Author Topic: New Red Bull edit: Matthias Dandois - No more frontier Flat vs Street  (Read 28320 times)

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
Re: New Red Bull edit: Matthias Dandois - No more frontier Flat vs Street
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2011, 08:57:09 PM »
C'mon guys.

agree to disagree      :wub:
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2011, 03:26:35 AM »
Its hard to completely depict what you are trying to convey with your tricks since its written. When I'm reading them, I might have a different video playing in my mind than what you're talking about. I was referring to land escape A and B mainly.

Like I've said twice now, you don't know originality, and it seems you don't know flatland either. You told me I needed to have some original tricks to speak on it, which I do, then you went on to try and say it's all been done before. Sorry, no.

What's rude, uncalled for, and flat out wrong is when you make ignorant assumptions about me in the first place which is what has led us up to this point of the argument -- maybe you should have quit while you were ahead.

You're right, giving you the benefit of the doubt was an ignorant assumption.

I wasn't trying to be a dick when I said that its hard to depict what you are speaking of because when you tell someone what a link is in words my imagination can think of a few things that each one of them might be since there are so many possibilities -- doesn't that make sense to you? I mean flatland is a bit complex and words don't do the sport justice.

How did you give me a benefit of the doubt? I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. I can recall that other people have said you've made ignorant assumptions about them as well so I don't assume that I'm the first one. Maybe you're just pissed because I can think of many people who have invented certain tricks/links that Matthias is doing.

You're assuming that I came on here to belittle someone and that's not the case at all.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2011, 03:54:35 AM »
I wasn't trying to be a dick when I said that its hard to depict what you are speaking of because when you tell someone what a link is in words my imagination can think of a few things that each one of them might be since there are so many possibilities -- doesn't that make sense to you? I mean flatland is a bit complex and words don't do the sport justice.

If you don't know, then don't talk as if you do. You asked if I did anything original and I said yes and cited examples, you in turn came back with "well Jorge did most of that in 2002". Sorry but yeah, you kind of were being a dick even if you somehow don't see it as such. I can show you what I've done on video if you're going to persist in saying I've somehow never done anything of my own.

How did you give me a benefit of the doubt? I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. I can recall that other people have said you've made ignorant assumptions about them as well so I don't assume that I'm the first one. Maybe you're just pissed because I can think of many people who have invented certain tricks/links that Matthias is doing.

No, I'm pissed because you're making really weird generalizations about peoples riding, then trying to steal their thunder on very strange technicalities. Steamroller jump through the frame boomerang to inside halfpacker (which I have never seen anyone else even come CLOSE to doing) is somehow is not original yet somehow a pedal megaspin is....? What? That makes zero sense to me.

You're assuming that I came on here to belittle someone and that's not the case at all.

It might not be your intention, but it's what you're doing whether you realize it or not.

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2011, 04:36:37 AM »
The only reason I even asked about your tricks was because you said I know nothing about originality and that is also false.

His pedal megaspin is turbined brakeless and I've seen no one else do it.

Matthias's steam jump through frame to halfpacker boomerang to inside halfpacker are two already invented links done in quick succession and almost appears as one single link.

He has invented some tricks, but not as many as others have. I want to be perfectly clear here and re-state that Matthias is a dope rider nonetheless. He is also probably the most consistent rider I have ever seen (at least on par with Trevor Meyer).

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2011, 04:49:04 AM »
Only thing of value in this thread is the videos. Topic locked.