Author Topic: KHE Paris Frame (Alex Jumelin, Limited Edition)  (Read 7072 times)

Offline tallyman

• Forkglider
KHE Paris Frame (Alex Jumelin, Limited Edition)
« on: May 27, 2010, 03:02:48 PM »
does anyone know somebody who has this frame ? im really looking for one ever since they came out a couple years ago
message back if u kno anything
peace

Offline DenisTez BMX

• Hitchhiker
Re: KHE Paris Frame (Alex Jumelin, Limited Edition)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »
Thats the Paris II right? aint the II & III pretty mutch the same? ..except the stickers :P
☮☮☮☮☮
☮Peace☮
☮☮☮☮☮

Offline PeterJ

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 06:21:30 PM »
I think he means the Paris1 with the holes in the seattube?

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 06:32:53 PM »
The Paris 1 was straight tubing without the ugly gusset thingy at the front that was on the 2 & 3.... i don't think it came out with the seatpost cutouts but i may be wrong... Check this pic

http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/images/prod_11013.jpg
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 06:35:35 PM by khe killah »

Offline PeterJ

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 07:39:59 PM »
And here is the fullsize picture:

It looks like this but it's not!

It might look like a edit or a joke but it's the real thing.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 07:43:02 PM by Peterselie »

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:16:06 PM »
Those holes were definitely cloned out in the second shot. I don't know much about the Paris 1, but it looks like they had a prototype made for photography and then changed their minds about the holes on the production bike but didn't want to take new pictures.
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 07:36:26 AM »
well the design on the paris 1 seems to be a little better than the II or III, but idk i havent ridden any of em
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

katobmx

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 07:51:28 AM »
well the design on the paris 1 seems to be a little better than the II or III, but idk i havent ridden any of em
it was very weak.thats why many are surpised when they see one built up. paris II included. and the holes where photoshoped in the paris II's prototype had holes all over the place too. it was called the Phantom

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 02:22:53 PM »
Those holes were definitely cloned out in the second shot. I don't know much about the Paris 1, but it looks like they had a prototype made for photography and then changed their minds about the holes on the production bike but didn't want to take new pictures.

no its not, they are two seperate photos. look at the light reflection on the head tubes and down tubes, tottaly different.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 05:36:37 PM »
Open them up in photoshop and lay one over the other. They are the same shot. The only difference is that the exposure is pumped up a bit in the one with the holes cloned out.

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 06:40:25 PM »
Here you go, Chris. Just to satisfy mine, yours and everyone else's curiosity, I overlaid the two in Photoshop, got them in the identical position as best I could considering they were two different image sizes, slightly colour balanced the darker one so that they matched and then put a few circles on so that we could see where the similarities are:

As you can see, there are little white dot highlights on the welds where they're reflecting the light that would be impossible to duplicate. All of the stickers have the exact same amount showing.

So either they got someone to weld another bike exactly the same, managed to put the stickers on in precisely the same positions, somehow set the lights, frame and bike up at  exactly the same positions and angles or....... they just paid someone to clone out a few holes.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 06:45:43 PM by froghammer »

SFV_BOY

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 07:34:01 PM »

no its not, they are two seperate photos. look at the light reflection on the head tubes and down tubes, tottaly different.

yea i was thinking they were both seperate photots but you can totally see the hole in the bottom bracket they forgot to edit out... unless they came like that? :huh:

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 09:20:56 PM »
meh yeh youre probably right, its definatly quicker to shop it than take another photo - and designers are lazy.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 10:12:36 PM »
It's what I'd recommend a client to do and I'm a photographer who would stand to make money off of reshoots. Haha.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 05:21:42 AM by froghammer »