Author Topic: We want your feedback! New Global Outfit + Forum Update  (Read 16176 times)

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
Re: We want your feedback! New Global Outfit + Forum Update
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 06:08:46 PM »
confused me for a second but i like it
Signing out...

byke

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 07:11:05 PM »
Just want to add, ios5 beta4 doesn't work very well with image allocation on this site. (ipad2)

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »
I struggle with change a bit, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.  Global is far and away the best flatland forum ever (flatlanders kinda bounced from place from place since the beginning of the Internet) and this won't change that.

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 07:55:18 PM »
I struggle with change a bit, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.  Global is far and away the best flatland forum ever (flatlanders kinda bounced from place from place since the beginning of the Internet) and this won't change that.

I gotta b honest I don't know ANY other flatland forum, I know a couple which is integrated with street but it's not dedicated and people don't have a clue what they talking about! All HAIL GLOBAL-FLAT
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »

The main forum went from bmxboard to backlash to pedal to here over the years, and there might be some I'm forgetting

I gotta b honest I don't know ANY other flatland forum, I know a couple which is integrated with street but it's not dedicated and people don't have a clue what they talking about! All HAIL GLOBAL-FLAT

byke

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 08:11:42 PM »
Protyle

The main forum went from bmxboard to backlash to pedal to here over the years, and there might be some I'm forgetting

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 08:14:51 PM »
I love it. And how the stickys are a high-lighted background make it easier not clicking on the stickys i used to click them all the time thinking its a normal thread
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 08:23:55 PM »

Oh yeah...I was aware of that one but I don't think I ever had an account.

There was some other one too, circa 2000.  All I remember from it was a lot of talk about London Bikes and Jeff DesRoche at that time.  And Props Groundwork.  What WAS that place?

Protyle

Offline felix

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 08:47:06 PM »
I have seen that there is a problem with the advanced search when using safari.

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 08:51:19 PM »
I have seen that there is a problem with the advanced search when using safari.

thanks for the screenshot, gonna try to figure out what's wrong there.

Glad to hear that (apart from some underwear issues) all of you seem to like it somehow!

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 09:12:54 PM »
On second thought, I appreciate the upgrade but the effort would have been better invested fixing the trick list, the parts section and the photo/vid sections. Those still seem untouched and unused becuse of their disfunction.

It's work in progress. All the sections will be updated. For technical reasons the forum had to be updated first.

Offline UFO

• Hitchhiker
    • UFOBMX
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 09:43:24 PM »
Text seems a bit small but, i'm sure i will get use to it, love the Quick Reply.

byke

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 10:15:05 PM »

That was www.byke.com/flatland which if memory serves me correct was called flatland online and run by a Swedish kid at the time who went by the name of flatland fro.

Oh yeah...I was aware of that one but I don't think I ever had an account.

There was some other one too, circa 2000.  All I remember from it was a lot of talk about London Bikes and Jeff DesRoche at that time.  And Props Groundwork.  What WAS that place?

Protyle

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 11:29:02 PM »
Text seems a bit small but, i'm sure i will get use to it, love the Quick Reply.

Text should be bigger now. Had to fix a few issues ..

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 12:27:37 AM »
Is there a way to size it better for 1080p monitors? The other style seemed to fill the screen better.