Poll

who is the winner?

HellzCat
VerticalSmile
Hidde

Author Topic: ROUND3 battle: BEGINNER group OVER Winner- VerticalSmile  (Read 131514 times)

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
Great riding from everyone!  See you guys in intermediate next round.  Except for Vertical smile, you better be in expert by then  :P

I don't think I'm ready for Expert that's for sure. lol!
But I will compete in Intermediate hopfully next round.  :beer:

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
Verrical, woow, you have so smooth moves..

Thanks Hellzcat I've been working so damn hard on smoothness and consistancy.
You are looking pretty smooth yourself, and awesome job on the Messiah!!!!!  :mellow: :beer:

I for the life of me can not wrap my head around that trick, I face plant every time I try it.

Offline Mareks From Riga

• Hitchhiker
Verrical, woow, you have so smooth moves..

Thanks Hellzcat I've been working so damn hard on smoothness and consistancy.
You are looking pretty smooth yourself, and awesome job on the Messiah!!!!!  :mellow: :beer:

I for the life of me can not wrap my head around that trick, I face plant every time I try it.

When I filmed this video.. i thouth- i cant do messiah so good to put it in video, then i try it.. and i had it.. but when i filmed, the skill was gone :D :D

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
good stuff vertical smile. diggin those elbow glides
Signing out...

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Vertical Smile

Hellzcat

Hidde

In that order.

For shame using linkin park Vertical... for shame.  :angry:

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
Vertical Smile

Hellzcat

Hidde

In that order.

For shame using linkin park Vertical... for shame.  :angry:

I know...I know my wife picked out the song and really wanted it for the final battle.
She's been so good to me through all this, leaving me alone to ride while she took care of my 2 boys. It's the least I could of done for her. lol!

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
I voted for Hidde, because he is the only one who signed up in the right class..
Come on guys, how the hell do you 2 think this is fair to the others?

In all fairness to Vertical Smile, it was me that convinced him to enter beginner.   He was orginally signed up for intermediate...and I thought he and I had similiar skill sets...so I told him we should be in beginner. 

He just progressed much faster than I had anticipated. :huh: ;D

Good job Mark!   :beer:  Off to intermediate with you!
"A puppet no more!"

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Wouter seriously, what do you expect? We can't exactly say "oh if you can do more than track stands you're intermediate" or something like that.

katobmx

HC and VS arent beginners. I think Vertical Smile is Flattech in beginner disguise!!! I'm just callin it like i see it.

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
HC and VS arent beginners. I think Vertical Smile is Flattech in beginner disguise!!! I'm just callin it like i see it.

flattech is a mystery man.. who knows what he looks like without the hat and long hair lol..
Signing out...

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger

In all fairness to Vertical Smile, it was me that convinced him to enter beginner.   He was orginally signed up for intermediate...and I thought he and I had similiar skill sets...so I told him we should be in beginner. 

He just progressed much faster than I had anticipated. :huh: ;D

Good job Mark!   :beer:  Off to intermediate with you!

Thanks Tod!
I feel it's kinda sad I need to defend myself but...
Originally I thought about signing up for Intermediate but after talking with Tod & Rad Dad it was suggested that beginner may be a better class for myself.

At the time these battles started I really couldn't link anything together, my best tricks at the time were Karl Cruisers, Elbow glides and Hang five to (What I call) a Windshield wiper.
During the battles I learned how to ride in and ride out of Ropearoni's, Hang 5 to Elbow glide and Steamrollers, Gerators, Karl cruisers to backwards Elbow glide, Flail Boomerangs & Fire Hydrants to Decade.

I worked tirelessly every night after work over the last few months as well as every weekend working on all this stuff. Like anything in life if you work hard and long at anything you start to get a little better at it.
Personally I've already achieved all the goals I set out for myself when I decided to get back into riding after taking the last 22 years off, I just turned 40 years old last October. lol!
This competition is not about winning for me personally, it was always about riding hard, getting in shape, progression and making a few friends along the way.

I really enjoyed riding with all of you guys and hope to enter future battles!

katobmx

so you basically rode yourself to death until you progressed to a whole nother level. tight!! :wacko:

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
so you basically rode yourself to death until you progressed to a whole nother level. tight!! :wacko:

Pretty much and I fractured my left heel bone along the way. lol!
I have to wear this gay little booty for the next month or so..............but I take it off to ride a few hours each day. lol!

katobmx

what you achieved was pretty much what the online battles is all about -_-. Nah i'd stay off of it foreal for at least 3 weeks. I'd never wanted a reappearing injury .

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
Re: ROUND3 battle: BEGINNER group (HellzCat vs animal1)
« Reply #524 on: June 29, 2010, 04:11:38 PM »

You're not to bad yourself!  :beer:
Yup, started riding flat in January.

That's pretty insane. I started shortly after you but nowhere near as good.

Thanks.
I think that fact should be taken into consideration too.
Hellzcat has been riding for years I believe
Kinda a shame that I wont be in the next round.
My qualification video is no where near a reflection of my skill today.  
Since then I've learned:
X-footed steam turbine to pivot to x-handed steam.
One footed whiplash to x-footed peg wheelie turbines
Barspin to timemachine to mega spin.

I don't mean to brag, I'm just telling it like it is.

you've been riding for...6...MONTHS?!

dude i was working on my f*@king backward steamrollers still 6 months in and your doing time machines and x foot turbines and stuff?

i quit  ^_^