Author Topic: 40 years of BMX SoCal comp  (Read 4069 times)

Offline Concrete Ninja

• Funky Chicken
  • Ninja flipping Ninja spinning
40 years of BMX SoCal comp
« on: November 09, 2010, 06:41:48 PM »
The big day is this Sunday the 14th. This is an amature comp. with a jam at the end. The lowest class will start at 12 noon and registration will begin at 9am at the park and costs $10. You can early register at www.40yearsofbmx.com but the registration form there can be a bit confusing. Classes will most likely be intermediate, expert, master, and vet.

The event is being held at Hollywood Sports Park. 9030 Somerset. Bellflower CA. The flatland area is all the way down at the end of the path where you enter the event.

My name is Lalo, I'm organizing this event and if you have any questions before or on the day of the event go ahead and give me a call at (909) 560-5359. Call me for any reason, even if you're just confused. Riders from many parts of the world will be with us and you should be too!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:46:10 PM by Concrete Ninja »
Just Ride

Offline Concrete Ninja

• Funky Chicken
Re: 40 years of BMX SoCal comp
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 09:48:46 PM »
I wish things could go perfectly but given the situation I have there will be some changes to Sunday. There will be no pro demos or contest, this will be amature only. The backing that I thought we would have is not there and I don't want to disrespect flatland so I'm keeping this a simple am comp. There will be trohpies for those who enter and win and a jam afterword. Nothing fancy
Just Ride

Offline Sean Paul

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 05:58:59 AM »
I wish things could go perfectly but given the situation I have there will be some changes to Sunday. There will be no pro demos or contest, this will be amature only. The backing that I thought we would have is not there and I don't want to disrespect flatland so I'm keeping this a simple am comp. There will be trohpies for those who enter and win and a jam afterword. Nothing fancy

=(=(=(

Ohwell on the prizes. It was (and never will be) not about the money, but we could *all* use some flow for new gear/parts.

Hopefully my RIP doesnt crack all the way through before then. I've been trying to practice alot every day to keep some amount of consistency for the contest. Bummed on it not being as big as it was originally intended. I just spoke to edgar plascencia today and he's going to try to make it out. I was hoping to see some other old school and new school pro's compete :(

Offline Concrete Ninja

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 11:46:12 PM »
There will be a good number of pros riding just not competeing. It should be a lot of fun. The spot is descent and there will be a lot of people to reunite with and new guys to watch. Thousands of people will be there celebrating BMXes 40th birthday, this is a huge oportunity to get flatland back in the public awareness so we can hopefully start getting guys paid.
Just Ride

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 01:18:05 AM »
too far to go for us and myself and OSG have no money to do this
and maybe next time!

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 11:55:18 PM »
Super big UPS to Lalo for doing this!  Flatland needs some more organized comps out west!  I dont understand how Cali is the birthplace of BMX as well as the headquarters for almost all BMX companies and there are no comps out there!?

Wish I was able to come out and support but the wifey is due in like 4 weeks so meh!?

Offline Concrete Ninja

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 06:59:53 AM »
New front wheel combo ready for tomarrow! Registration starts at 9 and costs $10. The event starts at 12, show up early to watch the ramp guys go off. Hollywood Sports Park-Bellflower BMX: 9030 Somerset Blvd. Bellflower, CA 90730
Thanks for the moral supports from everyone. Steve, congrats to you and your wife. Family is awsome.. Lets strengthen the flat brotherhood. :)
Just Ride