Author Topic: Completely preventable tragety!  (Read 2654 times)

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
Completely preventable tragety!
« on: November 15, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »
This was one of my buddy Jody Donnelly's Ft. Wayne , Indiana kids. Jody does the same kinds of stuff to support these kids, and BMX as I do. Too sad, breaks my heart!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.journalgazette.net%2Farticle%2F20111113%2FLOCAL07%2F111119773%2F1002%2FLOCAL&h=IAQES_uJqAQEAPekv0HGxoozqI-XeLTjjLvhFqdrbwQF6kw
That Joe miller

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Completely preventable tragety!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:07:12 PM »
How can people still do things as stupid as these,with all the accidents happening everyday?

Yeah, I confess, I've done it too last year, but I'll will never do it again: I wanted to cross a 4 lane street in winter. I was coming back from an indoor parking lot. All the cars were stopped, because there was a red light at the intersection, about 20 meters away. I saw a hole between 2 cars in the first lane, and tried to cross the street, with my bike beside me, and as I was getting past the hole, a car rolled in front of me in the second lane, and grazed my front tire.

I had the fear of my life! 30 more centimeters and I was dead!

Since that time, I always cross the street at the intersection.

Offline Icarus

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 10:38:29 PM »
I've never had this happen to me, nor have I seen it almost happen to anyone else, but it is something that I do think about and fear whenever I ride my bike through the city. It really is one of those terrifying things that just hangs in the back of my mind. Very unfortunate that this happened to him.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 07:23:06 AM »
One has to be super alert as soon as you hit any civil road. Its getting worse be it at cross walks or not, whatever the road, everyone is forgetting about impact.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE