Author Topic: How to Megaspin...written out  (Read 4102 times)

Offline christjesus

• Forkglider
How to Megaspin...written out
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:52:34 AM »
Start off at a comfortable speed, the faster you start off the faster you'll turbine.  If that's not your intent then slow it down a little, eventually you'll get to turbining.

I start with my left foot on my back left peg.  My right foot near my front right peg, not on it, sort of hovering over it.  Swing your right leg behind you as you pull up the front wheel.  If you don't put your foot on the tire you will turbine this trick, i'll get to that later.  As your front tire comes up your foot should be starting to kick your back tire.  As long as your kicks are even and smooth you can kick this sombitch as long as you can stand the dizzies. 

To land stop kicking and let the front end pivot and hit the ground.  foot on pedal, ride away.

Turbine: Start the same, don't kick the tire.  Kind of swing your leg in and out.  Out when you go backwards in when you pivot forwards.   I can only do 3 turbines, maybe its low air pressure, maybe its apathy, I don't know.  I've seen Lachlan turbine it as much as he wants.

Crossfooted: Start with left foot on back right peg.  Same deal, swing foot, kick tire.  The only difference is your balance is a little different but once you start kicking the tire it's about the same. 

Top Tube: I start on my back left peg and when my right foot initially hits the tire i step up to the top tube.  You're a little cramped when doing this, for me that's what makes it harder in terms of maintaining the balance point.  To land step down to peg and land like normal, or pull a banger and decade out.

One handed: Eventually you can do the trick entirely with one hand start to finish.  To start with...do a megaspin take (since I'm going clockwise) your right hand off, wave to the kiddies.  Give the bird to the haters.  If your friskie you can barspin one handed.  Rest the seat against your knee and give her a flip. 

Holy sh*t i just did a serious post...

Offline The Flat Squirrel

• Funky Chicken
  • Flat Squirrel
    • Flat Squirrel
Re: How to Megaspin...written out
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »
Nice post!!
I`m trying to figure out how to start with a Megaspin and then do a time machine thingy.
just carn`t get it right  >:(

http://flatsquirrelflatland.weebly.com/
BMX, Vdubs, Music, what else??

Offline MokiCzech

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:57:41 AM »
Thanks, I will use this one. I can't even do a single spin (yet), so this will help.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 06:00:19 PM »
Holy sh*t i just did a serious post...
man.....wtf? ;D good info too..you are now an Elitist....

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »
NICE ;D
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 09:57:39 PM »

I can only do 3 turbines, maybe its low air pressure, maybe its apathy, I don't know. 

that is why i love you so....