Author Topic: Post your Rat Bikes  (Read 11077 times)

jm

Post your Rat Bikes
« on: March 05, 2010, 06:43:56 AM »
We've had a gang of threads featuring beautiful new looking rides; this one is for the beat down dirty bikes out there. I want dirt, dents, bald tires, tape, whatever you got that makes your bike yours. no shine allowed.

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
Re: Post your Rat Bikes
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 07:45:17 AM »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:11:17 PM by Furball »
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

jm

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
come on guys, nobody has a used looking bike to post up?

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 09:54:29 PM »
HA HA HA
NO ONE WANTS TO RAT THEMSELVES OUT

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 10:05:59 PM »

The rustic look... I keep saying im gonna paint it, but..Well im lazy.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 10:08:29 PM »
The "rust" look is good^^^!

I let my Strowler rust a bit, I thought it was awesome.
"A puppet no more!"

jm

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 10:21:56 PM »
finally! thanks SNOOP. I know there's a million dudes with half a grip left, bust out! no shame at all, that stuff comes from riding hard.

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 10:24:38 PM »
Well..Being completely raw, the quamen really hasnt rusted excpt on the underside from riding on previously salted/sandy roads covered in drizzle. Just recently heard about a cypher going down on the bottom of the seatpost..So i guess it will be some added insurance to me that i didnt further weaken my frame by letting it rust through a hairline or something. Looks cool tho :)

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 02:47:04 AM »
no shame at all, that stuff comes from riding hard.
or chuckin' yer bike because it's your bikes fault you missed a link or trick... Or maybe there just aren't any beaters because people like a Dialed bike instead. ;D
Jim, I Love your bike Bro !!! sorry it broke....... You always have a Killer Whip.

jm

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 05:23:22 AM »
thanks man. "to be continued..."
 :ph34r:

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 06:28:28 AM »

the rust bucket bike collection!

Offline ediot

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 11:54:44 AM »
old bike of mine with half grips left. i put on electrical tape for something to grab onto, but in the heat and humidity it mixed with my palm sweat turning the whole 2pc bar into a blob of sticky goo that gets everywhere. the grips stuck to my palms more than they do to the bars

one side's also severly bent

usual seat noses. the rust on the seatpost got it seized to the frame. the seat's also seized to the seatpost, making them into a single entity. the seatclamp's redundant.

more pics to come

Offline Big B

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 03:51:04 PM »
ive had plenty of terrible bikes, but the one ive built to start riding flat has only left the garage about 8 times so it still looks alright. pretty sure the backend is twisted (shouldnt have bought a street frame off anyone in the north east of england), but itll do until i learn enough to justify getting a better one, or decide to stick to grinding and sell the bits that are worth something

Offline sbroflatland

• Cliffhanger
  • ga_goosh
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 04:31:19 PM »
I build this bike out of spare parts and i got the frame, bars, and fork for cheap. the total build price was a little over 300 bux so i consider it a "rat" bike. It is shiny since i have a friend who works at a paint and body shop and he got it painted for free. it did turn out to be a nice bike tho. I used an old set of wheels and i also got a lot of parts from the ff giveaway so this was a budget build for sure

thanks goes to JOHNU773 for the strowler frame mike-e for the swiss miss bars and i cant remember who sold me the forks but i want to say jellyroll.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:24:16 PM by ga_goosh »

jm

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 05:02:04 PM »

more pics to come

slam dunk! THIS is it.  seeing this on the forum just made my day. thank you mr. ediot -_-
+5 rep points

keep 'em coming!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:04:03 PM by jm »