Author Topic: Russia: G-Flat Results and Alexey Proshin interview video  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Russia: G-Flat Results and Alexey Proshin interview video
« on: June 30, 2012, 11:07:03 PM »

Last weekend the G-Flat contest took place in Moscow. Konstantin Chernov took the first place and was so kind to send us the top 3 and best combo winner. Thanks and congratulations!

1st Konstantin Chernov
2nd Niyaz Zaripov
3rd Artem Savichev

Best Link: Neretin Evgeniy 

Furthermore we came across a new video of Alexey Proshin. There are a few interview parts in it in Russian but unfortunately no subtitles. Who can translate? ;-)

Offline *Fo*

• Hitchhiker
Re: Russia: G-Flat Results and Alexey Proshin interview video
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 11:30:37 PM »
i can translate  :beer:

Offline Bone

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 11:32:27 PM »
allot of flare in this guys riding,i love the energy,when u ride like this its never boring and always entertaining.......

Offline Bone

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »
that would have been good if i could of heard what he was saying in English....

Offline TamirMuter

• NO bmx no live :D
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
simple & amazing

Offline Booroo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »
Ok. I`ve translated it. There are some minor text loses which does not affect general idea:

[intro]I`ve started to ride in period of 2002, maybe. Didn`t know what to choose flat or street. So I`ve ridden street in the park and flat with friends in the neighborhood. This situation went for about 1 and half years.
But once I fell on the pavement with my face… Moreover started to look more on foreign videos [flatland] and it motivated me more [for flat]. I started to realize that flat is like a dance. Before starting bmx riding I rollerskated and breakdanced. Break was my favorite. And bmx was like a break for myself which motivated me more.

[about St.Martin Frame] This frame is very comfortable. It`s Alex Jumelin`s pro model. He is very famous and grown up rider. He is one of the most stylish riders throughout many years. It was produced a year ago. A little after production date frame in quantity of 1 was shipped to Moscow. Only some time ago a few of them  were shipped also. It was black but I repainted it because almost all of my bikes were black. The other details I`ve chosen from those I like.
I use 10-11 atmospheres to roll faster without additional force.
The bar is street one cause of trend. It`s cool. Many of modern bars are made as 2pcs.
The seat is also Alex`s pro model. It`s more like street as frame and bar, has classic shape. As you see whole bike is closer to street one.
Rims are Shadow. And spokes are Sapim [some Sapim`s advertise about how durable and strong they are].
Cranks are 3pc St.Martin 2012. They are special cause of sprocket which doesn`t use bolt. You won`t able to use any other sprocket.
Pedals are Superstar. Fork is also Alex`s pro model. Pegs are St.Martin.
I try to clean my bike every day. I don`t like it dirty. It should be polished and clean.

[g-flat] Everything went good. The highlights were Nyaz and Kostya Chernov. Kostya grew a lot this year and that`s why he took 1st place. It was difficult to judge. I had some difference with Vova [Fatkin] but he helped me to judge as it`s done on international level. It should be fair and You cannot chose the guys you friends with or have good relationship. Of cause someone can argue with us.
I want to say to all riders to take part in future competitions to be the same and stay cool.
Better to ride not so smooth but with your own style, than trying to be a copy.