Author Topic: Work Sucks  (Read 7490 times)

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
Re: Work Sucks
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 04:30:34 AM »
there is work there!  Us English just think we are better than everyone else and look for stupid paid an hour jobs.  I had a good job but my wife she worked in Mc Donald's but who care its a job and pays the bills.
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 08:27:36 AM »
Work sucks and kicks ass.

Pro's:
You have money to pay your rent/bills/food and debts
You are a contributing part of society
You have the money for new frames/parts )especially if your bike is stolen)

Con's:
You're always tired
lack of motivation to go out on the vag hunt or to just ride.
People know you have money so people are always asking for a loan or hand out.
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

Offline Lam47

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »
there is work there!  Us English just think we are better than everyone else and look for stupid paid an hour jobs.  I had a good job but my wife she worked in Mc Donald's but who care its a job and pays the bills.

I don't agree with this I'm afraid. When you get to a certain age work is no longer just work. When you are young perhaps anything is fine just for the money. But once you get older work needs to mean something unless you want your soul sucked out through your ass each day.
Xbox live GT. Mr Brownground

Offline ThatGuyMike

• why yes. yes i am a noob.
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »

I don't agree with this I'm afraid. When you get to a certain age work is no longer just work. When you are young perhaps anything is fine just for the money. But once you get older work needs to mean something unless you want your soul sucked out through your ass each day.

I agree ^^. I just turned 23 and its hitting me that I need a stable job. I been doing contract work since I left the military. Its nice (20-25/hr), but the contracts are only a year. They can also be cut short at anytime.

I just had an interview on Monday, so hopefully I receive a call back. $48k/yr without a college degree would be tits right now until I get school done with lol.

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 10:50:52 PM »

so you wont work your saying until you find the "right job" for your right age? so until then you will sponge off the government, sit at home and watch Jeremy Kyle?

Life aint easy, I would love the "right job" but also I would love a bloddy bike to ride but I dont have the money to get one.

So what job do you do? If you have a job cool and I understand you are looking for the right job but if your are not working you suck ! ! !

There maybe not many nice jobs or the right jobs with the right pay but f*ck we need to pay the bills so you we get whatever there is.

Sorry for the rant but there is jobs in England its just most English dont want to work at mc Donalds or dont want to work in a care home. They just want to be paid alot and do little but life dont work like that.

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline Lam47

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 12:17:00 AM »
You know nothing about me. Your sweeping generalisations are insulting and uneccisary.
You have a different attitude towards work than I do and that's fine.
But don't you dare suggest that I do not pull my weight in the world.

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 04:53:24 AM »
I'm sorry, but do you work though? I'm keeping it simple this time and not rude

Offline Lam47

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »
Appology accepted.
I have worked a lot in my life. I've also studied and have a degree. I've even saved a young girls life.
A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with stage 3 kidney diseas. I also suffer from low blood pressure and countless other issues. At the moment the only work I do is volentary, for charity.

My point is you can't make a snap judgment on a person based on weather they work or not. Life just isn't that simple.