Author Topic: AMFLT: Final results for 2011 - Matt Wilhelm wins pro!  (Read 29182 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
AMFLT: Final results for 2011 - Matt Wilhelm wins pro!
« on: August 16, 2011, 01:52:07 AM »
From what we saw on the interwebz Battle at Border had a bit of a weather problem but nevertheless the final results for the AM Flatland Circuit have been posted. Matt Wilhelm won the pro class! Congratulations! Below you'll find a summary of the results. 

Pro

1st Matt Wilhelm
2nd Dane Bearsley
3rd Terry Adams
4th Bo Wade
5th Matthias Dandois 

Master
1st Todd Gully
2nd Tyler Gillard
3rd Brian Huffman
4th + 5th: Pralex! 

Full results for all the classes are available on amflatlandcircuit.com. What makes the rankings quite fair is that only the best 3 results (of 5 events) count for the final ranking. So it's not a problem if you can't make it to every single event. We're looking forward to the AM Flat Circuit 2012!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: AMFLT: Final results for 2011 - Matt Wilhelm wins pro!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:08:20 AM »
Will someone be posting unedited complete runs from the most recent event?

Offline RonBaker

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:34:14 AM »
I have all the complete runs from the master class. I will post them all on youtube in the next couple hours.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:42:57 AM »
I have all the complete runs from the master class. I will post them all on youtube in the next couple hours.

This will be fun.

Offline trevoro

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 06:51:20 AM »
nice! i finished 20th in expert!

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 08:43:19 AM »
kongrats to Ketch team rider Todd Gully on his year end title!  full props go out to all the chicago area riders as they took home the pro, master and beginers classes!  and a big thanks to steve for the amflat series! thanks steve!!!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 10:19:57 AM »
Would Steve care to comment on one of the judges claiming he was asked to alter a riders score on consistency?

I quote the judge:

him: ok, i was the ___ judge in the qualifiers and ____ in the finals
there was alot of stuff f*cked uplike the consistency scoringi was persuaded by steve to change that

me: whoaaaaa what

him:like say someone touched like 5 timesid give them a 6 out of 10
but then steve told me to give them a 3-4
me:who did he say that with, like what riders

him: just anyone in general but at the time i think it was alex

That's one of the judges of the event saying straight up he was asked by Steve to manipulate the scores. Not only was the entire system broken from the get go by factoring in "style", but he was attempting to game the event to what he felt was a desirable outcome by changing the scores.

What. The. Hell.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:34:45 AM by 2flat2furious »

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 10:27:48 AM »
Also would like confirmation about how many runs there were in the finals for each rider, and if it was best of 2?

byke

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 12:02:30 PM »
Is this the same Alex from the Fise judging Palaver?

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 05:55:56 PM »
Finals were run with a best of 2 run format with run times of 1:45.

And the Alex being referred to here I believe is Alex Poirier, as I'm pretty sure there were no other Alex's present, nor anyone from France attending.

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 06:12:02 PM »
Noooooo...I couldve beat Prasheel!!!!!  Haha, over it.
-alex

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 08:04:49 PM »
Alright so there is a best of two runs, so that means that somehow one of these two runs was worthy of an 8/10 in consistency by one of the judges. Another gave him a 7.5.

Tyler Gilliard 1st run battle at the border master

Tyler Gilliard Masters final in Battle at the border

Also, a 10 for difficulty? He didn't pull ANYTHING. Two of the judges thought that regardless of not hitting a single trick, Tyler still deserved a perfect score for difficulty.

Now, despite pulling more tricks than tyler, Prasheel scored pretty much exactly the same in consistency, and despite the fact that he actually pulled tricks he was given a considerably lower score in difficulty (which is completely absurd considering the fact tyler didn't pull a single trick, and nothing comes close to hitting as many brakeless whiplashes as Prasheel did).

prasheel 1st run

Prasheels final run in battle at the border masters

So Steve is messing with the consistency scores, and the judges scores reflect some apparent bias against reality when it comes to who pulls what. There doesn't seem to be any fair metric for a spectator to go on, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for why one rider got one score over another.

I'm still waiting to see the other runs posted in their totality (I've only seen one of two runs for other riders so I don't have any reason to comment until I see both), but I'm assuming I will see a lack of consistency in judging across the board. I guess it goes to show that despite the fact that once a month we have a huge uproar about how poor judging is in the sport, there are still ways for people to  literally go out of their way to screw it up again.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 08:24:10 PM »
I would like to add at this point that Steve's friends are physically threatening me for mentioning any of this.

Jeff Troutman: Your right I don't (in reference to him never judging a contest), steve is my brother and he puts his heart and soul into this circuit that is his passion, and some ASS BAG as yourself that has nothing better to do than whine ALL the time about the circut I take It personally, you need your ASS kicked...

At this point I tell him to get to the back of the line in reference to said ass kicking.

Jeff Troutman: Then don't go the fuking contest if you think your gonna be beat by someone else...and don't worry the next contes your at ill be at the front of the line, I can assure you that...your an idiot who is jealous and a hater...do the circut a favor and just dissappear...

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 08:29:27 PM »
Well, I'm now wondering how is that Adams and Wilhelm scored above Dandois. but video will tell us more...

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 08:34:42 PM »
That's one of the judges of the event saying straight up he was asked by Steve to manipulate the scores. Not only was the entire system broken from the get go by factoring in "style", but he was attempting to game the event to what he felt was a desirable outcome by changing the scores.

If I were running a contest, I'd have a tough time keeping my mouth shut if a judge were awarding a 6 in consistency to a rider who didn't pull anything...regardless of whether or not it's the right thing to do.

I'm assuming he was interested in making sure the scores were accurate, as opposed to ensuring certain riders placed higher than others.