Author Topic: R.I.P. Clocktower  (Read 8827 times)

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
R.I.P. Clocktower
« on: April 28, 2007, 01:12:22 AM »
That's official - the all time favorite spot of many riders in San-Francisco, the area that was captured in tons of flatland videos, is now closed for riding.
Reason: About 2 weeks ago in china town a skateboarder knocked out an old man, the man hit his head on the ground and died. Since the clocktower gets really crowdy especially during business hours, the locals around the spot started complaining that they don't want us there anymore. The city has already put a few "No skateboarding/biking" signs around, and are going to put a whole bunch more in about a week. Everybody who rides from now on will be ticketed. All this information came from the cop who pulled over right in the middle of clocktower to tell us that, so the info is official.
RIP...

blindingsun

Re: R.I.P. Clocktower
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 01:16:19 AM »
MUTT IS GOING TO CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 01:19:42 AM »
MUTT IS GOING TO CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No he won't, he already knows, I told him. He rides at Danville's spot. It's us who are going to cry.

blindingsun

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 01:26:17 AM »
yeah? tell him to stop Fcuking ringing my phone.

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 01:31:23 AM »
yeah? tell him to stop Fcuking ringing my phone.

I don't take care of someone else's business.

Offline Nlott

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 03:54:38 AM »
wow that really is some bad news. Sorry you lost your spot flatride. I think thats like the most well known flatland spot in the US.
Nolan Lott
Binghamton University

Offline enfusion81

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 04:02:36 AM »
That's a bummer, the clocktower/Embarcadaro is a great spot.  I also would like to add, the accident with the skateboard involving the elderly man is sad, no one wants something like that to happen.

It's really strange how this is going to affect a select few so much, I'm talking about flatlanders specifically that is.  If I wasn't interested in flatland this much I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 04:04:02 AM »
Wow... well, thanks skateboarders. You've officially made SF suck for everyone. Quite an accomplishment...

Offline Milenko2121

• GF Inhabitant
  • "Girls come and go, but bikes are forever"
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 08:18:40 AM »
that's ****ed... pretty stupid that flatlanders are being kicked out because of a wood pushers stupid actions.

plus wtf was he thinking when he ****ed with the old guy?
"Sometimes You Just Need To Do Something... Different"

Thlayli

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 08:46:43 AM »
****, I don't want to drive to ****ing Danville every week. This'll probably happen behind AT&T Park too, 'cause those damn baseball games crowd the place up. I'll have to try at least once, though. Goddamn baseball.

Then again, last Sunday people were kinda deliberately walking up close to us all, and the skaters would NOT leave any space. they were weaving in and out of the pedestrians, standing/walking/staging tricks out of the spot that they know we always ride... the ones who aren't there all the time were just being assholes. Pissed off all the actual regulars.  :angry:

And I just put a new brake on. Bloody hell.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:49:29 AM by Thlayli »

Offline Pete Brandt

• Forkglider
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 09:25:04 AM »
We just ain't goin out like that. This type of thing has happened in the past. Once the skaters are gone, wait 3 weeks and we'll be the only ones out there again. I rode there today and had a really cool session. Maybe I will be paying for a ticket once a week to ride there but I can't let it go, to nice of a place! The signs are hose clamped up there with a 10mm. I still have the one from 3 years ago. Also we are done with Persevere and I am moving back to SF in a few weeks, guess where I'll be!

Offline Raymon

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 10:52:17 AM »
I dont know the history, but I cant imagine any incidents with flatters riding a big square. I could imagine the daily working people being annoyed if its crowded, but if so...there's more time on a day to spend riding there than just when they come and go to work. Its probably local law generalizing anything that has to do with 'extreme' sports...its horrific how ignorant people are about these things.

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
Cop said: "If I'm going to pick on skateboarders, I would have to pick on you too."

Offline Raymon

• Backpacker
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 11:53:53 AM »
yah, that kinda proves the point...Im sorry you lost your spot.

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 10:16:07 PM »
Yeah, that's the only spot I wanna ride at in Bay Area, nothing beats it.