Author Topic: ONLINE BATTLE 4#ROUND SIGN UP! CLOSED!  (Read 44334 times)

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
ONLINE BATTLE 4#ROUND SIGN UP! CLOSED!
« on: August 04, 2010, 01:29:52 PM »
THE BATTLES ARE OOOOOONLIIIIINE!

How can I follow Online Battles?

* Online Battles have it's own subsection at the global-flat.com forum:
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?board=31.0

* There's a topic for each class and you will find the rider list, results and news on the first post.

If you have any questions or suggestions please post them at the sign up topic or at the online battle main thread:
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=27138.0

or you can ask ondo and he will help you with everything!

Good luck!

Rider lists:

FULL
Beginner:
SunnyDaze
yodazoo976
flat1ander
Vieth @Iserlohn
manniedamaniac
DenisTez BMX
SJ BMX
Gerwin-BMX
ShaunyLaps
dug
Hidde
ortho
dafflat
Rad255
Aeons of Flat
midschool

FULL
Intermediate:
Jan@Weiden
Jason
Talisayflat
pepeflash
miguelflatcusco
Wouter van der Linde
raddad67 (Mark)
5hane
Lukas @ Innsbruck
Leon
ANDREWBMXFLATLAND4LIFE
jm

FULL
Expert:
Ginman
Dustyn@Chemnitz
bese
pitdog504
spix
MICHELE
Denny @ Göttingen
jose16

FULL
Master:
ondo
franciscofromperu
lachlan
Superdave
circlefoto
Michael
Ronny @ Kassel
flaTTech
misterpola
Sagaris
EDERSON NENE-BRASIL
Luke

Judges:
ondo
VojTECH
jm
That Joe Miller
franciscofromperu
Scott O
Ginman
lachlan
stopkaiross
2flat2furious
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 11:52:46 PM by ondo »

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ONLINE BATTLE 4#ROUND SIGN UP!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:41:34 PM »
The rules:

Online Battles - whole contest
Round - a Online Battle championship, played out to TOP 3 winners in each class.
Class - A rider group with a similar skill level, in which the championship is played out.
Battle - A fight between 2 or 3 riders, in which the winner advances further or in the final, the top places are drawn.
Run - a video which consists of tricks for a single battle.

* To participate in a online battle round, you must be signed up.
* To do that, you must send in a qualification video in the sign up active period.
* The qualification video must not be longer than 50 seconds. (check other video rules)
* The qualification video will be used to evaluate your skill level and be signed up for the right group.
* The video will be used in the first battle. Rider can't change the content of it anymore.
* Video link has to be sent to online battle organizer ondo via personal message, with the group name you want to enter(check group list)
* Ondo has the rights not to allow a rider to sign up, if he's going for a class which is too low for his skill level based on qualification video and/or other his videos online.
* Ondo will suggest a class you should enter if you don't know which one or choose the wrong class.
* Disobeying these rules and/or making false weak qualification video will result in disqualification.
* Sign up is active till all the free spots in each group are taken. Minimum 8, maximum 32, average 16. Ondo can choose the number of spots in each group and change it in progress of sign up.

Videos

* Your online battle videos have to show only your run for the competition, performed by yourself.
* Videos should be in a quality, so the run is totally clear for the viewers.
* No slow motion, looping and other effects are allowed. Zooming in to make the view clear is allowed.
* Editing, changing views, in a middle of a trick is not allowed.
* Videos can be edited, they don't have to be one shot filmed.
* Tricks should be in frame from start to end. Any trick out of the frame doesn't count.
* Battle runs have to be filmed in the period from sign up start till round finish. Material filmed before the existing round isn't allowed.
* Run length shouldn't be longer than the limit in each -final.
* If the video has a title, then it can be longer as the title length.
* The video should be uploaded in easy viewable media sites and the video settings have to be set to public view.
* After the battle, the videos should be left online for viewing purposes.
* It is advisable to send the video in before the battle, to make things faster. In this case, the video can be private, but on call should be made public.
* If video contains mistakes, it is possible to re-post it, if the battle period is still active.
* If the rider don't want to or can't re-post it, if ondo allows the fact, video can be used in battle, but judges take the violations in consideration.
* The run can be few seconds longer, if the longest combo is on beginning and there are no short tricks, that could be deleted.
* Each battle video must be different. Only beginners can repeat their single tricks and combos. Adding a variation or a link to a combo, counts as a new combo. Run variation is the main goal.
* Ondo has the right to allow the use of extra seconds or other reasons and not to accept it in case of breaking rules.

