Author Topic: Anyone can help me with "spins" (Megaspin-like)?  (Read 3550 times)

Offline MokiCzech

• Backpacker
Anyone can help me with "spins" (Megaspin-like)?
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:53:53 PM »
Hi guys,
when weather gets better, I will try to make a video at least, but for now, this has to do. I have freaking problems with spins. It feels like I will never be able to make it, because my technique got pretty flawed.
Thing is that a) whenever I spin for more than 90 degrees, I tend to put my leg on the ground. I did this like 500 times, really, and it feels like I just can't stop doing that.
But that's because b) I suck at those spins. I managed to actually spin around (360+) like, three times. I have problem with the part where I have to get the wheel from spinning forward to spinning backward (since rest of spins is in reverse).
Now, I am not that good at flat anyways, so I am wondering if there are any tricks I can try before megaspin to get some balance and whatnot. I have no problem with One-hand Pegwheelies, Cyclones and so on, but I would love to learn some spins and I just can't get the right idea, I guess.
I watched a lot of videos, and I understand theory, but I just can't-freaking-make it.
Also, is it necessary to actually scuff, or it's possible to get the wheel rolling in revest just by motion?
Thanks!

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Anyone can help me with "spins" (Megaspin-like)?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:32:37 AM »

Offline CrazyCajun

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 03:37:02 AM »
Holy crap You are making christjesus legit by linking his legit post.  ;D

Offline Pinebox

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 06:02:19 AM »
I'm still starting myself, but with Megaspins, I found that the reverse of direction is almost a timing thing for me. I cant just go straight for the kick,  I have to have the bike start the pivot and then I finish the turn with a kick putting it into reverse. So I will swing it up to the side and then right when I feel the weight start to change from the pivot is when I kick. When you time it right, the kick is effortless and throws me into a tight fast spin, but I am still working on finding the spot that will keep it steady, I roll out after 540. Hope this helps.
Fredo at Pinebox Recording
IG: PineboxRecording

Offline MokiCzech

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 09:47:30 AM »
I see.

Thanks for answers, I will check both tutorials right now and hopefully try it for a bit when weather get's better here (still snowy :/). Thing is that I kinda lose my balance when spinning. Not sure if it's because I have from wheel too low, so it "throws" me off, or what, but I just tend to put my non-peg (right) leg on the ground...

Offline rawshark

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 02:11:09 PM »
Well I can't actually megaspin yet, so I could be talking nonsense, but I got over the 'foot down' problem by concentrating on leaning the bike towards my peg foot. It seems counter-intuitive at first but I find if I make sure the bike is leaning that way I don't want to put my foot down.

Offline broke_khe

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:56:41 AM »
at least 85psi