Author Topic: Do you...?  (Read 5006 times)

Offline black aspirin

• Backpacker
Do you...?
« on: November 26, 2010, 04:22:00 AM »
1.  Look forward when rolling forward, or down over the pegs?  I'm an over-the-pegs guy.
2.  Place your peg foot up against the fork naturally (I realize if you're planning to pivot, you may not do it in those instances)?  I normally do, but have actually felt more comfortable in a few tricks lately by not wedging it against the fork.

I don't know why that just occurred to me, either.  Humor me.

Offline TheGingerKid

• Funky Chicken
Re: Do you...?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 07:31:43 AM »
2.  Place your peg foot up against the fork naturally (I realize if you're planning to pivot, you may not do it in those instances)?  I normally do, but have actually felt more comfortable in a few tricks lately by not wedging it against the fork.

*is that why I can't do stubbleducks? hmmm this maybe as revolutionary to me as the time I was taught to stand the very front of my foot on the peg not the center of my foot.

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 02:24:24 PM »
Force yourself to learn to look forward. I find it helps a lot in terms of smoothness. If you're looking down at your foot and seeing the wheel and forks move around, you're probably making a lot of unnecessary balance adjustments. It feels weird at first but much better once you get the hang of it.

I hear ya on the foot thing though- I tend to be a wedger because I can't pivot sh*t, but it seems like a much more helpful thing to learn tricks in a way that won't limit your further progression. Like, if I have my foot all locked in there between the peg and fork or peg and frame, I'll have to kind of re-learn how to balance that stuff when I get better and actually want to learn pivot stuff.
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 04:04:27 PM »
 I've tried doing hang 5's (which are totally dialed) with my eye's closed and it wasn't happening at all.  Thought that was interesting and then I found this article the other day. It never really occured to me how important visual references are..

http://www.newser.com/story/105903/humans-cant-walk-straight-scientists.html
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 04:06:01 PM by 5hane 2.0 »
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 04:23:12 PM »
1. I watch on the front tire and in some tricks bit forward than that. it's natural.

2. mostly against the fork. it's comfortable and gives a lock for the trick.. turbines seem to work both ways, but puting the foot near the fork gives more control. it's like pedal tricks, where you rest your foot against the crank, otherwise it's harder.

haven't tried pumping with foot off the fork, it doesn't seem comfortable.

I hear ya on the foot thing though- I tend to be a wedger because I can't pivot sh*t, but it seems like a much more helpful thing to learn tricks in a way that won't limit your further progression. Like, if I have my foot all locked in there between the peg and fork or peg and frame, I'll have to kind of re-learn how to balance that stuff when I get better and actually want to learn pivot stuff.

disagree. nothing to re-learn. balance is just balance, you have to dial the trick anyway. the better you get at pivoting, the relaxed your foot feel & you don't think much about the position.

cee el p

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 07:53:54 PM »
I look around for terrorists.

Offline black aspirin

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 10:26:39 PM »
Trolling troll is gonna troll.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 11:15:56 PM »
dunno i have my japanese headband over my eyes cant see sh*t most of the time.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

cee el p

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 11:19:07 PM »
There was this one time i got a puncture and it sounded like a terrorist bomb so the police beat me to the ground to protect me from myself and terrorists then the government banned everyone from leaving houses and created 8 new taxes but its cool cus its all for my safety they care man they care , terrorists are everywhere treat your tyres with suspicion and caution .

Offline AJ 1

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »
Terrorists are everywhere? Hehehe! Only if you're in USA.

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »
Terrorists are everywhere? Hehehe! Only if you're in USA.
Lies.

I can't count how many buses went poof here

live in a bubble much?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:50:29 PM by DaviD (dave0) »