Author Topic: Zion focus frame .....  (Read 2418 times)

byke

Zion focus frame .....
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:06:11 AM »
Just a quick question :

Who here rides the new zion focus frame?
How long have you ridden it?

The reason for the 2 previous questions is because i am really curious to know how those new taper lock dropouts are working, since they have been put on in backwards.

Has there been any problems or areas of improment that you think coukd be improved with these dropouts? Is the instalation of the wheel as easy to assemble as a normal frame? Or is it a little bit more fidly aligningnit up? Do you think normal dropouts would be better?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:10:28 AM by byke »

byke

Re: Zion focus frame .....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 09:14:20 AM »
No one?

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 02:35:58 PM »
I have been riding one since they first hit ff the taper locks work really well,no movement what so ever,put them on pull your wheel back were you want it in my case i use a rubber handled hammer and pry it tight lock down the pegs and it feels like i have a chain tensioner on it,it very much so is the sh*t bro!!!!

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 02:43:24 PM »
As for the drop outs I think every thing about it is gold pure 14kt, I wish people could ride mine they would understand I will be at the Indy battle of the bricks if any one is interested in taking it for a spin,I hope the weight isnt scaring people away its not heavy fully assembled,best bike by far I personally ever owned, BOUT f*ckING TIME!!!!! Thanks again ZION Mislav and Sam Foakes are the sh*t for taking the time to get it right.

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »
That is mine on post bike pics page 423 dayglow sunburst focus that I had pimped out,I'm color blind and practice on a very busy street I do not want to be hit by jack asses doing 80 down the street since they think my street is a drag strip I want them to see me when they cut the corner lol " and they do" and people come up to me and ask what im doing so im spredding the flatland word as well getting more and more younger kids involved too im trying ya'll.

byke

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 04:00:47 PM »
Can i ask why you use a rubber hammer?
Also, how is it to center tge wheel?

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 04:19:51 PM »
What is it w/companies selling Black Frames?I tough this Focus was gonna come out in Blue?No offence to anyone,im just tired of having Black frames...this includes the one i recently ride.:rolleyes:Zion,nice job on design!:beer:
One Last Ride.

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 06:13:16 PM »
Can i ask why you use a rubber hammer?
Also, how is it to center tge wheel?
just use it so i dont scratch up paint,I turn bike upside down and use hammer in triangle to pry on wheel to get chain nice and tight thats why i use it.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »
]just use it so i dont scratch up paint,I turn bike upside down and use hammer in triangle to pry on wheel to get chain nice and tight thats why i use it.
dont understand why? doesnt wheel move freely until u tightened it?

Offline BmxXriderX06

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 08:25:29 PM »
]just use it so i dont scratch up paint,I turn bike upside down and use hammer in triangle to pry on wheel to get chain nice and tight thats why i use it.
dont understand why? doesnt wheel move freely until u tightened it?

he likes his chain tight and the tapper lock isn't a chain tensioner only acts as one as you tighten it to lock back wheel down

So he uses the rubber handle on the hammer to pry back the back wheel to put tension on the chain.