Author Topic: So flatmatters WAS NOT trying to censor me.  (Read 10372 times)

Offline @joeyfelixyo

• Forkglider
    • Facebook
Re: So flatmatters is trying to censor me.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 10:23:52 PM »
Chris bohm is dope! Quit hating :rolleyes:
@joeyfelix818

Offline Therapy

• Funky Chicken
Re: So flatmatters is trying to censor me.
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »
So I have read and carefully considered all your replies.
1) So apparently he's riding at a show.
Idgaf. The point is that unfortunately flatland attracts the wrong kind of people.
 The kind that are hungry for attention. They will learn flatland only to showoff. And like i said the audience is easily impressed/fooled.  Riders of this type often rely on gimmicks rather then technique.
They are desperate for the approval and admiration of strangers. And their riding and "tricks" will show this. They ride only for the sake of "looking cool" rather then "self-improvement".
So every time you see a person looking up at the judges/audience during sidesqueaks.
Everytime you see a person take his hat off a pass it around the back during a megaspin.
Everytime you see an idiot take his shirt off whilst flatlanding.
ask yourself: What part of flatland technique is that? Where is the flatland in that!?

2) Some people have an issue with my anonymity. 
Don't worry about who I am. I've been  on flatmatters before. And not on some sh*tass old school sunday.
However, I think i will  take your advice and ease up on the negativity a little. for the time being.

Offline Deadwing

• Hitchhiker
Re: So flatmatters WAS NOT trying to censor me.
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 11:04:26 PM »
So I have read and carefully considered all your replies.
1) So apparently he's riding at a show.
Idgaf. The point is that unfortunately flatland attracts the wrong kind of people.
 The kind that are hungry for attention. They will learn flatland only to showoff. And like i said the audience is easily impressed/fooled.  Riders of this type often rely on gimmicks rather then technique.
They are desperate for the approval and admiration of strangers. And their riding and "tricks" will show this. They ride only for the sake of "looking cool" rather then "self-improvement".
So every time you see a person looking up at the judges/audience during sidesqueaks.
Everytime you see a person take his hat off a pass it around the back during a megaspin.
Everytime you see an idiot take his shirt off whilst flatlanding.
ask yourself: What part of flatland technique is that? Where is the flatland in that!?

I tend to agree with this to a point. Sure I can do silly things like bar rides and make goofy gestures while in a hitchhiker or any trick where an arm is free or whatever, but its really a shame where people remember the gimmick sort of thing and not the actual technical part of the trick example would be if they were cross legged, switch hand/footed do a technical jump etc.

I guess thisiwhatireallythink's point is that this gimmicky stuff leads to people getting over inflated egos. You do something weird and gimmicky in a demo or contest and it leads to some people in the crowd going nuts and they only stick with these sorts of gimmicky tricks and don't further progress their riding because they feel the need to impress these sorts of people, and since they only have to do basic tricks to impress people they don't further their riding potential. This isn't the case with all riders. I sometimes do a bar ride for little kids and they get stoked and are trying tricks and if something stupid like that gets someone to at least pick up a bike and try, I got someone into flat with little to no effort. Its not something I go out and practice so i can impress, sometimes its for sh*ts and giggles.

When it comes to riding in crowded public places though, I feel that its a hit and a miss. Where it does "promote" flatland it seems to be rather odd why anyone would ride where a million things could go wrong, but I guess that is their choice. Should we really be judging peoples character and riding motives through where they ride at though?
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/hashcab217

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 08:27:27 AM »
If some like to ride in front of others, or with no shirt, so be it. Some riders do like the attention, while others ride for themselves. Every rider has a different personality, some have high egos, some quiet, others in between. For myself, I dont mind doing the odd show, comp, event etc, but for everyday riding I prefer to be out of the limelight with minimal people watching.

As for Chris, maybe he likes the attention but it doesn't matter. We are all individuals. I like his outgoing style. Each riders different style and personality makes flatland more unique.

When we point a finger at others there are three more pointing at ourselves.

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 08:40:22 AM »
i agree Paradoxium, there are many different personalities, everyone leads their own life the way they want to...freedom.

i think it all goes a bit wrong when one's actions and behavior are reinterprated by someone else.

I mean for example assuming that some guy is a show off because he rides withourt a shirt on.. It is just assumptions, not evidence.

There are many different reasons why a person would ride without a shirt on (may be it's too hot ?), and choosing one of the reason amongst all the existing isn't very rational thinking. it's projection of one's personality onto someone elses action.

what i want to say is that judging can be treacherous, it is a hard task, you need informations and documentation, you need to observe and listen before speaking, and often you need more than one point of view.

Offline JoeKickass

• Backpacker
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 01:15:11 AM »
Wow. Trying to expose flatland to as many people as possible.
What a dick.
Yeah, that's the biggest problem in flatland. Whatever that even means.

I would say it's bike price, but f*ck what do I know?  But it's definitely Bohm turning different people on to the riding.

"You can ride brakeless with brakes." -- Scott O

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 06:56:37 AM »
@ creator of this post. Do you really think Chris Bohm, cares about what you think? He has his own Flatland Way, and this pays his bills, and freedom to be.

