Author Topic: tried hang 5 today  (Read 3810 times)

Offline fred the noob

• FRED the noob
tried hang 5 today
« on: July 13, 2011, 07:10:59 PM »
well today i decided to stop being a wuss and try a real flatland trick ...HANG 5 .....first attempt was cary as hell and ended with me going face first over the bars (unsurprisingly) second try i figured id not push so hard ....was crap and nearly broke my as coming back down . so i came in consulted you tube and learned to walk in to it from standing and just spent an hour out there feeling the balance point and you know what ....even tho its crap me just wobbling about the yard with a foot hoping on and off the floor i, it feels like a real trick like a balance and control thing not a forced street style hang on and hope it all works kinda deal so umm yeah no real point to this post other than in chuffed and feel good and cant wait to ride again 2moro :)

Offline back2flat35

• Backpacker
Re: tried hang 5 today
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:14:55 PM »
sounds like your getting it. if your falling foward then your that much closer to getting it. once you get that balance point your set ;D

Offline letsgo

• Backpacker
    • Ketch Bikes
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:38:10 AM »
I have found that if you start by leaning over the front,  Front of your thigh against the back of the bars.  un-weight the foot on the peg and push the bars down.  Don't lurch yourself forward, it is hard to stop that momentum.  As the seat hits your butt slightly bend you knee of the leg that is standing on the peg.  Just  lower yourself a little.  That may help out.

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 03:28:18 PM »
It's an easy trick. You just have to find that spot exactly between going over the bars and ass blasting your seat. Nothing to it! ;)
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com