Author Topic: Voodoo Jam 2007: Final Pro Battle  (Read 15516 times)

Offline Levi

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
Re: Voodoo Jam 2007: Final Pro Battle
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 03:00:14 PM »

Gotta go find my red running shorts. See ya!

please!!!!!!!

don't show pics

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 03:07:12 PM »
Great contest! Some random thoughts. Will Redd has some original tricks, props for qualifying. Wilhelm was incredible, had that 5 sec rule not messed his last link up I think the results may have been different. York, Hiro, Matt and Mathias were riding super fast. Mike S probably should have won his battle, def not to take anything away from Raphael who is amazing. I'm forever scarred for seeing mathias running around the hotel in nothing but his underwear.
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »
Seriously though, we gotta talk about the setup, atmosphere, etc. of the venue.  From just watching the video, it looked insanely cool.  Two levels of people right next to the floor, lots of spectators really getting into it, DJ laying down some old-school beats, the other riders right there egging the competitors on... damn.  Was it as awesome to behold in person as it is on the vid?

Big, big props to Scott O'Brien and everyone else who put this thing on.  I'm dying to see the rest of the footage.

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2007, 06:59:45 PM »
To each his own.....

Mattias did great.  No question.  But...again...it's all spinning front wheel, all the time.  Yes it's hard to put your feet and hands in all the different positions and variations.  But, his run lacked much balance where Terry didn't spend his whole run just doing fast front wheel variations and pulled some big, very hard tricks.  Hyper fast?  No.  Super difficult AND balanced?  Yes.  I don't think that speed and quantity should necessary rule over balance and shear difficulty.

I completely disagree with you man. modern flatland routines, particularly in a pro-level contest (not a bike show) require speed and variations and F L O W. Terry looked more like he was on a tv show. besides, you're implying that Mathias 50 tricks were not as difficult as Terry's 3 tricks???   can you imagine Hiro or Vicky or Justin doing only 4 big tricks in a battle??  are their tricks less difficut than Terry's voodo runs?

Finally, as I said before, this is nothing against Terry. I am merely pointing out that Mathias and other riders were on a way more advance competing level and hence I'm stranged that he made it to the finals.  BTW, I'm sure that if Terry wanted to be in this next level with more flow, variations and more complete routines he could do it.

word

K

Offline Amahl Abdul-Khaliq

• Backpacker
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 07:06:51 PM »
The vibe of the contest was so unreal, you just had to be there.

?uest

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 07:11:01 PM »
Ok what is up with rapheals pants. He walked on screen and ruined the battle for me.

man only if he had on this. his outfit would have been totally rad

planck

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 10:08:54 PM »
Here's hoping that vid makes it to YouTube, or another is released someplace else. That freecaster site craps on me  :angry:

Si.

Offline Kev

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Did you see what I said?
    • Virtual Flatland instructor
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 10:38:48 PM »
I'm uploading the Global-Flat version now....it should be up shortly as should all the photos from the AM and PROs.  Enjoy everyone.

-Kev

Offline Kev

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Did you see what I said?
    • Virtual Flatland instructor
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 11:47:46 PM »
Ummmmm yeah...:

http://www.global-flat.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=285&pos=71

Tyler, whaaaaaaat!  You're the man, bro.....keep up the great riding.

I hope you guys like the vid, it's great except for Scott being a camera magnet :)

Enjoy boyeeees.....

-Kev

bloody flat

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2007, 12:32:03 AM »
Very thanks for the video....but why only final battle?i wnana see the rest too  :angry:

norcalmutt

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 01:25:20 AM »
ha ha a girl cop it looks like trying out the flatland bike
heya thats cool tj
come on and look at the girl in the top
whoaweeeeeee
ok so ill stop drolling over myself now
sorry
lates

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 01:41:46 AM »
"You might be afraid to wear those shorts, but he's not."
-Scott Obrien

Seriously though, we gotta talk about the setup, atmosphere, etc. of the venue.  From just watching the video, it looked insanely cool.  Two levels of people right next to the floor, lots of spectators really getting into it, DJ laying down some old-school beats, the other riders right there egging the competitors on... damn.  Was it as awesome to behold in person as it is on the vid?

Big, big props to Scott O'Brien and everyone else who put this thing on.  I'm dying to see the rest of the footage.

It's better in person. Voodoo Jam is a contest you have to experience to really understand. The whole weekend was cold, cold, cold. Efraim knows what I'm talking about.

Offline DLSJ_BermudaRider

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2007, 01:53:21 AM »
What frame is Mattias riding?

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2007, 03:41:57 AM »
I completely disagree with you man. modern flatland routines, particularly in a pro-level contest (not a bike show) require speed and variations and F L O W.

Who demands it?  I want names and phone numbers, STAT!

...I don't demand it, for one.  :P

Terry looked more like he was on a tv show. besides, you're implying that Mathias 50 tricks were not as difficult as Terry's 3 tricks???   can you imagine Hiro or Vicky or Justin doing only 4 big tricks in a battle??  are their tricks less difficut than Terry's voodo runs?

I didn't mean to imply that.  I'd simply rather have fewer tricks balanced between the front wheel than 130 variations of a hitchhiker and steamroller in 10 seconds, with lots of repetition.  Actualy, I wish both guys would have cut some of the repetitive stuff out.  I'd rather have seen Mathias do scuffing backyard than another hitchhiker, which he seemed to start every run with.  Same with Terry and his rear to front jumps.