Author Topic: Sponsors you reject?  (Read 17496 times)

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Sponsors you reject?
« on: May 13, 2011, 09:25:42 PM »
Wanted to ask you guys -
what are the sponsors (that could seriously sponsor flatland) you would reject if they offered you a sponsorship?

What are your principles which don't allow to take something that you disagree with?

From my point of view:

Today I got offered to do a show for Monster energy event. They're like coming in with their production in Latvia, so they need someone to support and do shows for them..

Well, you know that's a good offer, like stuff, money, trips, but I turned it down because I know how much children on social networks and on real life look up to me, so that would be pretty bad if I said that I'm into healthy lifestyle meanwhile being sponsored by energy drinks. That's just against principles..

Kinda felt that I needed to say it to others..If you stand ground for the sake of your health and others, then you know, you have my deep respect.

Peace.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Sponsors you reject?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 10:25:57 PM »
I can't think of an organization or company other than Monster or Redbull that seriously sponsors flatland in the first place and I'd have no problem taking money from either of them regardless of how many children get the jitters from their drinks.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 10:32:08 PM »
Well, you know that's a good offer, like stuff, money, trips, but I turned it down because I know how much children on social networks and on real life look up to me,

aahaha cheers man this thread is hilarious 10/10 would be trolled again.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

tubby

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:26:57 AM »
Wanted to ask you guys -
what are the sponsors (that could seriously sponsor flatland) you would reject if they offered you a sponsorship?

What are your principles which don't allow to take something that you disagree with?

From my point of view:

Today I got offered to do a show for Monster energy event. They're like coming in with their production in Latvia, so they need someone to support and do shows for them..

Well, you know that's a good offer, like stuff, money, trips, but I turned it down because I know how much children on social networks and on real life look up to me, so that would be pretty bad if I said that I'm into healthy lifestyle meanwhile being sponsored by energy drinks. That's just against principles..

Kinda felt that I needed to say it to others..If you stand ground for the sake of your health and others, then you know, you have my deep respect.

Peace.

PROTIP: No one cares what you do .

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 12:40:31 AM »
"I know how much children on social networks and on real life look up to me,"  I can't tell if your being foreal or not. 

Offline crabbypaddy

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 03:28:30 AM »
when i was 7 i played a chess game which decided who was the best in our primary school club. We got up to the point where if i took his castle it wouldve been a draw because we'd only have our kings left. but instead of taking his rook i moved my king to the right haha...

he won.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »
"I know how much children on social networks and on real life look up to me,"  I can't tell if your being foreal or not. 

If you have done flatland in a talent show, did a lot of shows in schools, sport events, then you would understand.

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 08:44:32 AM »
when i was 7 i played a chess game which decided who was the best in our primary school club. We got up to the point where if i took his castle it wouldve been a draw because we'd only have our kings left. but instead of taking his rook i moved my king to the right haha...

he won.

1)e4

Offline Dustyn@Chemnitz

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 09:30:36 AM »
Wanted to ask you guys -

From my point of view:

Peace.

Respect!

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 10:02:01 AM »
Wanted to ask you guys -

From my point of view:

Peace.

Respect for that!

I don't think I would reject any sponsors. i need stuff, i dont care where I get it from as long as these companies dont murder innocent people or animals.

Offline manu

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 10:27:34 AM »
Not an easy topic; should energy drink company be held responsible for "overdose"?
I think it's all good as long as they give a transparent indication of what's inside, pass all the health tests and don't use clandestine marketing practises.
I mean if alcohol is legal so should this be. (maybe an age restriction?)
You stand by your principles and I applaud that, as a vegetarian I turned down a couple of jobs in meat processing plants.
Food for thought for sure.

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 07:31:38 PM »
"I know how much children on social networks and on real life look up to me,"  I can't tell if your being foreal or not.  

If you have done flatland in a talent show, did a lot of shows in schools, sport events, then you would understand.

Ok u were being foreal. In that case lol
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:33:33 PM by blind »

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 07:37:57 PM »
Ok u were being foreal. In that case lol

Pralex likes this.

Offline Richi@Bremerhaven

• Cliffhanger
  • 1Champ BMX Mailorder
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »
Hey Davis!
I am a kid, i look up to you!
I don't like Monster Energy...
It would Be cool for me and all other Kids that Look up to you, if you would have agreed with Monster Energy, Cause we Could See you doing more tricks, maybe you would create a
MONSTER FLIP ;)
If they ask u again, please agree!
1Champ BMX Mailorder

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 10:42:25 AM »
Wanted to ask you guys -

From my point of view:

Peace.

Don't worry about what others think. Also anyone who looks up to you will be the first to strike you down. Going by your own thought, word and action is far more honorable. This you will take to your grave, not some fleeting memories or trinkets. Its easier to be sheep than stand alone on things that really matter to oneself. The worst that could happen is becoming a slave to your sponsors and supporters, to the point of losing one self.

There are sponsors that do provide healthy drinks/alternatives. Aim for higher, its there.

I turned down two huge sponsors. One out of choice, another not so.

More than anything you'll learn about yourself in this process, even if it means down the road you end up changing your mind/vision towards certain sponsors. You'll learn to play the game.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:15:25 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE