Author Topic: tendonosis?  (Read 2751 times)

Offline cunners

• Backpacker
tendonosis?
« on: November 09, 2011, 03:21:59 PM »
anyone had experiences with this? got it my achilles , apart from rest and ice anyone tried physio or anything else?

loque

Re: tendonosis?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 04:18:56 PM »
Loads of us riders have it in various ways some people more than others , its about balancing rest focusing on what causes it specifically and some ibruprofen then figuring out what works best for you .

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 04:56:47 PM »
i recently got on the good side of my tendonitis, also in the achilles. ibuprophen and soaking in ice water daily helped

Offline cunners

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »
yeah i think the ice is helping, gonna take a month out in the winter as well, hopefully can get my lame ass doctor to get me physio , as this has been on and off for two years now and startin to really piss me off , nothin worse than cuttin a ridin session short

Offline cunners

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »
incidently, the weird thing is double footed tricks kill it but just started inside pedal karls [on the worse ankle] and they dont hurt it at all!?!

loque

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 10:27:38 PM »
Honestly speaking from experience NHS physio is f*cking sh*t as is eveyrthing on the nhs now , you really will get superior treatment going to a private physio i know itl cost you (£35ish per 30 min session)  but trust me its worth it , the nhs physio,s just insult your intelligence and give you a piece of paper saying go do this do that like primary school .

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 01:59:39 AM »
Isn't tendonosis a wrist/hand condition from over-using the remote control to rewind combos in the classic Plywood Hoods Hypnosis video???? ;D

brian

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 03:19:44 AM »
Isn't tendonosis a wrist/hand condition from over-using the remote control to rewind combos in the classic Plywood Hoods Hypnosis video???? ;D

brian

that's what i was thinking

Offline cunners

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »
yeah think i will try the nhs first but reckon private will be better, as for the wrists they ache from films not of the flatland variety

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »
i ve had many tendonitis over the years. What i figured out is that you should first listen to your body signals. and never practice on the same tricks for too long. tendonitis comes from repeating too many times the exact same movement, and putting excessive stress on a very precise part of your body. Drink water throughout your practice session, and never practice on the same link more than 30 minutes in a row, move on to something else and get back to that link a little bit after that.  works for me

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 08:00:39 PM »
i ve had many tendonitis over the years. What i figured out is that you should first listen to your body signals. and never practice on the same tricks for too long. tendonitis comes from repeating too many times the exact same movement, and putting excessive stress on a very precise part of your body. Drink water throughout your practice session, and never practice on the same link more than 30 minutes in a row, move on to something else and get back to that link a little bit after that.  works for me

Correct. One important point WATER. Any form of hydro therapy is good be it internal or external, a little almond oil rub is good too. When I have to do repetitive work/riding, no matter what, I wear K-Tape where need be. Any good tensors can help.

In between the therapy it won't hurt to make use of kinesiology tape. You do whatcha gotta do.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline cunners

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 08:06:10 PM »
mine is tendonosis apparently which is tendon degeneration, taping it up might work but would rather make it stronger , got a coupla stretches type strenghining things im gonna try , downtime is obviously the best thing but we all know that aint easy, damn heroin bike!

loque

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 10:03:11 PM »
ice is important to , ice the tendon for 20 mins a day .

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 10:08:40 PM »
Prolotherapy, R.I.C.E (rest, ice, compression, and elevation), epsom salt soaks, topical analgesics before rest/sleep, laser therapy, massage, and acupuncture.

"Tendonitis," not, "tendonosis."
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.