Create your own vision of Flatland for yourself. Isn't this what its(Action Sports) all about, individualism, and once in while there is unity in diversity.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Therapy

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 01:18:07 AM »
Wow. Trying to expose flatland to as many people as possible.
What a dick.
Yeah, that's the biggest problem in flatland. Whatever that even means.

I would say it's bike price, but f*ck what do I know?  But it's definitely Bohm turning different people on to the riding.
;D Welcome back Joekickass.
Welcome back.

Offline mikeyscrewdriver

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 04:46:21 AM »
I ride with my shirt on in a parking lot behind an abandonned building. I buy my headphones at the dollar store and I have never done a time machine. Usually I just invent tricks so that I don't copy anyones style. Oh and I when I am riding my bike and I see a pedestrian approaching I dismount and walk.

Offline Sean Paul

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 04:57:17 AM »
Therapy:

The problem with the situation is all you do is talk sh*t to other people and put them down. You live and breathe a negative aurora. You seem to think that your opinions matter more than anyone elses and that you do not have to prove to anyone anything in regards to what you say.

This is really the heart of the problem.

There are some people who hate but atleast they have a background or context to hate. Jeff Desroche is a ok example. He's really really emotional and angry about everything, but atleast he is right about what he is saying: People copy him and his style. Matthias copies his links trick for trick for trick and wins competitions with it.

Atleast he has some justification for voicing his opinions and reasons. You however as far as the entire community is concerned *have none*. The reason you have none is because you have supplied absolutely nothing to anyone to back up your sh*t talking. You are too  much of a coward to show people who you are. Dont fool anyone, we all know its for one reason and one reason alone: You are ashamed of yourself, your actions or your riding and you dont feel up to people knowing your real identity. If I am wrong in this all you have to do to prove me wrong is to identify yourself. Choose not to, and the above will hold true *regardless whether or not it IS true*

I want you to understand this in the full context that it means: Whether we are discussing 'riding in public' or '2 piece vs 4 piece' or 'is a whopper harder than a bunny hop' ......your opinion on it means nothing. Not a single thing. No one can take your opinion seriously because you've proven that your only reason for existing on that site is to trash talk people and start arguments while supplying absolutely no evidence whatsoever to backup your claims.

Here's a couple options that will help you:

A: Learn how to control your emotion so that you can relate and empathize to other people your opinions without all of the sh*t talking and negative backlash

B: Prove to the community that the things you talk sh*t on you have a reason for it (e.g. if you hate on a trick and you think its not that hard, why dont you post a video of you doing it?). This would then atleast provide *some* intellectual content to your sh*t-storm that you call 'posting'.

C: Go away if you cannot control yourself.

Keep in mind, I have alot of issues and alot of the time I cannot control them. I felt very passionate about alot of things and I lack the ability to pre-emptively analyze the way others will socially interpret my comments.

I deleted my account and didnt post on these forums for well over a year. It was a good decision. I understand my limitations and seek to better myself by controlling myself as much as possible and eliminating variables that cause my problems to be broadcasted and inflamed, especially *by people like you*.

As for you being 'censored' : I've had that 'awaiting moderation' item myself. But dont worry you absolutely *will* be censored once effraim can get some help on his site to add user registration or moderation to his comment engine. Yes, im serious.

Infact I already sought out some friends to help him with the project specifically because of you. Im *almost* willing to pay the bill myself as poor as I am just to keep people like you off that site. You bring nothing to the conversation other than to start irrational and over emotional 'flame wars' in which you do nothing but slam people around like a 5 year old child throwing a temper tantrum.

We've all had enough. And that says alot considering what a incredibly nice and even tempered person Effraim is. The guy is doing this all out of pocket and puts alot of his personal time into something so that *other people can enjoy it for free*. And how do YOU pay him back? By showing your support? No, by insulting every single person you come into contact with.

The guy even resorted to making a post talking about spam and telling people to cool it. Are you so blind that you did not understand he was talking about people like you!? You make the guy do more work for your selfish and flagrant actions.

Good job and hopefully good riddance.

Oh and for the record: I like showing off. I like riding in public. I like riding with my shirt off, but not for the reason you think (Wind factor isolates sweating, if you've suffered heat strokes from exaustion from riding like i have you would understand). I ride in public every single day and I progress as fast as any single rider you know. I've learned every single new trick in public. Sometimes I will work on a new trick for 20+ hours without landing it *in public*.  Anything related to flatland that enables the public  to see it is a good thing, no matter what you think, but no one cares what you think anyways because you've proven yourself to have the patience and maturity of a toddler.

