Author Topic: Anyone who HAS a Sickchild Metropolitan...LETS SEE EM'!(pics start on pg 4)  (Read 61254 times)

Aaron Frost

Re: For anyone who ordered a Sickchild Metropolitan...
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2007, 06:10:14 AM »
I love you Ed! My frame is the shiz nits!!! I'm proud to be running this frame! Its not very often you find a frame that suits your exact taste's, but Ed found the combo and this is it. Metropolitan all the way! I'll release some footy soon of this beast in action...so stay tuned. Take care - Aaron

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 06:32:53 AM »
I gotta say after communicating with Ed over the last several weeks I'm really stoked to have have pre-ordered this frame. Just like everyone else who pre-ordered this frame I wish to have been riding it by now. Words can't describe how much effort Ed has put into producing this frame. Just driving back in forth to the production facility in Sourthern California traffic would alone send me to the edge, and then having to communicate with everyone making sure   all the details are to spec is insane. Custom colors, custom options, and custom geo on such a low count of frames is super rare at an affordable price mind you. I'm just posting this because I really appreciate what Ed is offering us. Thank you Ed!

Ok, where is my frame? Just bs'ing. Can't wait until it arrives.  :beer: Peace, Jerry M.

LOU4130

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 01:23:41 PM »
hey Pete do i get commission for posting the pics of arrons frame and therefore prompting rmmcel2001 to buy one? haha.

Nice try Lou  ^_^

DAMN!...LOL  ^_^

just to straighten some stuff out... i have not had time to edit my website and update the details. i was hoping to have some frames in my hand already so i could post up pics and all that. anyway, here is the deal. the frames are at the paint shop. so all the people that pre-ordered need not worry. soon the frames will be on their way. basically my welder and i are hoping that all the frames will be done by friday. i was told that some were done yesterday and i am going to call to see what got painted today. keep in mind that with the custom colors, the production colors and the intrikat instrumentals that the paint shop has got to run quite a few colors.

as for the production colors i am basically running black and gray. i forget the final count of how many of each there will be but it is not that many. originally i was gonna run half clear but not all the tubing was looking so hot and it would have been a hassle to sort out tubes for the clear frames. sometimes you get lucky and all the tubing looks dope but that wasn't the case this time. all the frames get sandblasted before paint so its not an issue for colors.

so there you have it. black or gray. thats what sick child is puttin out this year. i did happen to waste 5 hours driving in traffic to pull a production model from the stacks so i could take it to voodoo. it never made it to voodoo but i am able to tell you that it weighs 4 lbs 2 ozs.

i gotta jet but if anyone has any questions hit me up at ed@sickchildbikes.com

peace
ed

All your hard work is much appreciated Ed, im super stoked on getting this frame! Makes it worth more just knowing what went into producing them, thanks Ed!

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2007, 02:35:10 PM »
The grey looks sick! Trust me, if you didnt get a custom colour but want a frame. . . the grey is f*cking tight!

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2007, 09:25:53 PM »
Oh hell yeah! My new ride!

moncho

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2007, 09:45:50 PM »
S  E  X  . :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2007, 10:27:24 PM »
That is a sexy frame.

LOU4130

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2007, 10:46:54 PM »
WOOOOOOO.. thats nice!!

Does this mean they are finally shipping!?!?

Post another pic or 2 once its built up!

:beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 10:48:25 PM by LOU4130 »

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 02:01:48 AM »
well?

LOU4130

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2007, 12:33:19 AM »
I got confirmation and a tracking number!...my frame is on its way! Delivery date................. monday! Of course im on vacation from work all next week, and thats where its goin, lol..but thats ok, ill just go there monday and get it. Im very stoked about this, and Ed said it looks sick! Im a very happy camper right now ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks Ed! :beer: :beer:

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2007, 12:59:26 AM »
They have all been shipped except one.

Peace,

Pete

LOU4130

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2007, 01:03:20 AM »

Peace,

Pete

Awesomeness. Thanks for all your help in getting any info to me that Ed couldnt, much appreciated bro!

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2007, 01:34:51 AM »

Peace,

Pete

Awesomeness. Thanks for all your help in getting any info to me that Ed couldnt, much appreciated bro!

No probs man, i just didnt want you guys thinking you had been forgotten about, Ed was (and still is) run off his feet with this project. And i know he appreciates the support!

How long before the "Post your Metro Here" thread starts? Monday?  ^_^

Later man,

Pete

LOU4130

Peace,

Pete

No probs man, i just didnt want you guys thinking you had been forgotten about, Ed was (and still is) run off his feet with this project. And i know he appreciates the support!

How long before the "Post your Metro Here" thread starts? Monday?  ^_^

Later man,

Pete

haha yea i would say monday...lol

Offline fredaubailly

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2007, 03:09:51 PM »

Yeah I know, I forgot to give ya my adress... Sorry about that...  ;D

:wacko: