Author Topic: x-GAMES  (Read 3694 times)

Offline 757rider

x-GAMES
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
do you guys think matthias or terry adams could get invited to the street event?

Offline DLK

• Cliffhanger
Re: x-GAMES
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:16:35 PM »
Not until either one of them can do whiplashes while grinding down a rail on the front pegs.

Offline Isop

• Forkglider
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »
I'm assuming you're making reference to Kerley throwing down some flat inspired goodies? Yeah, I loved that too and IMO thought he should have taken it, but I digress.

Not sure, but I would most definitely like to see more flat/street hybrid riding, and am confused as to why we don't. Be hilarious if someone just busted out in a straight flat routine for their run, lol. I guess it's too cool for mainstream, just like speed climbing and luge, heh.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:28:27 AM by Isop »
"This fight brought to you by Xyience, extreme lawsuits for extreme corporate failures."

"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike!!"

"Vitor Belforts BJJ is like the nucleus of an atom, people say it exists but, no ones actually seen it."

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."

Offline jbikemoto

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 06:46:12 AM »
wasn't flatland in the xgames a while ago? idk about Matthias or TA getting invited to street but I really think it would be awesome if they'd bring back flatland to the xgames. even if its just a small venue, it would still be really cool for the crowd to watch and opportunities for riders.

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 04:43:50 AM »
X games isint what it used to be. And im not a big fan of it anymore. I think the DewTour is alot better and i hope they include flatland soon!

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 05:04:16 AM »
As much as riders train for this and have some amazing athletic abilities, its still comes down to ratings, time slots for sponsors, and people wanting to see someone go upside down whip their bike or spin their bars-7 feet over, and 10 feet above whatever dam ramp on the coarse their riding.      Bottom line is no one wants to watch someone spin around in a dam circle on flat ground, because they would rather watch a re-run of Big Bang Theory they have seen twice over ,yet would be glued to their TV. , yelling like its NFL play offs from the couch, and overwhelmed with joy to rewind their dvr to show their friends, and/or family watch someone rip their foot from their leg.     

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 07:08:31 AM »
I guess it's too cool for mainstream, just like speed climbing and luge, heh.

Yeah, but those have nothing on Super Modified Shovel Racing.

If they dropped that sport, flat has no chance. ESPN knows what's rad!