Author Topic: Flatland Fuel Needs a Wish List  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
Flatland Fuel Needs a Wish List
« on: November 25, 2010, 11:50:32 PM »
If flatland fuel has this I would totally be making a list. I think it would give some guys something to look towards like "I need to mow x amount of lawns to get whats on this list."

Plus the data would be useful to FF because they could see what we are "wishing" for and know what people are interested in. They could make some good educated decisions on buying with that info.

Thoughts?
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Flatland Fuel Needs a Wish List
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 12:20:17 AM »
Its been on our want list of ideas for the next version of our website for a while. It will happen in 2011.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 12:30:52 AM »
along with that add sort by weight option?

will make navigation even easier

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 12:47:14 AM »
Cool Patrick!

Although it will be dangerous for me, I'm very happy supporting you by buying as much as I can from you. Gotta do my part to make sure you're around for years to come.

David, I thought of that too. Glad I''m not the only one. Also thought it might be cool to be able to limit your view. For instance I only want to see hubs available in white, that kind of thing.

Then again I just noticed the site runs on ASP. As a web developer, you have my condolences. ;)

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 12:54:08 AM »
I hope though that with the additional features added in 2011 it won't require to send proof of credit card ownership again  :P

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 02:29:13 PM »

I don't like that so much as it will push people into prioritising by weight even further which is a direction we should be heading away from.

It will convince companies that machining more material off parts every year is an upgrade when its usually a downgrade. We should focus on the strongest, most proven parts, not the lightest.....

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 03:31:12 PM »

I don't like that so much as it will push people into prioritising by weight even further which is a direction we should be heading away from.

It will convince companies that machining more material off parts every year is an upgrade when its usually a downgrade. We should focus on the strongest, most proven parts, not the lightest.....
well i personally would do sort weight by descending  ;D

5lbs frames ftw!

Offline Ginman

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 04:31:07 AM »

true!... midweight stuff are the best..they dont brake at all..
..the lightest ones made of titanium are an exception.. :mellow:

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 05:07:31 AM »
weight will not be a criteria for which you will be able to sort. That is not something I want to put a priority on. At most you will be able to sort by price and brand. Nothing more.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »
I hear ya. I think there is too much emphasis put on weight too, but I think the reality is that people are just doing it manually anyway. Or even going to a competitors site (Don's? Douchebags? something like that) to sort by weight, pick out a part and then going to FF to actually buy the part and support a guy that actually cares about flat.

I know it is not the most important aspect that I look at when buying a part. but I do take it into consideration.