Author Topic: Anyone who HAS a Sickchild Metropolitan...LETS SEE EM'!(pics start on pg 4)  (Read 61252 times)

LOU4130

Re: For anyone who ordered a Sickchild Metropolitan...
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 03:51:05 AM »
yea if i would have seen those pics before i said i wanted the anti-freeze green, i may have gotten that baby blue instead.

Unfortunately tho, the pre-orders were the only ones you can get with custom paint, brake mounts or 14mm drops. Pre-orders were over like a month ago. Whatever frames are left will be either raw/clearcoat or flat black. 3/8 (10mm) drops and no brakes. You should get one anyway tho...you can always have it powdered what ever color you want on your own. It is a badass frame and i cant wait to get it even more after seeing those pics!

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 03:53:40 AM »
not to downplay the badness of the baby blue, but antifreeze green rules them all.  ;D

Duncan

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 05:18:29 AM »
Only raw frames now?  :rolleyes:

Why?

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 08:25:39 AM »
Actually as it turns out there will be no raw frames, only if you specifed raw when pre-ordering.

Duncan

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 04:45:29 PM »
Actually as it turns out there will be no raw frames, only if you specifed raw when pre-ordering.
So what color options are there for non-preorders?

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 10:05:47 PM »
Not sure yet . . .

rmmcel2001

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 10:24:33 PM »
I just put in for one of the "Baby Blue" ones but Im curious to see the colors available. Might switch. we will see. Im not too concerned because they are kick ass any how.

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 11:39:10 PM »
I just put in for one of the "Baby Blue" ones but Im curious to see the colors available. Might switch. we will see. Im not too concerned because they are kick ass any how.

Be sure what you ordered is what you want, because when you pre-order Ed gets em all sprayed individually and if you change your mind he is stuck with a frame the colour you originally wanted. You know?
Makes life way easier for him. He is really busting his ass on this project for flatland! You have no idea the work and travel he has to do to get these done.

Glad to hear you have ordered one though, **** is gona be so dope!  :wacko:

Pete

LOU4130

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 01:09:52 AM »
hey Pete do i get commission for posting the pics of arrons frame and therefore prompting rmmcel2001 to buy one? haha.

moncho

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 01:33:21 AM »
hey Pete do i get commission for posting the pics of arrons frame and therefore prompting rmmcel2001 to buy one? haha.

You get a free set of Goodtimes bars! :ph34r:

rmmcel2001

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 01:33:45 AM »
I understand, the blue is what im really wanting but we have been comunicating

rmmcel2001

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 01:35:45 AM »
Pre ordering is over anyways though, These are going to be the production. right?

rmmcel2001

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 01:47:13 AM »
I wish I jumped in on the pre order because I definatley would have gotten antifreeze green or that candy blue

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 02:07:59 AM »

Nice try Lou  ^_^

Offline sickchildbikes

• Company
  • Funky Chicken
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007, 03:00:36 AM »
just to straighten some stuff out... i have not had time to edit my website and update the details. i was hoping to have some frames in my hand already so i could post up pics and all that. anyway, here is the deal. the frames are at the paint shop. so all the people that pre-ordered need not worry. soon the frames will be on their way. basically my welder and i are hoping that all the frames will be done by friday. i was told that some were done yesterday and i am going to call to see what got painted today. keep in mind that with the custom colors, the production colors and the intrikat instrumentals that the paint shop has got to run quite a few colors.

as for the production colors i am basically running black and gray. i forget the final count of how many of each there will be but it is not that many. originally i was gonna run half clear but not all the tubing was looking so hot and it would have been a hassle to sort out tubes for the clear frames. sometimes you get lucky and all the tubing looks dope but that wasn't the case this time. all the frames get sandblasted before paint so its not an issue for colors.

so there you have it. black or gray. thats what sick child is puttin out this year. i did happen to waste 5 hours driving in traffic to pull a production model from the stacks so i could take it to voodoo. it never made it to voodoo but i am able to tell you that it weighs 4 lbs 2 ozs.

i gotta jet but if anyone has any questions hit me up at ed@sickchildbikes.com

peace
ed