Author Topic: New Red Bull edit: Matthias Dandois - No more frontier Flat vs Street  (Read 28328 times)

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
Re: New Red Bull edit: Matthias Dandois - No more frontier Flat vs Street
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 11:24:40 PM »
that was one hell of an edit! his flow is incredible.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 12:27:41 AM »
I am not sayin he cant ride, jus sayin it's all been done before..
i don't think people arent saying that some of his stuff hasnt been done before,but these tricks all to be in one person.Is a different subject I believe.

I want to point out that Matthias did all of this brakeless too, whereas Standard Country everyone used brakes.
11 years ago...and not ALL of it was with brakes.... The point was that it has been done..you want brakeless examples...Cory Jarmin...... hell even degroot does this kind of stuff on the Miracle Boy vid..Look at what Macchio is doin/has done...Because he's a pro doin what has been done it's somehow cooler or he is THEE originator? I simply said it's just not that cool is all..never said he cant ride, wow Tod, U MAD BRO?  with the reference to SBC, Ratboy did ALL of this BRAKELESS and WITHOUT THE HELP OF A FREECOASTER.. ;D

Offline clone0001

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 04:33:54 AM »
^ 'tard

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 05:39:35 AM »
Even if a hater like Juggarnaut wanted to claim that Matthias is no big deal because he's not "originating" on street and comparable stuff was being done back in the days of Standard Country, the argument fails because no one in that video also dominated pro flatland at the same time, on an international level no less. I love Ratboy's riding tons, but it's not like he or anyone else Juggs has fond memories of was traveling around the world and blowing up pro flatland.
Keep trying to turn back that bmx clock though, Juggs. We wouldn't want to deny you your purpose in life.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 12:38:59 PM »
Collier..ring a bell? Osicka.. yeah, they didn't count.Ya'll can't deny we've seen all that flat stuff from every comp, edit and video part from him for the last 2 years..and AGAIN, for the non readers on here..I never said he couldn't ride. He has skills, it's just nothing new is all.. your name calling is only perpetuating the negitivity that is trying to be extinguished around here.. you can lie to everyone on here, but ya can't lie to yourselves.;D
 zoffy,  just because he's the dominating rider these days, that makes it all better than whats BEEN DONE? to bite and do the same ol' tricks that were done at least 11 years ago... c'mon,
 no logic there. doin a flat manuever "on the street" , doesn't make you Street. Refer to Keiths T-shirt design.  Garret Byrnes does most,if not all of this...Brad Simms ect... If you can't have a decent discussion about this and have to resort to name calling , have fun, I said all I have to say. ;D

Offline morgan

• Team
  • Backpacker
  • Old fool on an old tool
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 01:33:34 PM »
Well, I liked it, and love the way the lines are getting blurred in riding these days.  Remember, everything is cyclical, so flat coming 'back' is just nature's way!
More off than on, but still loving it! Flatland until you can't!

Offline Nails

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 02:18:31 PM »
juggs please post a video of someone riding that looks as cool as he does in this video?

He makes it look so good, thats why I enjoy watching him
still learning

Offline fit.

• Hitchhiker
    • http://petr.vaverka.net
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »
nice

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 03:47:13 PM »
Is it OK to like Standard Country and this?  Just checking.

Offline paulophilippines

• Hitchhiker
  • no comment
    • http://www.precision-products.info
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 05:00:55 PM »
hey i cant watch the video..  :angry: does anyone know if its available on vimeo or youtube? thanks.  ;D

Lee

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 05:25:25 PM »
Collier..ring a bell? Osicka.. yeah, they didn't count.Ya'll can't deny we've seen all that flat stuff from every comp, edit and video part from him for the last 2 years..and AGAIN, for the non readers on here..I never said he couldn't ride. He has skills, it's just nothing new is all.. your name calling is only perpetuating the negitivity that is trying to be extinguished around here.. you can lie to everyone on here, but ya can't lie to yourselves.;D
 zoffy,  just because he's the dominating rider these days, that makes it all better than whats BEEN DONE? to bite and do the same ol' tricks that were done at least 11 years ago... c'mon,
 no logic there. doin a flat manuever "on the street" , doesn't make you Street. Refer to Keiths T-shirt design.  Garret Byrnes does most,if not all of this...Brad Simms ect... If you can't have a decent discussion about this and have to resort to name calling , have fun, I said all I have to say. ;D

you left out RL Osborn.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »

you left out RL Osborn.

You're not breaking any new ground with the "stuff's been done" argument, Juggarnaut. I love Standard Country as much as anyone, but if anyone in that vid was destroying the flatland world and doing anything remotely close to this, I'm sure we'd all agree with you. Collier and Osicka are awesome, but neither accomplished what M.D. has in flat despite their skills. I know all about the same riders you do but none of those guys were/are at the very top of pro flat and doing what Matthias is doing in this edit. Put in perspective also that he has only been experimenting with street up until very recently while all the folks I'm sure you're thinking of had more time in on it then he did. If you want to talk negativity, then how negative is it to come on here, flat out call someone out for not being "original" on something he doesn't even specialize in, then say stuff like "U MAD BRO" to Tod? That'd be like someone watching an edit of Catfish and saying his flat skills are played out rather then appreciating the skill for what it is (awesome). A discussion would've been great if anything you're trying to put on this edit had any merit and wasn't put up simply for knocking what's going on in bmx in the present. I'm with you on enjoying all the riders you've brought up in your posts, but I don't agree with the way your coming at this edit.
I'm also almost positive that everyone on GF is dying way more to see a clip of you actually ride then they are to see another Matthias edit.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 08:40:10 PM »
f*cking dope edit!  Awesome.

The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline Suelo sam

• Forkglider
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »
I would like to see him linking more flatland stuff up on the street, he definitely has the potential to do it.

Kid needs to learn how to barspin. Then some of those hop to manny combos will look dope on the street