Author Topic: Video Size Suggestion  (Read 2237 times)

rully

Video Size Suggestion
« on: October 29, 2005, 04:08:18 AM »
oh well...

you guys have such very nice videos.
my only complaint is that they come with odd size, so they appear with black area on right and left side of my monitor. to solve this, i usually  re-render those videos it fit my screen. lucky me i have a powerful cpu. but think about others that doesn't have one...

so my suggestion is : please make videos in 800 x 600 , 640 x 480 or same ratio (4:3). this way, you will help us enjoy your videos more.

thanks
laters

oh and one more thing, some of your parts in the parts list is kinda misleading. i'm not talking about weight difference between this site or another site, but (for example : pegs) some of those pegs are weighed as singles while others weighed as pairs. please fix this. ever saw sequence pegs that is lot lighter than fly suelo mags?

rully

Video Size Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 04:10:07 AM »
oh wait, am i posting in a wrong forum?

please move it if it is.

thanks
laters

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Video Size Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 04:52:17 PM »
Hi rully,

sorry for anwering very slowly. The videos have original PAL DV Resolution: 720 x 576
and AR: 4:3

You can simply watch the videos on fullscreen mode in your windows media player. It will show you the video fullscreen without any borders around .. if you have problems with borders then I guess the Player software could be the problem. Which player do you use ?

I recommend: RealPlayer ( it has fullscreen mode, too )

about the parts section: we'll have a look. Thanks for the hint!

rully

Video Size Suggestion
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 06:42:22 AM »
i use windows media player 10 that comes as stock with xp media center. added divx and it's done. but still has that naughty border on right and left side of the screen.

ah well.. i'll try real then.

thanks
laters

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Video Size Suggestion
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 08:38:52 AM »
I tried media player 10 using windows XP and the current DivX version. Simple double click the video screen of the media player and you get it full screen.

I have regular pc monitor ( 4:3 ). If you have a 16:9 monitor ( some notebooks have that ) then you could have these problems.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 08:38:59 AM by martin »

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
Video Size Suggestion
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 09:41:19 PM »
THe onyl thing I have to complain about is the video file size, abusive! I've downloaded from Agoride seom 5min clips at only 14mb or so and nice quality.