Author Topic: my frame is cracked, may i throw your bike?  (Read 8125 times)

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
Re: my frame is cracked, may i throw your bike?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 10:38:24 PM »
f*ck bike throwing; some of the switches I've learned, or am learning, not only serve for bike throwing, but also give the bike all the same damage usually encountered from an anger toss.

that's a total 2 for 1 deal right there, perhaps i will adopt your advanced techniques

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 01:20:05 AM »
When I played tennis in high school, my doubles partner would actually carry an old spare racket in his bag that he would use specifically for smashing when he got pissed.  Right in the middle of a game he would stop, calmly walk over to his bag, pull out this racket, smash it on the ground a few times, and then return to the court.  It was f*cking crazy/hilarious to see him do this, but it seemed to work for him (not to mention the fact that it would freak out our opponents).

Maybe you should try something like this, thestraw.  Find yourself an old beater bike on Craigslist, take it with you to your spot, and whenever you feel the urge to throw your bike you can switch to the surrogate and have a good go at it... :beer:
off topic, Mods he will later say" I was just joking";D.......and is "trying to derail this thread"...^_^

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 03:43:05 AM »
Throwing a friends bike is much better for stress relief.  Just the look on their face when you toss their $2,000 dollar custom whip across the lot will make you laugh for months.   Just make sure you can run faster than them. :beer:
"A puppet no more!"

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 03:46:43 AM »
Throwing a friends bike is much better for stress relief.  Just the look on their face when you toss their $2,000 dollar custom whip across the lot will make you laugh for months.   Just make sure you can run faster than them. :beer:
or their Truck!

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 03:56:15 AM »
Hay juggs. Wanna go ride? Lol
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 04:00:23 AM »
I feel great for about 3 seconds when I chuck my bike, then I feel stupid. I've switched to yelling ridiculous mundane words like 'coffee table' or 'butterscotch' to relieve the stress.

Offline Aeons of Flat

• Backpacker
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 04:44:04 AM »
I usually pick up my bike and swing it really high above my head then take a deep breath and gently lower it down. Let's me know I'm always in control otherwise I won't be calm enough to actually do the trick. Putting on Massive Attacks 'Teardrop' and riding up and down the carpark for a minute to clear my head is also very good.

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 05:03:18 AM »
I usually pick up my bike and swing it really high above my head then take a deep breath and gently lower it down.

I do that too, but before I lower it down I usually say "by the power of grayskull!" lol

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 08:02:29 AM »
I usually pick up my bike and swing it really high above my head then take a deep breath and gently lower it down.

I do that too, but before I lower it down I usually say "by the power of grayskull!" lol

he man quotes get lots of points around here...

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 10:14:46 AM »
i know it will not sound as fun as throwing/smashing your bike, but here is what i do :

i just pause.

When i feel i'm getting irritated, just when the feeling starts to grow, right at the begining, i sit down for five minutes and let the whole frustration feeling go away by itself.

Usually when you don't get your tricks right, it is because your body and mind had too much of the same thing. You are tired, and your mind is out of focus. You can't concentrate and still you try to do it anyway, and it gets harder and harder...and you get more and more frustrated to the point where the bike is thrown !! ;)

It took me years (about 25) to understand that, and now it works, for me at least. You just need to stop when you feel that 'bad' frustration feeling is setting in, right at the beggining.

That's how i do it...

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »

he man quotes get lots of points around here...

Gotta admit there are two outcomes next time your tempted to throw your bike. Either a) You think about that and actually say it, meanwhile everybody around you thinks your nuts, or b) You just think about it and you can't help but laugh. Either way, everybody wins.

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 07:40:06 PM »
i know it will not sound as fun as throwing/smashing your bike, but here is what i do :

i just pause.

When i feel i'm getting irritated, just when the feeling starts to grow, right at the begining, i sit down for five minutes and let the whole frustration feeling go away by itself.

Usually when you don't get your tricks right, it is because your body and mind had too much of the same thing. You are tired, and your mind is out of focus. You can't concentrate and still you try to do it anyway, and it gets harder and harder...and you get more and more frustrated to the point where the bike is thrown !! ;)

It took me years (about 25) to understand that, and now it works, for me at least. You just need to stop when you feel that 'bad' frustration feeling is setting in, right at the beggining.

That's how i do it...

Whoooaw whoaw wooaw! What's up with that!? jpoliti going out there and making sense with a logical solution and stuff? We cant have that! I mean, where is the fun in that?

(just giving you a hard time bro. You make some very good points there)

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 09:25:36 PM »
you're right jake, maybe i might need to throw my bike again a little more  ;D :beer:

everyone has its own way  ;D

sh--t i'm making sense again, i need to stop that... :beer: