Author Topic: what kind of jeans do you ride in?  (Read 16163 times)

LOU4130

what kind of jeans do you ride in?
« on: May 12, 2007, 01:28:37 AM »
Ok, i did a search about what pants people ride in and all i could find was people arguing about cory fester not wearing track pants, people wearing girl pants, and something about someones underpants...none of which helps me the least bit..lol

SO...here is my delemma...i usually wear regular levis to ride, but find them constraining and dont let me move around freely. Track pants are ok i guess, but id rather wear demin, since i still end up on the floor alot. Ive tried to find a looser fit jean, but they all seem to think if your waist is 36(yea i know i need to lose weight..lol) this means your penis is 15"long, cuz the crotch on the pants ends up very low and gets caught up on everything. so i was just wondering what brands of loose fit jeans some of you guys ride in that have a crotch where it should be..thanks..lol

Offline slcflat

• Hitchhiker
Re: what kind of jeans do you ride in?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 01:39:08 AM »
i was about to ask this same question since it's getting hot outside and jeans are getting too hot and restrictive.  for the past couple of years i've been riding in baggy jeans(which got in the way alot) and then switched to tight fitting ones(but i couldn't freakin do jump over the frame and stuff).  i'm currently riding some semi baggy cargos and i'm moving much easier and i haven't snagged on the bike at all.  i'm also looking into finding some track pants, i'm just worried they'll rip if i snag it and would have to ride home with my crotch exposed.

LOU4130

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 01:43:10 AM »
yea...i had to do that a few weeks ago with old cargo shorts i had...i guess they were so worn they were just weak.

i was thinking about cargo pants, but am still curious about the jeans just cuzs i see so many people wearing jeans that seem just the right kinda loose fitting and the crotch is where its supposed to be..lol

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 01:43:50 AM »
I wear comfort fit jeans most of the time, nothing baggy at all, and if its hot out, tighter elastic embedded jeans that stretch and are really thin, I never wear shorts mainly due to shindeath.

LOU4130

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 01:48:37 AM »
thats kinda what im talkin about...but who makes em? i cant seem to find any brands like that

TJ Perry

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 02:05:22 AM »
Mom pants mostly.

Offline Sweatpants

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 02:34:49 AM »
i've had good luck with the Dickies cell-phone pants. they're not denim, but do save the legs. the cut allows pretty good movement i.e. the crotch rises when the legs come up, keeping you from snagging. i usually wear some sort of yoga or trackpant, and i'm testing a cheap pair of "night-time" pants now. very soft, very elastic. sometimes they're very cheap. mine are too big tho. good luck!

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 03:49:54 AM »
thats kinda what im talkin about...but who makes em? i cant seem to find any brands like that

The one pair that I found that I really liked came from Buffalo Jeans. Other than that I havent found anything else.

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 04:05:28 AM »
I can ride in anything short of Hammer pants! lol

I wear khakis or carpenter pants or loose/baggy fit jeans, sweat pants.. gotta be comfortable...and not fall off mah azz!!

Offline Vijuel

• Backpacker
    • http://www.myspace.com/MADEflatland
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 04:12:58 AM »
i usually rock a fitted pair of jeans by nautica,  or anything that doesnt go over my heel
Vijuel...M.A.D.E. Flat

Duncan

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 04:18:17 AM »
try dickies.

thick and cheap.

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 04:31:07 AM »
I don't see how anyone can ride in jeans.  I ride in shorts all year-round.  Jeans are too constricting to me. 

Offline Vijuel

• Backpacker
    • http://www.myspace.com/MADEflatland
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2007, 04:53:59 AM »
I don't see how anyone can ride in jeans.  I ride in shorts all year-round.  Jeans are too constricting to me. 
well a lot of riders wear those booty pants that have no slack in the crotch area,  a bit too much 4 me,  i gotta keep that sh8t gansta
Vijuel...M.A.D.E. Flat

Duncan

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2007, 05:07:24 AM »
well a lot of riders wear those booty pants that have no slack in the crotch area,  a bit too much 4 me,  i gotta keep that sh8t gansta

Sorry to burst your bubble, but... You are riding a small bike, and doing tricks that involve fanciful spinning. I don't think that could remotely be referred to as "gangsta".

TJ Perry

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2007, 05:28:10 AM »
I can ride in anything short of Hammer pants! lol

He should really give those back to peter hollinger.