Poll

Given all the issues, would you still risk ordering a Chimera?

Hell No
113 (85%)
Yes
20 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: Chimera's New problems / Jason's dropout issues / New pro rider ?  (Read 45655 times)

Offline Jason

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Chimera's New problems / Jason's dropout issues / New pro rider ?
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2011, 03:05:06 AM »
Ah man I haven't had a big ole' glass a milk in a while might as well down this glass of 2% right here....

Tell you what, I'll drive to SoCal and visit the Quamen Shop.....pay them to inspect it......and then charge you accordingly.  As it stands, Quamen has a quality stance in the industry since they actually make a quality product and take care to make it right the first time.

::spits milk everywhere::

Lmfao......but we all know your take on Quamen.  Besides, you break most of your parts anyway!!? Don't ya?
NOR-CAL FLATLAND.  !!WE Bicycles supporter!!

Day Smith Beanies

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2011, 05:15:25 AM »

Lmfao......but we all know your take on Quamen.  Besides, you break most of your parts anyway!!? Don't ya?

No, not really. My fork is like 2-3 years old. Rear wheel is at least a year and a half. Cranks are at least 2-3 years old. Hell, a lot of parts on my bike have been on there a very long time.

But when they send out a frame that doesn't have proper spacing, or the proper sized dropouts, or the spacers they send are the wrong ones TWICE and they laugh at you when you tell them, and THEN you wait like 2-3 months for anyone to get in touch with you after you've sent your frame off to their shop and gotten no response.. well. Yeah it's a bit different.

To prop them up as a company of quality is laughable, and you can brush me off as just a one off, but there are a lot of other people who have had to deal with the same bullsh*t as I have.

Offline Jason

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2011, 12:50:29 PM »
I had mine out with Quamen once as well, they were not going to warrant my obviously defective cyphr because "it was still rideable"....according to the owner. But after some squabble the issue was resolved and I'm still riding the same frame that I received for warranty.   I don't mean to say they are perfect.....but at least there is a standard of quality somewhere in there.

Day Smith Beanies

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2011, 06:03:49 PM »
I had mine out with Quamen once as well, they were not going to warrant my obviously defective cyphr because "it was still rideable"....according to the owner.

For christ's sake man, how do you reconcile you saying this here, that zenta argued with you over the defect on your cyphr, and at the same time claim that the company has a standard of quality? You had to argue for it.

This is why bike companies blow, because people take this passive attitude whilst getting screwed over, and don't even speak out about it after the fact.

Offline Jason

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2011, 09:11:46 PM »
Because they warranteed me with a frame that didn't have the machined seattube. And now they mount the BB centered on the seattube as well. They took customers complaints into consideration for a change and made a positive adjustment to how they make it. To me that is a company with supporting.

If you want to be like Kamil and just continue to combat the customer (who he is obviously using for his QC department) and not take into consideration that your doing something wrong then we have a company that does not deserve to be in business.

At my age I've come to accept that some people are not perfect and some people will never change, but for those who are willing to progress and make a positive forward progress then all other mistakes can be forgiven.

Does this help explain anything for you TJ?

Day Smith Beanies

Offline Malo

• Backpacker
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2011, 12:12:15 AM »
Here are some pictures of the making of a Chimera frame :

Laser cut dropouts

"Notching localisation"

JIG

In stead of making the holes bigger, the tubing diameter is decreased...

Famous Chimera welds...

Polished end caps

Result of an improper bending machine

"Chimera steel". Check the roughness..supposed to be 15CDV6 steel...Who can believe that ?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:14:00 AM by Malo »
The website is down but you can visit my profile on facebook :
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Pir.Malo

pir.bmx@gmail.com

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2011, 12:54:43 AM »
Chimera Bikz ex-team rider with his own custom company, who denigrate competition to get publicity. And pic of frame made 3 years ago? Do you know anything about making chimera frame TODAY not 3 years AGO? Do you really need such a way to find your own customers?

You're doing really good custom stuff but this is the promotion that you don't need.

Embarrassing.

Frames TODAY

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2011, 01:02:28 AM »
Salut Malo ! What's your frame ??
And your bar is still boomerang proto Huh

Tu n'as plus le chimera Huh?

Salut !

The frame is a cutom made frame designed and made be me (except welding).

The Chimera was good and I will keep it but I love too much designing new parts so that when I want something new, I can't resist to make them so I often change until I'm totally satisfied or have no more ideas...

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=14433.msg221654#msg221654

My new video with my Chimera frame...

[youtube]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=8bwcIBNQHII[/youtube]

http://www.vimeo.com/2069519

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=5257.msg174834#msg174834

:beer:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 01:04:33 AM by Kamil »

byke

« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
Have you fixed Jasons frame yet?

Offline Jason

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2011, 04:22:28 PM »
No!  Because I have decided to donate the frame to a rider in need of one as opposed to giving it to kamil.  I just havnt heard back from the rider yet so we can get it shipped.

Day Smith Beanies

byke

« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2011, 04:35:37 PM »
Ok, Fair play.
Jason as you have decided to take a different path, I would like to invite you to have the final say (and then I can lock the thread).

How was your experience with dealing with Chimera and would you recommend such to your friends?

Offline Jason

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2011, 08:05:31 PM »
At first the experience was great....as in the time spent figuring out what I want.

Once I got the frame I was questioning his work but put it off as "special frame, special parts".

Then I discovered that it was the frame that was wrong, not the parts and from there it has been total garbage.  It is obviously not made well, or even very well thought out.....and kamil is combative and unable to accept criticism as well as unable to diplomatically handle a situation. So I would have to say the overall experience was total garbage and I would not recommend the company to any rider PERIOD.

CHIMERA SUCKS

Day Smith Beanies