way, good luck.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2014, 05:05:11 PM »
i delete people on fb when they attack me personal.
You are not spending time of your life to help me by the way,you are just trying to prove that we did everything wrong..
Anyway i quit you win.what is the weight of your frame by the way?the last frame pir malo made for you..
i thought 2.6 kg but i can be wrong!
my needs are researched very good i have make custom frames again and they last much longer,around 8-9 frames! some are still riden, so why alex frame cracked in the dropouts?

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2014, 06:34:12 PM »
I believe Alex's dropouts cracked because the design chosen was not suitable for his needs.

It was clearly a dropout design used in the wrong setting, and the removal of excess material + the thickness of the dropout was what led it to fail in the setting is was subjected too.

There is nothing to indicate that the material failed due to workmanship or material quality. But there is a strong indication that the metal failed due to stress by design. And that is the responsibility of the designer/customer.

Had Alex chosen a more suitable design for his needs, then I suspect we wouldn't have seen this issue.

In regards to this claim that "I personally attacked you", Poppycock.
Post a clear and un-doctored screen shot of such claimed incident and if you are right I will gladly apologise to you.

Offline PiR products

• Company
  • Backpacker
  • Innovative products
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2015, 11:58:01 AM »
Just for the record, I think it would be usefull for people to know what Sakis & Alex wrote concerning the frames they ordered from me :

this is an extract from a Facebook conversation :

According to those words I think we can say they were happy with their frames
The fact that they broke them, just illustrates that they weren't strong enough for their kind of riding.

PiR can make strong frames, light frames or whatever the customer is looking for, but once the drawing has been validated, you can't say it was badly manufactured because it breaks.
The website is down but you can visit my profile on facebook :
https://www.facebook.com/Pir.Malo

If you want a quotation or place an order, just contact me using pir.bmx@gmail.com

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2015, 05:36:58 PM »
I am not getting into this thing again malo.

The screenshot you posted was from an internal message you send to me and many othe riders from other countries to remove from our friend list ricardo zulu because he tried to damage pir bikes by posting pics from your damaged frames.

Yes the weldings are good the frame is good.But check the pics at the previous page to see how straight you weld the backend..

Also you made the frame 13.25 extended and i have asked 13.375..
You knew from the start that i needed a strong design and because you had only 0.035'' bullet tipped dropouts you told me in the email that they are strong and many big companies are using them just to concince me buying from you..
Anyway i dont care what you do in your bike company,and if i wanted to make a problem for you i would post pictures of the cracked frames in your pir/malo pictures thread..
So good luck with your company but you are in my black list since you never support our cracked frames.
By the way i have design 3 solid bikes frames for me and 3 more for friends that are still getting ridden daily after 5+ years by top greek riders.
Anyway do whatever you want in your company but since you post again at this topic maybe anwser me why you design me the frame wrong.....checkyour emails i asked 13.375 not 13.25...
I ride only frames from companies that support their customers..byee

Offline alejandro

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2015, 11:37:56 AM »
542 euros for a frame that last's 5 months,100 euros per month!hahahahhaa congrats!
( 5 euros extra for the A letter) no comment..... :)

Peace!
Alex Alexandridis
http://alexalexandridis.blogspot.gr/