And on the real, who does NOT feel rewarded by displaying their talent on a public level and getting positive feedback for it??? What life do you live that you are so bitter and angry at everything?? I feel really bad that something thats so simple and special that you have no place in your psychology for.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:48:29 AM by Sean Paul »

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 05:30:23 AM »
Yeah man, the first thing I think when I see any kind of street performer is "f*cking showoff"! Geezus, who the f*ck do these people think they are singing in train stations, playing classical instruments in front of stores, chalking up amazing 3D images in chalk on sidewalks, or, the absolute worst, riding their f*cking undersized bikes with no shirt on! How dare they show the world the things they're passionate about in public places! The world would be so much better without any expressions of art, imagination, or passion! F*cking totally man...
**Pffftt... another moronic post from another anonymous moron "publicly" exposing the fact that they truly don't understand a damn thing about riding. Rant it up, Therapy... I'll be chilling out watching riders like Sean F. or Pete Brandt tear it up in their high foot traffic spots and high fiving him after them they pull a fat combo that makes people clap.**

Offline JoeKickass

• Backpacker
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 02:15:46 PM »
I still don't understand this person's grievance.
"You can ride brakeless with brakes." -- Scott O

Offline Therapy

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 02:27:47 AM »
Therapy:

The problem with the situation is all you do is talk sh*t to other people and put them down. You live and breathe a negative aurora. You seem to think that your opinions matter more than anyone elses and that you do not have to prove to anyone anything in regards to what you say.

This is really the heart of the problem.

There are some people who hate but atleast they have a background or context to hate. Jeff Desroche is a ok example. He's really really emotional and angry about everything, but atleast he is right about what he is saying: People copy him and his style. Matthias copies his links trick for trick for trick and wins competitions with it.

Atleast he has some justification for voicing his opinions and reasons. You however as far as the entire community is concerned *have none*. The reason you have none is because you have supplied absolutely nothing to anyone to back up your sh*t talking. You are too  much of a coward to show people who you are. Dont fool anyone, we all know its for one reason and one reason alone: You are ashamed of yourself, your actions or your riding and you dont feel up to people knowing your real identity. If I am wrong in this all you have to do to prove me wrong is to identify yourself. Choose not to, and the above will hold true *regardless whether or not it IS true*

I want you to understand this in the full context that it means: Whether we are discussing 'riding in public' or '2 piece vs 4 piece' or 'is a whopper harder than a bunny hop' ......your opinion on it means nothing. Not a single thing. No one can take your opinion seriously because you've proven that your only reason for existing on that site is to trash talk people and start arguments while supplying absolutely no evidence whatsoever to backup your claims.

Here's a couple options that will help you:

A: Learn how to control your emotion so that you can relate and empathize to other people your opinions without all of the sh*t talking and negative backlash

B: Prove to the community that the things you talk sh*t on you have a reason for it (e.g. if you hate on a trick and you think its not that hard, why dont you post a video of you doing it?). This would then atleast provide *some* intellectual content to your sh*t-storm that you call 'posting'.

C: Go away if you cannot control yourself.

Keep in mind, I have alot of issues and alot of the time I cannot control them. I felt very passionate about alot of things and I lack the ability to pre-emptively analyze the way others will socially interpret my comments.

I deleted my account and didnt post on these forums for well over a year. It was a good decision. I understand my limitations and seek to better myself by controlling myself as much as possible and eliminating variables that cause my problems to be broadcasted and inflamed, especially *by people like you*.

As for you being 'censored' : I've had that 'awaiting moderation' item myself. But dont worry you absolutely *will* be censored once effraim can get some help on his site to add user registration or moderation to his comment engine. Yes, im serious.

Infact I already sought out some friends to help him with the project specifically because of you. Im *almost* willing to pay the bill myself as poor as I am just to keep people like you off that site. You bring nothing to the conversation other than to start irrational and over emotional 'flame wars' in which you do nothing but slam people around like a 5 year old child throwing a temper tantrum.

We've all had enough. And that says alot considering what a incredibly nice and even tempered person Effraim is. The guy is doing this all out of pocket and puts alot of his personal time into something so that *other people can enjoy it for free*. And how do YOU pay him back? By showing your support? No, by insulting every single person you come into contact with.

The guy even resorted to making a post talking about spam and telling people to cool it. Are you so blind that you did not understand he was talking about people like you!? You make the guy do more work for your selfish and flagrant actions.

Good job and hopefully good riddance.

Oh and for the record: I like showing off. I like riding in public. I like riding with my shirt off, but not for the reason you think (Wind factor isolates sweating, if you've suffered heat strokes from exaustion from riding like i have you would understand). I ride in public every single day and I progress as fast as any single rider you know. I've learned every single new trick in public. Sometimes I will work on a new trick for 20+ hours without landing it *in public*.  Anything related to flatland that enables the public  to see it is a good thing, no matter what you think, but no one cares what you think anyways because you've proven yourself to have the patience and maturity of a toddler.

And on the real, who does NOT feel rewarded by displaying their talent on a public level and getting positive feedback for it??? What life do you live that you are so bitter and angry at everything?? I feel really bad that something thats so simple and special that you have no place in your psychology for.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 10:58:11 PM »
2) Some people have an issue with my anonymity.
Don't worry about who I am. I've been  on flatmatters before. And not on some sh*tass old school sunday.

I don't think anyone is particularly worried precisely because you aren't revealing who you are. If you did, maybe your points would carry more weight. Being posted in flatmatters isn't exactly a high honor. Effraim puts everything up on there he can find regardless of skill level. Just saying.