Author Topic: KHE wheel or not?  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Hoya

• Cliffhanger
KHE wheel or not?
« on: May 27, 2011, 04:34:06 PM »
Recenetly I bought a really cheap front wheel from a local equivalent to Ebay. It's a complete wheel with a KHE Lamello tyre. The seller sold it as a "KHE front wheel" but I think I might've been had on this one.

I received the wheel today and sure enough there's a KHE tyre on it but the rim (and the rest of the wheel) looks really cheap to me. It doesnt say much on it except "HCJ 20x1.74 Taiwan". Call me judgemental but that doesn't scream out quality and worksmanship to me.

So, I'm basically wondering if this actually IS a wheel from a KHE complete or at least sold by KHE? Mister Google didn't help much either.

I could post a photo but it won't do much. It's a chromed rim, 14mm, 48 spokes (I think).

Anyways, I got a really cheap good tyre so the wheel is more like a bonus but I'm still curious and I wan't some info before telling the seller off a bit. Ooh, and good to be back, it's been a while.

byke

Re: KHE wheel or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 04:49:58 PM »
KHE produce or at least did produce bikes for other companies in the past (not sure nowadays) and would get lots of generic cheaper parts going through it's production line for itself or other brands it built bikes for .... So it sounds like a cheap wheel from a complete bike like a cheap KHE or Titus bike.

Offline Hoya

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »
KHE produce or at least did produce bikes for other companies in the past (not sure nowadays) and would get lots of generic cheaper parts going through it's production line for itself or other brands it built bikes for .... So it sounds like a cheap wheel from a complete bike like a cheap KHE or Titus bike.

Thanks alot for the quick answer. I just found it weird that the rim was chromed, never seen that on an AM bike. Least not from KHE. But again, thanks. ^_^

byke

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 04:56:57 PM »
The rim is most probably steel.
Unless it's a really nice looking wheel.

Offline Hoya

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 06:11:55 PM »
The rim is most probably steel.
Unless it's a really nice looking wheel.

Now you say it, yes of course it is. My bad, haha. Thanks again for the answers and like I said, a good tyre for some 5 bucks. That's ok with me.