Author Topic: Wot no cwome  (Read 4585 times)

loque

Re: Wot no cwome
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 12:43:21 PM »
Always done well with Winstanleys myself however this isnt an argument for them being good I may just be lucky , but then most problems seem to come from people buying complete bikes from them .

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 03:21:58 PM »
I can't see ever riding on anything but chrome rims.  I'm also surprised chrome bikes have never come back in style.
The zion lowkee came in chrome. it was a very popular color.

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 01:06:59 AM »
Byke,

We have some chrome Alienation Runaway rims in stock....

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=46616

We also carry chrome rims from Sun, Proper, Primo, Odyssey and Gsport.

Hope this helps.

Whatever chainreactioncycles sells, winstanleys sells cheaper:-
(And they do free deliverys + excellent service)

http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/15760/Alienation_Runaway_Rim

i had to laugh when i read this ,20 pound postage including the 8.99 GRIPS to post to northern ireland (PART OF THE UK) i posted a frame for less than this plus they take for ever to do anything and stock lvls are realy acurate ,CRC ships normaly same day if not next day and is free friendly and just simple awesome
Keep it flat!

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 02:40:43 AM »
anyone see these for sale....?

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 04:34:12 AM »
According to Pat, Chrome in itself is almost obsolete because brake pads and brakes are so well made these days. He said that the stopping power on colored rims with the set ups we can have now are just as good if not better than chrome.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 01:24:29 PM »
According to Pat, Chrome in itself is almost obsolete because brake pads and brakes are so well made these days. He said that the stopping power on colored rims with the set ups we can have now are just as good if not better than chrome.

I feel that.  I went from a chrome rim on the back, to a painted rim...yes, the brakes worked a little less as good...but then I switched to clear brake pads, and they stop better than any brakes I have ever had. 

Also, I hate chrome rims on the front...I feather my brakes too much, and chrome rims just STOP you completely.   I can still do Bar Endos and other front brake tricks where you have to stop completely...I just squeeze a little harder on the brake.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline pulsar

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 02:26:05 AM »
i don't know if this is one of the causes but now (at least in italy) most chrome industries closed because of a lot of ecologist laws who made very hard for them to stay open and the one who are still working produces chromed parts of a worst quality than in the past.
so it coluld be one of the causes.

i noticed most people here ignor real or factual information, anything thats actually important is ussually skimmed over. i guess thats one reason why i dont come here much anymore, its like a playground for kids here.

then you get stuff like this...

word to the guy in the other thread about the Chase bars, the guy who posted info about bending tubing that was passed by like it was never mentioned.

Tj.....take a bath....and no that doesnt mean you stink.