Author Topic: Flat and street  (Read 5027 times)

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
Flat and street
« on: November 14, 2010, 01:48:06 AM »
Someone needs to hold a contest where you mix both flatland and street, and or ramp. 
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline AJ 1

• Funky Chicken
Re: Flat and street
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 09:33:54 AM »
Yes, that's really cool. Reminds me of Dorkin' movies, where Kevin Jones and Mark Eaton did exactly that.

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 04:06:48 PM »
No flips just Flat, I know that street has become more flat, and ron wilkerson put flat to ramp, so why not a contest with both.
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline Mareks From Riga

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 05:23:36 PM »
Yes, that's really cool. Reminds me of Dorkin' movies, where Kevin Jones and Mark Eaton did exactly that.
is there any link? if it is, post it please.

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 06:27:56 PM »
nothing yet but feedback how this could work ANYONE?

Offline kkmk

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »
I once entered a park contest and did some grinds and some flatland. I came last.

I also did a grind in a flatland contest once. I knocked down a sign, and might have gotten disqualified.

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 12:34:11 PM »
nothing yet but feedback how this could work ANYONE?

I could make this happen. I am the operator of the Anderson, Indiana Skate Park. My shop, Unknown sports is located right next door. We have a "real" street type of park with large flat areas at both ends. Let me know if there are any possible sponsors for such an event, anyone? I would definitely like to talk with someone in greater detail about this. Lets get this ball rollin!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/13228431" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p>
Tai' , and Davey at the Anderson, IN Sk8park
from Joe Miller on Vimeo.</p>

You can see the park in this short clip.
That Joe miller

Offline flatargento

• Hitchhiker
  • Julian D.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 04:47:37 PM »
We do that in Argentina.
Backwheel is nice, monsters are not.

blackwheel

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 05:27:16 PM »
I do like the idea of an all-around riding contest, tho I wonder how many riders could/would enter. maybe have flat and park in separate runs and take an overall score for placing? something like that. rad.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:38:12 PM by blackwheel »