Author Topic: Every Rider and Company Read This Thread.  (Read 7495 times)

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
Re: Every Rider and Company Read This Thread.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 05:47:35 PM »
I'm guessing that anyone making "Pivotal" anything has to pay some kind of licensing fee to McNeil as well?

Offline Theory

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 06:13:09 PM »
You can always get molds from China at a fraction of the cost... The quality may or may not be an issue depending on who you get it from.

villetgk

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 07:39:10 PM »
ancientskool:
I'm guessing that anyone making "Pivotal" anything has to pay some kind of licensing fee to McNeil as well?

This may have been the case which was noted in my first post. 

katobmx

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »
The perfect pivotal seat would simply be a senior style seat with these modifications.

-Thicker in general to hold on to abuse
-slight shorter nose
-removal of ribs on back by the seat grip
-wider back end for people with bigger hands

Offline Adam DiClaudio/Austin Flat Crew

• Hitchhiker
  • setup, switch, setup, switch, 3.14, 3.14...
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 06:13:20 AM »
I know surveys are lame and little kids stuff for Facebook, but this one is seriously important because I'm collecting opinions and data from the riders to present to companies or anyone willing to help the idea of a new flatland specific seat.

The Survey is only 8 short questions and there are boxes to type in personal suggestions. Please participate positively because companies will listen to open minded suggestions over tearing down closed mindedness.  The more people that participate, the more it shows there is a demand for a better seat in the market. If you have any suggestions or can add a good thought, please feel free to do so.  Remember...this can happen...power is in numbers!  So in an organized fashion, here is the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HGBQQJS
Adam D Yall!

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 04:12:51 PM »
We sent your survey info to a few riders at out end. This is what our buddy had to say about the seat.

"i dont flatland much anymore, but I always wanted a seat that I could mould to fit my hand. Maybe a type of pad or grip under the back of the seat, that would feature properties that allow the end consumer to easily custom mould his/her own at home (boil it??) i dunno, seems like a good idea"- The Drifter (ICC BMX)

I like this idea where the seat functions to personalize or in the lines of "imprint" method... kidda like what they do for custom feet cushions/stuff, the texture molds to ones individual form... this allows to not be limited towards one biking market, nice to have this for any bike.  

N
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 04:28:15 PM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »
slap that custom pad under a one piece Delrin Plastic moulded seat&post combo...and BAM another fine DD product

- DS
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE