Author Topic: Backwheel tricks  (Read 7700 times)

Offline Corrupted account

• Funky Chicken
Backwheel tricks
« on: June 24, 2010, 10:08:15 PM »
alright so I have been practicing peg wheelies and trying to turbine them.  And I really enjoy back wheel tricks compared to front wheel. But, the only tricks that I know about are the time machine, peg wheelies, dump truck, and the death truck.  I was wondering what other tricks are there for the back wheel so could anyone name a few so I could look'em up? thanks
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. — Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Backwheel tricks
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »
Learn backyards and how to coast/pump them double footed. Lots of fun there.

katobmx

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 11:37:29 PM »
Decades. pivots. i.e stubbleducks. Lung spins.seat wheelies. junkyards. hipglides. and everything mentioned witht he biek upside.

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 12:16:57 AM »
Alright, now I've got something to got tricks to look up thanks
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. — Martin Luther King Jr.

katobmx

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 12:39:41 AM »
Switch Wheelie Turbine

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-NedYBjelU[/youtube]

Small | Large

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPXiH0PgeZA[/youtube]

Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:49:37 AM by katobmx »

katobmx

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 12:53:11 AM »
ONE by COLORink

more Ucchie!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmBibaJxMHk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upOnbnD5920[/youtube]

Offline Ginman

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 02:19:44 AM »
man, you might want to try to turbine every backwheel trick you know..
thats a good stuff to learn from your current tricks -_-

Offline badlove

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 01:20:24 AM »
megaspins

katobmx

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 01:24:07 AM »
Corrupted account what back wheel tricks can you do?Maybe I can be of some assistance.

Offline flatario

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 04:27:48 AM »
alright so I have been practicing peg wheelies and trying to turbine them.  And I really enjoy back wheel tricks compared to front wheel. But, the only tricks that I know about are the time machine, peg wheelies, dump truck, and the death truck.  I was wondering what other tricks are there for the back wheel so could anyone name a few so I could look'em up? thanks

if you got dumptrucks down i would highly recommend trying out lardyards/gerators as they are basically the same trick but on the opposite end of the bike. This will also open you up to more upside down stuff and backyards as well.

katobmx

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 07:47:27 AM »
few more inspirational backwheel vids!  ;D

Wolfgang Sauter riding in Leipzig

Calvin Tan prelims round at National BMX Championship 2010

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 12:14:09 AM »
Corrupted account what back wheel tricks can you do?Maybe I can be of some assistance.
well, I only recently found that I like backwheel tricks much more than front wheel so very, very, little. I can do peg wheelies in a straight line and I think I have the concept of turbining them but other than that I can only try the other tricks, but not DO them persay, but, any help would be much appreciated. speaking of peg wheelies, when I turbine them, I have a tendency to pull the handlebars really close to my chest and it feels like I am going more vertical than I should be. Is there a certain height I should keep the wheel at? also, when you turbine them will you feel the bike going backwards and forwards cause a lot of the time it just feels like I am spinning? I will try and get a video up of my trying them to make sure I am at least practicing them correctly.

katobmx

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 12:27:55 AM »
you shouldnt pull the bars toward your chest too much only slightly. I'd say learn mega spins and carving (in a circle) peg wheelies. video?? oh ok cool once you get that up I or Tj should be able to help you out alot.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:32:18 AM by katobmx »

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 06:33:33 AM »
sorry, I haven't had time nor a place to ride and my video camera has gone missing. As soon as I find it and time to make a video I will do so.  I was wondering though, do zero-offset forks change how you do backwheel tricks ( this is for future reference, I am not buying forks right now). I wouldn't think so but I haven't run those on my bike. Also, I know it helps to have your seat high for some front wheel tricks, is it the same for back wheel tricks as well?

katobmx

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 07:53:45 PM »
More back wheel links.enjoy
Naoki Watanabe

BMX TEAM REALITY TAIKO KANEDA Small | Large