Author Topic: Your Biggest Flatland Moment 2005  (Read 15698 times)

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Your Biggest Flatland Moment 2005
« on: December 12, 2005, 09:11:03 PM »

Of course we have a little christmas giveaway again this year. KHE supplies 4 of their brandnew premium tires + 4 flatland t-shirts and you can win them. It's the world's first foldable freestyle tire and the guys from KHE are quite proud of it:

"This is not just a new tire like all the others, this one changes the weight of the complete bike dramatically because it's less rotating mass at the end of the frame and at the same time it strengthens a lot by using Kevlar material. Most tires  blow  up  with  big  pressure   and  they get bigger than labelled. The Kevlar strips hold everything in original shape and make the tire really, really light. This new Flatland tire is made of hard rubber and holds up to 120psi, making it perfect for spinning tricks."

Alright, what you have to do to win is the following: tell us your biggest flatland moment 2005. This means you either make a post here or, if you don't want other people to read it, you can send us an e-mail. Your biggest moment could be an event you've visited, a new part, the moment you've pulled a new trick or ... The winners will be chosen by lot on the 25th of December 2005.

Please make sure you entered your e-mail address in your forum-profile.

Prizes

1st: 2 tires
2nd: 1 tire + 1 t-shirt
3rd: 1 tire + 1 t-shirt
4th: 1 t-shirt
5th: 1 t-shirt

Good luck! May the force be with you ;)

Offline MMX

• Backpacker
  • Follow the Reaper
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 09:38:54 PM »
May I send an E-mail in german, because I am not good in english?

Offline bri (doogles)

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 09:46:52 PM »
ok ill start this thing. righto this year i met a rider who i knew for like a year by phone, but at nass ( uk comp) we finally hooked up. it was cool seeing him ride and just laughing at his welsh accent ! ! ! but we got along well cool and we both talked to some other flatlanders there too. plus it was there were we saw that alex jumilin (sorry if i spelt it wrong it was a guess and i couldnt be bothered to look it up) has such a funny smile  :)  

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 10:21:26 PM »
Ok, here's mine then:

Since about 3 years ago flatland has been a very important thing in my sports/hobbie life.
The thing that pulls me out of my hideout (home) and get's me pumping till I can no longer think straight and start missing any attempt of that new trick.
From June to the end of September I had the time to learn something I always wanted to be able to pull out so I started to perfect my steamrollers and getting ready to HitchHike!
I bailed lots of times, once I even got hurt in my hand, felt like I had broken my wrist, my bike fell over & over again, I praticed in sh*tty floors in the public garden where people would pass by making me wanna get it right.
After a month and a half I finally got the hang of it, now riding in the classic black top surface always started to come clearer and hitchhikers started to smoothly pop up fomrmy steamrollers.
About two months ago I smashed my rear wheel unsealed bearing system, the hub is sh*tty and I can't get no replacement bearings from Haro. I ordered a wheel from Germany so I'm waiting for it, when it arrives I may be able to make a frame upgrade and hopefully lower 1kg from my ride so I can finish my best 05 moment in Flatland activity, the moment I learned HitchHikers.

:beer:;)  

Offline Jack-O.

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 10:51:50 PM »
My best Flatland Moment was simply that I started to ride Flatland. I bought a cheap bike for tryout and gave my old bike to my friend, that i convinced to ride with me. :> It was just amazing to learn all the tricks together and see how each other get better and better. Flatland has changed the way that I live my life in a positive way.

Ride on!

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 12:48:49 AM »
My best Flatland moment 2005/6 was discovering globalflat.com.
Flat-ism

Offline jed

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 07:39:11 AM »
Well my story was going to Street Justice in Edmonton at the end of July. Chilling at Cory Fester's house making pancakes with the god himself. Then sessioning all day non-stop. We then went to the 1664 contest and everyone was there like street pros like Berringer.

At the contest a guy showed up on a cruiser doing flatland claiming it was impossible to do many tricks on it. I had to prove him wrong and I busted a time machine on it proving that you really can do anything, and I also knew flat was in my blood. The contest was fun and everyone had an awesome time and my flatland sensei Brandon Derbowka won with his amazing no handed blenders. We also had a jam the day before in a parking lot and cooked burgers in the back of a truck. It was non stop riding!

The night after the contest all BMXers hit up White Avenue in Edmonton's downtown. It's the main street with all the clubs. THings were getting crazy and BMXers of all forms were hitting the clubs and dominating. Flatland, and Street we all didn't care and just partied. It was seriously like 50 BMXers packing the clubs.

