Author Topic: David Hoffmann wins Hitchhiker Juggler contest  (Read 9767 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
David Hoffmann wins Hitchhiker Juggler contest
« on: August 01, 2011, 12:34:35 AM »
David from Germany won the BMXFreestyler Hitchhiker Juggler contest with 48 jugglers + maneuvering around pedestrians! Check out the video on the left (first few seconds can be skipped).

Mark wrote: "I would like to thank everyone that participated and contributed money and prizes. David will be recieving money in his pay pal account today! London Bars are going to be powdered coated to what ever color he wants and shipped off."

So what´s the next trick contest?

byke

Re: David Hoffmann wins Hitchhiker Juggler contest
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 01:11:25 AM »
I hope the next contest is roll into an endo ... Stall ... Stay stalled and pivoted and in that position, try to devise a way of linking tricks all endo stall based ... Boomerangs, around the world, gimp lashes etc.

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 08:22:00 AM »
I think its should be something classic like pinky-squeaks ! ! !

I was with Phil Dolan and hes did 13 I got on film. I just love how they get faster and faster.
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 08:22:27 AM »
whiplashes!

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 10:00:19 AM »
whiplashes have pretty much been done "dorkin" anyone? There was 20ish something like that???

*EDIT* Had to look it up, Kevin Jones 52 whiplashes. Hell of a start point for others
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:13:24 AM by Bri-jon »

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »
whiplashes have pretty much been done "dorkin" anyone? There was 20ish something like that???

*EDIT* Had to look it up, Kevin Jones 52 whiplashes. Hell of a start point for others

I know, thats why we should do a whiplash contest, I know someone can beat that!

Offline wolfpuppet

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 10:29:46 AM »
+1 for pinky squeaks!

byke

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 10:43:48 AM »
I still think it should be an endo variation contest.
We have seen how many foot jam variations etc mini ramp riders do on the decks, and lip tricks ala rob ridge and Rick molernterno ...... It may open up this contest to a greater diversity of riders and also open up a fun sort of variation flatland that is not rolling, not hoping but fixed to a spot.

Freezeland, with an element of popping and locking, and an endless supply of raditude.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:45:34 AM by byke »

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »
I still think it should be an endo variation contest.
We have seen how many foot jam variations etc mini ramp riders do on the decks, and lip tricks ala rob ridge and Rick molernterno ...... It may open up this contest to a greater diversity of riders and also open up a fun sort of variation flatland that is not rolling, not hoping but fixed to a spot.

Freezeland, with an element of popping and locking, and an endless supply of raditude.

Hey Mark who did all the stalled icepick variations... was it Pill or Sams Foalkes brother Ben? You mean stuff like that but from an endo as that would be cool to see.

I must admit cowboy endos have always amazed me

loque

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 12:44:47 PM »
Congrats to the winner , would have liked more people to put some money in tbh especially many of the moral highgrounders on this forum always in vocal support of supporting flatland in various ways , funny how when it comes to just giving up 1 dollar the crusade takes a back seat for many .

Brakeless pinkies next !

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 02:49:24 PM »
longest nose manual, it can be the longest in time so there is no problem to see  the lenght.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 03:10:45 PM »
longest nose manual, it can be the longest in time so there is no problem to see  the lenght.

well Dolan has won that already  ;D

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 10:55:56 PM »
decades or pedaling mega-spin circles
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 01:31:22 AM »
decades or pedaling mega-spin circles

You know I thought about Decades but then thought. O MY whos going to do double brakeless or more!! That would be a hard contest with out brakes. Most riders only run front brake if any. I don't really recall anyone doing like 2 or 3 breakless one after the other. That would be insane!!

Its does my heart good to see such a big interest! I would like to do it again.  It felt great to give money away to a rider that won. It was even greater that so many people gave just for the sake of supporting flatland. I was thinking Every other month. That would be 6 times in the year. Giving a break between comp and since its community driven people that are willing to contribute to the prize at the end just makes it that much more fun. I threw out $20 last time. But if 1000 members contrubiuted $1.00 thats $1000 to give away to a rider.

I will be working on some details and looking at all the suggestions. I already had a idea what I wanted to do next but I am always open to suggestions.

Keep on Riding!

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 02:40:11 AM »
turbines would be fun/funny