Battles

* Ondo announces a battle between 2 or 3 riders. From that moment riders have a amount of time (usually 4 days) to send his run to ondo.
* Exact time is visible on the announcement post, so it's clear how much time is left. (ondo is on GMT +2 time zone)
* Extra time or other period variations are possible only with the permission by ondo.
* When ondo has both videos, they are posted on the first and last post of the particular class thread & poll and judge voting is opened.
* Poll votes are just for viewers and don't take any part in the battle result.
* Winner of each battle is determined by judge votes.
* If a rider doesn't post his video or is disqualified, the other rider still has to post his run and take a uncontested win. If it's in a situation of a top 3 battle, then the inactive rider recieves 3rd place.
* If a rider takes an uncontested win, he can repeat the same combos as in the uncontested battle won. Only with ondo's permission the rider can use the same material from the uncontested battle.
* Ondo has the rights to follow on with the next battle if some of the judges are late and the result by votes is already clear.
* When the winner is announced, next battle period begins.
* If a Round is sponsored TOP 3 places of each class recieve prizes.

Judges

* Judges have to give their vote as soon as battle videos are posted.
* The vote should be posted on the particular class thread.
* Puting the vote bold and adding explanantion would be even better.
* Judges have to give their explanantions if asked.
* Judges have to take in consideration video rule violations and repeating tricks or combos.
* If a battle is between 3 riders, judges have to post their TOP 3.
* Judges must base their votes not just on the riders run in the current battle, but taking previous runs into consideration, since variety and progression is the main key of the contest.
* If a judge can't do his job on a time period, he should contact ondo in advance.
* Judge personal can change.
* Judges recieve a reserved spot in the class they enter and can send the qualification video only when their first battle starts.

Classes

* Each class has a good example video run.
* Contact ondo if you're having problems choosing your class.

Beginners:
# Single tricks, short basic trick combos, mostly both wheel tricks. Can repeat their combos.
G-F battles #2 Small | Large

Intermediate:
# Advanced single tricks, longer combos, increased difficulty, different rolling tricks, more spinning, pumping/scuffing.
GF Round 3 Online Intermediate Prelim Battle edit Small | Large

Expert:
# Banger tricks, long, difficult combos, good variety and control.
global-flat battle round 2

Master:
# Top class bangers, longest, hardest combos, huge variety, control, originality.
Ronny Engelmann battle 2 (GF-Battle round 3)

Good luck!  :)

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »
Sweet, i want to sign up and make a video! When is the deadline for getting my video to you??

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 06:34:28 PM »
Damn!!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys but i'm gonna have to sit this one out.
at 9 am the heat index was 101.
at 9 pm it will still be over a 100.

good luck to all involved! ;D
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »
Good luck to everyone. Sitting this one out due to prior obligations and too much heat.

Shame, I have lots of new tricks too.

Offline SJBMX

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 06:56:45 PM »
I sign up too.
I will make my video next week.
Ride for fun!

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 07:07:40 PM »
Damn!!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys but i'm gonna have to sit this one out.
at 9 am the heat index was 101.
at 9 pm it will still be over a 100.

good luck to all involved! ;D

I'm sure it will get better soon!

Sweet, i want to sign up and make a video! When is the deadline for getting my video to you??

There is no deadline. sign up is active till all spots are taken in a class. If it's taking too long, I'm cuting the class rider count, the last ones drop out. so the sooner the better. ;)

katobmx

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 07:29:02 PM »
Good luck to everyone. Sitting this one out due to prior obligations and too much heat.

Shame, I have lots of new tricks too.
the lots of new tricks part is cool!

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 09:15:32 PM »
it's a maybe for me at the moment

still can't wait for it to start
Signing out...

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Online Video Battles Round 4: Sign up!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 11:06:38 PM »
The 4th round of our Online Video Battles is about to start. As usual Ondo is going to organize the competition in the forum. If you would like to compete in this round then it´s now time to sign up by following these instructions:

Send ondo a personal message with your preferred class (Beginner, Intermediate, Expert or Master) and a 50 second video of your flatland run, which will be used as your first battle run.  

If you are signed up, you will recieve a confirmation and your nickname will be on the list
The rules you need to know can be found here

Check out the forum for further information and start filming!

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 11:38:03 PM »
i'll finish my video this saturday!

Offline deeve

• Hitchhiker
  • 90s cool.
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 12:35:43 AM »
I vote you add another catagory.

over 35 back riding again noob.

I am sure we will have quite a few entries considering we would all be beginners anyways. Let the young uns have beginner.
Old School N00b

jm

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 12:51:07 AM »

over 30 back riding again.

I am sure we will have quite a few entries considering we would all be beginners anyways. Let the young uns have beginner.
fixed.  :mellow:

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 04:33:09 AM »
arrgghh...i want to sign up but i have this week and next week booked fully, then i know when i go back to school in 2 weeks i'll be busy as ever...

i really want to sign up because i have hang5s and steamrollers almost on lock, and i could probably throw a firehydrant forkglide etc. in there and have a video.

i'll try to make sure and ride this winter indoors and be ready for the spring round i guess :(

Offline dug

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 06:04:58 AM »

over 35 back riding again noob.

that would be my category if its available