Author Topic: Riding Alone... Who does it?  (Read 16085 times)

Offline j37h307

Riding Alone... Who does it?
« on: July 07, 2010, 07:34:20 AM »
I ride alone every night. I go to the same spot over and over again. I have the same routine, ride for an hour, go get a bottle of gatorade, ride until my drink is gone, then go home. Same thing everyday. But you know what, I love every second of it. I enjoy riding alone, but sometimes I wish I had someone to ride with to tell me things that I'm doing wrong. Nobody around here rides and I mean NOBODY. But it doesnt matter over the past couple of weeks I really noticed my progression and it makes me want to ride even more.

Who else rides alone?

Offline rjs

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
Re: Riding Alone... Who does it?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:45:32 AM »
lol..welcome to flatland

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:04:30 AM »
I'd think that every flatland rider spends a great deal of time riding alone... not an uncommon occurrence at all.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:26:44 AM »
I Ride alone 99% of the time, wich i don't mind at all.... Just pop in my headphones and just do my thing! The 1% when i do ride with others tho i find it inspires me more to progress and we share experiences and help each other with tricks... Im happy either way tho! ;D :beer:

Offline dafflat

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:47:44 AM »
I also ride alone most of the time, a half hour before dinner(is al the time i got in a day) but i realy know what you mean by having someone to tell you what your doing wrong, lukely we have TJ to tell us, the only problem is no one to shoot a video to post to get some advice.

I got some training in the beginning from Dez Maarsen, Hollands national champ.

visiting jams helps very much also!

Offline Jbkid

• Forkglider
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 12:00:49 PM »
I've been riding for 3 years and the only time I've ever seen another flatland rider was at the Red Bull Fight with Flight this year. I've always rode alone, It's my time to vent and forget about the world.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »
me... good flat-able spots with 24hr lighting and little human traffic are coveted by skateboarders too.

i tend to ride earlier in the evenings while the other active flatlander in my area rides the 10pm to 1am 'shift'; we do meet up somtimes but mostly alone as the spot is kinda small, so...

there are weekly gatherings in the city area for jams but the spot kinda sucks as it's crowded with b-boys, contemporary dance troops and the occasional inliner/skaterboarders, humid and slick floor.

pucker22

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 12:29:32 PM »
I also ride alone, It can get boring sometimes but in fairness if I was riding with someone else I probably wouldn't get a lot done.

Also I ride in a public place so I think people think I am a loner :S

cee el p

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 02:24:16 PM »
I ride alone every night. I go to the same spot over and over again. I have the same routine, ride for an hour, go get a bottle of gatorade, ride until my drink is gone, then go home. Same thing everyday. But you know what, I love every second of it. I enjoy riding alone, but sometimes I wish I had someone to ride with to tell me things that I'm doing wrong. Nobody around here rides and I mean NOBODY. But it doesnt matter over the past couple of weeks I really noticed my progression and it makes me want to ride even more.

Who else rides alone?
You really dont need anyone to tell you what you are doing wrong you can figure this out yourself with trial and error and thinking about what you are doing .

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »
Yep i ride alone too. Sometimes i ride with my niegbors but they just get in the way :rolleyes:

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 02:30:30 PM »

Who else rides alone?
You really dont need anyone to tell you what you are doing wrong you can figure this out yourself with trial and error and thinking about what you are doing .
True!
Also, film your riding sessions, and watch them, you'll figure out what you're doing wrong

Offline Aeons of Flat

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 02:49:38 PM »
I find if I'm riding with others, depending on who they are I get less riding done and more chin-wagging mucking around. not that thats bad but if I want to be super productive I either ride alone or I ride with 1 other rider and we make a point to ride hard and give a few tips. As in I receive tips from Eiji, it sure does help riding with others. Especially in the learning process of a trick, I would be far behind had I not had him to give me a hand.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 03:07:55 PM »
i does it all the time and i think its better for my progression. but when i feel it, i go to my local skatepark to hang out with street and skate guys. skaters even wanted me in their edit and their skate team cause they r so fascinated with flatland hehe. there is just a little bit of my riding cause i didnt want to film any combo but anyway, here is a video. if u hate skaters dont watch it and throw yourself through the window hehe
KRIZA Skateboard Team - Babe zoprne

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 03:33:38 PM »
I'd think that every flatland rider spends a great deal of time riding alone...
we all ride alone most of the time.
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline xBonesx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »
I ride alone a lot of the time, when I'm lucky my mom takes me to the skatepark and the good thing is that it's only for bmx bikes. I can't stand hearing a skate board deck clapping around. Riding alone I think has it's ups and downs but you progress no complaining there.when ur with Other riders I think u would progress more but yah.