Author Topic: Game of Skills: Final Battle - Matthias vs Adam  (Read 9410 times)

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker
Re: Game of Skills: Final Battle - Matthias vs Adam
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 08:52:56 AM »
As i wrote earlier, fact is they both touched 6 times.

Adam was more consistent on his regular classic run, and tried 3 times his crazy whip without success. So he was less consistent on his "bomb" tricks than Matthias was...That makes some kind of balance, to me...Please correct me if i am wrong, i might be...

Anyway i personnaly don't care who won, they're both sooooooo good at what they do, i love watching both theses guys ride in their own styles. They both deserve our admiration and respect ;) well may be that's a bit too much said this way but you know what i mean....

+1 

totally agree.

It's a very tight decision and lets all not forget, that there were an EQUAL situation last year at the BMX masters, where Adam took the win!

I don't think he has been treated unfair. Maybe you are all just to used to seeing matthias' combos, that the assumption comes up, he always does the same tricks

Offline fuchsjunge

• Backpacker
  • Tu es!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 01:14:22 PM »
Flatland ist nearly unjudgeable. For me it would be a personal decision...

About Matthias. I´m kind of disappointed about his changes in riding. Back in the days he was SUCH a trickmachine. Pulled so much very hard stuff! The "Odyssey's Happy New Year Edit" was at least fun to watch but edits like "Hyperspeed Johnny n The Destruction Kid" are also today my biggest inspiration and motivation. Just 100% Newschool Flatland of two very talanted, young riders.
The tricks he show nowadays are maybe 5% of what is able to do for sure! Miss the old times.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 06:20:49 PM »

About Matthias. I´m kind of disappointed about his changes in riding. Back in the days he was SUCH a trickmachine. Pulled so much very hard stuff! The "Odyssey's Happy New Year Edit" was at least fun to watch but edits like "Hyperspeed Johnny n The Destruction Kid" are also today my biggest inspiration and motivation. Just 100% Newschool Flatland of two very talanted, young riders.
The tricks he show nowadays are maybe 5% of what is able to do for sure! Miss the old times.

The problem is is that we have an expectation of Matthias's learning curve, which works on the assumption that our minds will be blown with every edit. If you look at his edits from the perspective of "well I've never seen him ride before" then yeah, his edits are incredible. He's still doing tricks at a higher level than he was back in 2008 when that Hyperspeed Johnny edit came out, but it's just hard to see because we were so amazed at those first edits that it's hard to be as surprised as we once were.

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 07:22:14 PM »

The problem is is that we have an expectation of Matthias's learning curve, which works on the assumption that our minds will be blown with every edit. If you look at his edits from the perspective of "well I've never seen him ride before" then yeah, his edits are incredible. He's still doing tricks at a higher level than he was back in 2008 when that Hyperspeed Johnny edit came out, but it's just hard to see because we were so amazed at those first edits that it's hard to be as surprised as we once were.

too add The Hyperspeed movie was so much longer than most of the edits that matthias and adam put out after that. I think what we all were most amazed at were the amount of different tricks exhibited in that video. but he's just showing us the new stuff to add to that...look at the tricks both adam and matthias have learned over the past year. crazy!