Author Topic: So now that the Olympics are over.....  (Read 8868 times)

Re: So now that the Olympics are over.....
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 08:01:27 PM »
hey man, i'm all for pro flatlanders making a good living at one of the most incredible athletic diciplines of all time, not to mention it would give a whole bunch of up-and-comer riders a real great goal to strive for.......it's the monkies in the corporate suits that would run the show and profit off of it, who'd ruin everything at the end of the day.    
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:03:26 PM by råbe »

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 08:06:30 PM »
...and on that note, most of the ice skaters out there who become Olympians are bred and groomed for it by an outside party.  at that point, "freestyle" isn't so free anymore. 

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 12:31:32 AM »
Off topic somewhat...right now everyone is talking about the closing ceremonies music, the only thing they got right was Neil Young. Buggers! HAHAHA...

Skateboarding and Surfing are not in the Olympics...nor would both sports-lifestyle want to be compared to other sports. If anything I'd take it as compliment to be amongst these 2 action sports communities.

You all have the Hang-5 dude.

We all know how surfing is freakin'huge, yet a recent comp in their community was not sponsored by heavies in the industry, mind you its easy to understand why if know certain issues too well.
24 top World Big Wave Surfers got together and Jammed. No Ego, No Bullsh*t. Just loads of goosebumps.

They are very much like you all. ITS ALL THE SAME VISION.
Be proud of Flatland. You are ARTISTS, sometimes in a good way and some times....aaaaarrrrrrrg!

N

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:37:12 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

monkeyflat

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 02:30:41 AM »
Who gives a f*ck. the worlds going to end in 2012 anyways

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 03:29:01 AM »
^^^Then it should BE EASY for you to have A "CHILL THE f*ck OUT!" moment.  -_-

N

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:41:06 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 04:04:39 AM »
...I can finally go to the kitchen and make me some toast. -_-
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 08:36:37 AM by Furball »
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 06:36:22 AM »
D weve been looking over your file and well you havent made it out to ride since like fall. havent heard much from you whats up on thur?

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 08:08:03 AM »
Off topic somewhat...right now everyone is talking about the closing ceremonies music, the only thing they got right was Neil Young. Buggers! HAHAHA...

Skateboarding and Surfing are not in the Olympics...nor would both sports-lifestyle want to be compared to other sports. If anything I'd take it as compliment to be amongst these 2 action sports communities.

You all have the Hang-5 dude.

We all know how surfing is freakin'huge, yet a recent comp in their community was not sponsored by heavies in the industry, mind you its easy to understand why if know certain issues too well.
24 top World Big Wave Surfers got together and Jammed. No Ego, No Bullsh*t. Just loads of goosebumps.

They are very much like you all. ITS ALL THE SAME VISION.
Be proud of Flatland. You are ARTISTS, sometimes in a good way and some times....aaaaarrrrrrrg!

N

I feel this...
"A puppet no more!"

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »
D weve been looking over your file and well you havent made it out to ride since like fall. havent heard much from you whats up on thur?

Every Thursday that's been nice I've either had other commitments or been out of town or something.  I did ride with Alexis last Saturday though.  I'll be out more when the weather starts to improve. 

Offline cow

• Cliffhanger
  • neglect not the talents in thee............
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 03:47:36 PM »
i do think that flatland is a sport and it actually can make it in the Olympics...come on every country in the world has at least over 10 flat-landers and if each country sends at least two riders......

now before i'm attacked by the ppl who believe that its not a sport or its staying underground would keep it "pure"...come on ppl you spend all this money buying parts and updating every few months,arguing on forums about what's best direction for our "activity",argue with family,wives,girlfriends about the importance of it in our lives...... i mean that's bound to count for something.
every other new sport has surpassed flatland in x-games and Olympics for one simple reason-the ability to adapt and accept the inevitable-CHANGE.

FOR ANYTHING TO GROW IT MUST CHANGE.

we need to settle on comp formats, rules etc for flat to grow to even be accepted in bikepark formats (where kids can actually see it and be inspired to take it up)...... ;D
Whatever you want in life is gonna take some effort on your part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is, freestyle riding was, is, and will always be evolving and moving in different directions. So just do what you want and have fun with it. Trends come and go.- TYRONE WILLIAMS

Offline chinadarrington

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »
You guys are too funny... I hate to break it to you but Krys Dauchy is "skinny, pale and riddled with scars" too...  Hell, I got a 20" zipper running up my back f'christs sake!   But yeah...you guys *could* get flatland marketed to an Olympic slant.  But I dunno if you want to make the lifestyle/image changes that it would require. :)  Or...you could infiltrate positions on the Olympic Committees and 'conquer from within'.

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 04:36:57 PM »
Hey China!  Good to see you on here.   I learned a left foot on the right peg boomerang type thing from seeing you do that in a video "Bmxtremes" back when I was a kid.  I think you were riding
for General then?     

I never did learn did learn those backwards barrides though.  :)   

Are you riding again these days? 

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 06:43:22 PM »
i do think that flatland is a sport and it actually can make it in the Olympics...come on every country in the world has at least over 10 flat-landers and if each country sends at least two riders......

now before i'm attacked by the ppl who believe that its not a sport or its staying underground would keep it "pure"...come on ppl you spend all this money buying parts and updating every few months,arguing on forums about what's best direction for our "activity",argue with family,wives,girlfriends about the importance of it in our lives...... i mean that's bound to count for something.
every other new sport has surpassed flatland in x-games and Olympics for one simple reason-the ability to adapt and accept the inevitable-CHANGE.

FOR ANYTHING TO GROW IT MUST CHANGE.

we need to settle on comp formats, rules etc for flat to grow to even be accepted in bikepark formats (where kids can actually see it and be inspired to take it up)...... ;D

flatland must stay underground.
flatland will save from hell who really belive in it.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline Ras Trent

• Backpacker
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 03:53:27 AM »
Flatland is a relatively new sport, figure skating has been around for a relatively long time. 

katobmx

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 12:17:08 AM »
Flatland is a relatively new sport, figure skating has been around for a relatively long time. 
In this state yes, but Artistic Cycling has been around for years which is flatland. We just use different bikes now

btw anybody seen that french figure skater that used to do back flips in her runs FREAKIN CRAZY!!!