Author Topic: today i bought a pushbroom  (Read 16245 times)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
today i bought a pushbroom
« on: May 19, 2010, 02:18:19 AM »
So after getting my third flat in a week and two pieces of glass stuck in my hand I had to dig out with an exacto knife in the course of filming for my battle videos I finally sucked up 20 bucks and went to lowes and bought myself a pushbroom. I proceeded to spend about an hour sweeping up the area of the lot that I ride in. All in all I think I swept up around 25-30 lbs worth of dust, sand, and gravel from my spot. I didn't go back out to ride, but I can't wait to see how different is is now that it isn't so rough. Here are some pictures I took on my phone of the kind of semi-before and after shots.

I had gotten most of the rubble out of the way around this point, but you can still see the line where I haven't gotten to yet.

That's a huge freakin' crack down the middle that I can't cross without getting stuck on. That's about as far as I go in my links and for how big the place is, I really don't have a lot of room. The section on the right is where I ride and it is cleaned off at that point. The section on the left is where I used to ride before it started getting REALLY bad. The left isn't swept, the right is. Big difference!

You can still see where there are "lines" of dust and what not in the lot that I just didn't get. I was exhausted at this point because I really had to press down into the asphalt to get all the gravel out. After a good rain what is left will end up dispersing throughout the area anyway and it won't be as prominent.

This is my tire right now. It's about 5-6 days old. I usually change it when pieces start coming off of it. But it's cool because....

I keep a lot of spares.

Still need to pick up all the clutter from papers and rummaging through books and other things after my final exams, but I will get around to that later.

Anywho, yeah, that's my spot, my tires, and my plight.

:angry:

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
Re: today i bought a pushbroom
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:23:27 AM »
I still think its amazing how fast you can kill tires riding on that spot.
lol
I swear tire companies can just send you the prototypes to try out in that lot....
Old dudes can still rip

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 02:25:26 AM »
I still think its amazing how fast you can kill tires riding on that spot.
lol
I swear tire companies can just send you the prototypes to try out in that lot....

Odyssey sent me the plytes yeaaaaaars ago. They came with some silver sharpie marker on the side that just said "P-LITE" next to the odyssey logo. They are actually worse for that spot than regular G's because they're slightly softer.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 02:31:07 AM »
Dang dude...your spot looks really rough.  And that tire...wow! 

I find that keeping spots swept and clean is good for "business" anyhow...your less likely to get the boot.  We keep the OG pretty clean, and the county(who's garage it is) seem to not care that we are there.  It's cheap, clean-up labor for them. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 04:23:28 AM »
Looks good. :beer:
I use a Gas powered leaf blower on the street in front of my house, fast and very effective.

Offline pawnshopmike

• Cliffhanger
    • http://www.ebay.com/sch/pawnshopmike/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 04:48:34 AM »
Shyt. I've been looking all over for my push broom lately because I've been working in my wood shop a lot this spring. Now I remember where it went. I left it at the ball court back in November!

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 04:59:37 AM »
I keep a pushbroom in the car with me.  The courts have tons of acorns and leaves and such that clutter up my spot depending on the season.  Bird sh*t has been my current nemesis.  WTF!

Offline Vic Román

• Cliffhanger
  • RaD!
    • Gorilla Photo Media
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 05:03:48 AM »
I`ve been thinking of doing this to an abandoned tennis court I found.

"This ain't segregation this is freestyle folks". - Ruben Castillo

villetgk

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 05:23:22 AM »
I am a very lucky rider to have a spot where the city cleans up the place every few days with a industrial grade blower and a vacuum attached to some weird looking go-cart thing.  Even though I still have to hope for a steady rain every now and then.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 05:34:11 AM »
"Rick, your car was parked behind my minivan so I took it to the mall...it smells like gas...what's the leaf blower doing in here? I can't fold the seat down because your bike's in the trunk...is that blood on the steering wheel!?!?"

Sorry Honey.

villetgk

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 06:13:51 AM »
I never commented on your tire picture TJ, your like me- you can build a black michilan (sp?) Man.  =)

Iriez

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 06:22:43 AM »
Man....your tire wear is nuts. I've always heard you carve and wondered how fast they wear down.

I push broomed today @ the LB spot. bo's got a nice one. Some bum decided to smash his mickey's 40 at our spot, i was picking up pieces all day even after the sweep.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 06:37:03 AM »
"Rick, your car was parked behind my minivan so I took it to the mall...it smells like gas...what's the leaf blower doing in here? I can't fold the seat down because your bike's in the trunk...is that blood on the steering wheel!?!?"

Sorry Honey.

Ha, ha...man, this is funny.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 07:45:58 AM »
is your spot sloped?  :huh:
Signing out...

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 09:55:20 AM »
Two of my buddies came by the other day to practice some tricks or dick around at the b-ball court a block from my house.We started out riding on the b-ball court,then moved to the skate park 25 yards away then back to the b-ball court.

Some stupid teenage girl was babysiiting these two small kids (they couldn't have been older then 5 or 6,maybe even younger) and right as my buddy Caleb rides in front of where she is sitting she throws and smashes a glass bottle five feet in front of him...

He yelled at her and she said something like "it's only glass" to which I replied back "yeah it's only glass,which will pop our tires,and if I happen to fall down doing a trick I could get it lodged in my hand or anywhere on my body!"

I then went on to tell her that tires aren't cheap,at least no flatland tires..

Such a dumb child,such a bad role model for those little kids...had she thrown it in front of me I would of grabbed her by her arm and walked her across the street to the police substation!

TJ...I would have rode that lot after you cleaned it,in fear of coming back the next day or so only to find it all messed up again.
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!