Author Topic: Haro La Bastille complete bike  (Read 526 times)

Offline ActuallyLastPlace

Haro La Bastille complete bike
« on: March 04, 2024, 08:33:13 PM »
Hi everyone. Looking to get a new flatland complete. I rode in my teens and early 20s 15+ years ago and would like to get going again. Budget is $600 - $900. I was thinking about getting La Bastille. The complete seen here: https://harobikes.com/products/la-bastille (I'd get it through my local shop but that same bike). I'm around 6' 2" tall, so some people might suggest a bike with a longer TT but my old frame was 19" (WTP Pony) and it worked fine for me. (I am the same height now as I was when I stopped riding). I will be using the bike for flatland only. I will need to get a front brake and gyro but I might be able to take the ones off an old bike stashed at my mom's house (unless she trashed it lol). I'm also unsure about using tires that thick -- 2.4". I had 1.95 tires on my old bike and I thought those were big. But I'm curious to give them a try and will replace them down the road.

But anyway, what do you think about this complete? Frame seems to have the geometry and weight I'd want, so I'm less concerned about that, but I don't really know anything about the other components.

The other complete I was looking into is the WTP Sinus. It's pricier but it comes with front brake/gyro and has thinner tires. It also might be harder for my shop to get one. I also figure it makes sense to go with La Bastille's 19.5" TT versus the Sinus' 19", since I'm tall. I know I can manage with a 19" since I've used one before, but I figure might as well go with the one that's a little bit longer.

Offline 89schwinnsting

• Backpacker
Re: Haro La Bastille complete bike
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 09:47:04 PM »
Well, the stock components aren't the best, but they'll do starting out. You'll probably end up switching out for different parts as you progress and figure out your riding style again.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 07:26:30 AM by khe killah »

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 10:07:53 PM »
Yeah, that makes sense. that's sort of what I'm thinking too. Rather get the bike asap and start riding rather than keep doing research forever online because i'm worried about getting ideal parts. I just figured I'd ask the folks here before pulling the trigger

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 08:16:40 PM »
yeah get that Haro complete...i'm pretty sure Matthias rides a 2.1 or 2.25 tire on his
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 10:51:08 PM »

humm there are no brake mounts on the frame and the fork

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 04:58:12 AM »

humm there are no brake mounts on the frame and the fork

Oh damn. You're right. I also realized the complete doesn't come with pegs either, so that would add to the cost too. Hmmm. I think I might end up needing to get that Colony Exon flatland kit and then getting a frame separately. Either that or I try to just wait and see if the Sinus complete will be available again soon.

Offline FlatSociety

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
    • FlatSociety
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2024, 01:30:56 PM »
Hi, I just saw your post regarding a complete build. My Shop offers a build kit that allows you to mix & match  different frame options to a Colony Flatland Kit. The kits start at $589.99 & include everything you need to get started. Check it out here: https://flatsocietybmx.com/collections/bikes/products/colony-exon-flatland-bmx-bike-build-kit

Offline Jp81

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2024, 01:48:43 AM »
I bought my Bastille as a frame only and built it up to my liking. My frame came with brake mounts so I'm not sure why the one in the link doesn't show it. I went with the 19.5'' TT, I'm 6'1' myself. I'm very happy with it so far, defenitally rides different than the midschool stuff I was used to.

Offline eightyfivegt

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 11:44:10 AM »
Nice!  Time to post a “bike check”?