Poll

The winner is?

Vova Isaev
Mateus Beckmann Flatland

Author Topic: ROUND 6: EXPERT class OVER; winner - Mateus Beckmann Flatland  (Read 52763 times)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: ROUND 6: EXPERT class - Varo Hernandez vs Steffen Peter
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »
Vote goes to steffen. That first combo was pretty rad, and the variety of throwing in the back wheel link didn't hurt either. Difficulty over all had a bit of an edge over Varo too.

Also, very rarely will you ever hear me comment over someones style, and this had no bearing on my decision, but I really dig Steffen's style. Real flow is something you rarely see these days, especially outside of the pro class.

Offline SERGI8

• Backpacker
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 06:32:54 PM »
My Vote goes to Steffen Peter.

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »
my vote is for steffen i loved the his first combo. bangers.
really good tricks also from varo, perfect barflip to crack.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline bese

• http://flatmadcrew.blogspot.com/
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 09:44:17 PM »
Congratulations to Steffen, you f*cked me!! see you next time!  :beer:
Varo

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND 6: EXPERT class - bene vs Sean Fontenot
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 11:53:56 PM »
Qualification battle:

bene

Bene Online Battle Round 1 Small | Large

vs

Sean Fontenot
! Private video Small | Large

(will be public in a moment)

Judges post your votes!
Other viewers can vote on the poll!

Varo Hernandez vs Steffen Peter (0:4)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 01:51:33 AM »
Vote goes to sean who should be in master class and should know better.

Seriously insane to think I was showing you how to do a few basic tricks just a couple of years ago. You're by far the fastest progressing rider on the forums.

Offline Sean Paul

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 02:16:54 AM »
Big thanks man.....remember I dont choose the class....blame ondo :P

Im sure by the next video battle I decide to do that I will feel appropriate competing in master.

:beer: for bene! Super run....love the backwards cliff in the middle of that super long combo! Oh and going through the water in the beginning.....lol +10 points :-)

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 02:21:03 AM »
Vote goes to Sean

I liked bene's long link, it was really nice.  But the difficulty or originality doesn't compare to what Sean was throwing down.  I mean a (one foot switchfoot on the pedal / one foot candybar) nosewheelie turbined and then spun with foot on the tire, what!!  If any one else in the world has ever done this I don't remember seeing it...

Offline Rennace

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 02:45:03 AM »
Vote goes to sean who should be in master class and should know better.

Seriously insane to think I was showing you how to do a few basic tricks just a couple of years ago. You're by far the fastest progressing rider on the forums.

+1, when I saw Sean's name in the list of competitors for the expert class, I'm not going to lie I was scared!  Hold it down for the USA for us Sean, keep killing it.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 03:46:14 AM »
Good grief, that was amazing riding from Sean.   :beer:   Some serious sh*t I have never seen before. 

"A puppet no more!"

Offline paulophilippines

• Hitchhiker
  • no comment
    • http://www.precision-products.info
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 05:52:51 AM »
very deserving Sean!.. but i think he should be in masters class though.. hehehe anyway great props to both of you guys!

Offline Sean Paul

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 06:13:23 AM »
very deserving Sean!.. but i think he should be in masters class though.. hehehe anyway great props to both of you guys!

Really I thought vova's run was much better than mine, and thats the run that stands out to me so far that should be master. Big variations, snappy style and alot longer links.

Link length is something I've put a huge focus in in the past 6 months and im starting to see some improvement. Hope I get the opportunity to show ya all.

Vote goes to Sean

I liked bene's long link, it was really nice.  But the difficulty or originality doesn't compare to what Sean was throwing down.  I mean a (one foot switchfoot on the pedal / one foot candybar) nosewheelie turbined and then spun with foot on the tire, what!!  If any one else in the world has ever done this I don't remember seeing it...

The only person who I've seen do similar is chad....we really started workin on this one at the same time....and there's no video of him doing his variation. He does it regular pedal 5 with his foot starting out over the bar (where I do it starting crossfooted and then side saddle it over the bar) and then on the turbine/pivot he switches into one of his tamahawk frame stand spins that he does in some of his other tricks.

That trick actually caused alot of grief between me and him. When I first posted up the edit of me learning the trick he was furious. Called me up threatening me and telling me what I can and cannot do.......I played it cool at first but when he kept up the act I decided that being in chads grace isnt worth taking a boatload of bullsh*t from him. He's supposed to be someone to look up to....not someone thats going to boss you around, tell you what tricks you can do and where you can ride.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:20:31 AM by Sean Paul »

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 06:15:25 AM »
Yes, this is some good riding from Sean, but if anyone is thinking about that he should be in Masters, well I had to choose because he is in between these two classes. As I saw some original, difficult tricks, the thing is that the nose turbines with different kicks are all really similar and short, so the variety is not so big + the flow is a bit sketchy. Was impressed by the backwards boomerangs!

bese did a good backwards combo, nice difficulty, really smooth. Love the cliffhanger!

I wouldn't say that Sean takes this with a mile as others said. Just a good edge. My vote goes to Sean!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 06:43:06 AM »
That trick actually caused alot of grief between me and him. When I first posted up the edit of me learning the trick he was furious. Called me up threatening me and telling me what I can and cannot do.......I played it cool at first but when he kept up the act I decided that being in chads grace isnt worth taking a boatload of bullsh*t from him. He's supposed to be someone to look up to....not someone thats going to boss you around, tell you what tricks you can do and where you can ride.

That's really disappointing. I expected more from him.

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 12:55:23 PM »
crazy sh*t man!
my vote is for Sean, great riding.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.