Later that night I remember picking up some random BMX girl fan at the club who came for the contest. All I remember is banging her in the backseat of a random car that was open then taking a taxi back to Fester's at 8am and dropping like $50 cause I didn't know where I was going. I got to his house, at 10am slept two hours and got up and went to the jam and busted. True flatlanders can ride whenever they need to.

I also got to chill with Percy and Billy Boris! and Kev, Brent, Terry, Julian, Strom, Prashant, Joey, Tron, and everyone else who makes up Central Canada's dope scene.

It was a weekend of jams, boozing, contests, partying, sex, and more jams. It was the first time in my life I felt like a flatland rock star, and I can't wait to do it again. I know the more I progress the better it'll get. Plus riding 12 hours a day and living it up the other 12 were something I'll always remember. Flatland is part of me.

Here's a vid of me doing a time machine on a cruiser at Street Justice I almost hit a few pedal timemachines too:

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/flatland/...stice_v_079.avi

I'll try and find some pics of the weekend if anyone's interested too...

Thanks for listening and keep riding!

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 07:45:58 AM »
My biggest flatland moment in 2005 was when I got back on my bike for the first time. At the end of 2004, I fell on my bike and injured my kidney. It took several months to heal.

Offline Beail

• Hitchhiker
    • Declaim.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 11:36:17 AM »
My best Flatland moment 2005/6 was discovering globalflat.com.

:rolleyes:

progression of a place to ride backed by the local council! :ph34r:  

Offline spix

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Gábor [HUN]
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 04:33:40 PM »
hi everybody!

my best flatland moment in 2005 wasn't just a moment it was a whole week. Maybe you've heard about OG Summer Gypsy-Games. This was the firs time I've been there and it was just amazing... nonstop riding all day, partying in the night, the Tricks Stars 6 premiere, the contest, the pros and everything was perfect... (except the weather but it couldn't stop us) i've made lots of friends and i still keep the contact with them... i've learned a lot of things there. Gypsy-Games is the only event -in Hungary- what is all about FLATLAND so it's a realy important thing for hungarian flatlanders. i managed to master some new tricks not to mention the motivation i got... That's all folks, keep on riding!!!
flatland lives!

flo

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 06:39:33 PM »
the "battle in da club" in stuttgart.  if ya wanna know more, read the article here on global-flat.

Offline Polamaniec

• Team
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 09:34:59 PM »
heh...It's very easy to choose one moment for me.
Of course it was worlds in Prague.A lot of great time with friends in other coutry where the beer is great but too weak and the girls are beautiful.It's nice to meet with so many interesting people and watch the best riders in the world with theme.It wasnt only best moment in year 2005 but one of the best moments in my life.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 12:00:30 PM »
well,congratulations about the site by the way i just register and i thought it was a good point to thank globalflat as a very good site with news about flatland and everything.
hmm,i dont think i had just one great moment on 2005 but all the year was great.
i don t know from where should i start.
at january alehandro is organising his first  contest in greece with special guest jeff desroche.
that was very good that he travelled all the way from canada to greece.
then he is organising a second contest in may with marti kuoppa,viki gomez,michael steingraber,miki sommer,alex jumelin,frank lukas,shane cajanori,jimi petitet,raphael chiquet, and lot of others.
perfect atmospaire, very good riding even when it started to rain everybody came back for rain sessions.parties at clubs and at the hotel rooms later..
what else?lot of new parts are coming out,i am doing a lot of new tricks so i cant name only one great moment but every litlle moment that i am on my bmx..
thats it peace

Offline coaster

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 02:12:07 PM »
I was a little afraid cause i thought that now my lil son is 3 years old and i thought that i don't have any time to ride. But i bought a little minibike, put 4 oldschoolpegs on and he rode it first try. I was so happy and pride. So we went together all the time after work. He starts to copy me and by the way i learned backpackers und cliffhangers. That was the best summer for me. Doing what i like the most with my best friend my little son. So he starts riding a bike with only 3 years.

Offline bodzioo

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 02:49:40 PM »
Then, there was my best moment in season 05 ' when there I have left on first JAM'.I'm meet many new people.. and stars of flatland ..I remember this moment life to the end (Cases can not seem from this fact but it was fine it for I and I would like to stop moment that )..I start ride bmx 2year ago and I do not want to complete with it sport! ...However, there was fairest moment have won I if I have won if though in this competition t-shirt :):)    

I'm don't good speak english beacouse I'm from other state

I salute!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 02:53:21 PM by bodzioo »