Author Topic: Par Ends  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
Par Ends
« on: January 18, 2010, 03:55:27 AM »
I just got a set of Chase Thumb-tack grips and they came with them.  Usually, any bar-ends I get with grips go in the trash.  I was wondering if anyone uses these and how long they last.  I'm hell on bar-ends and have been using Camacura stainless ones for many years.  I put the grips on tonight and decided to use the Par ends.  Let me know!!!

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Par Ends
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:05:22 AM »
they're pretty tough. i think a set lasted almost 8 months, i wouldn't say i'm super hard on them.
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

TJ Perry

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 04:06:45 AM »
They usually last me about a day or two. They break apart really easily. I have one on my bike that has lasted a week, which is really amazing all things considered.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 04:50:20 AM »
Got a pair free at the Ride NORA cup show last year and used them when my cheap Animal nylon plugs bit the dust. Nice bar ends if you don't have to pay for them.

Offline Jason

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 07:26:34 AM »
They suck. Don't work too well for my style, fly nylons work great on the other hand.
NOR-CAL FLATLAND.  !!WE Bicycles supporter!!

Day Smith Beanies

katobmx

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 07:30:43 AM »
they're the best plastic ends. Fly nylons are good too but plug in style pars ends ALWAYS slip out on me with Time machines and lung spins. I depends on your style of riding. But you can Tj's word for anything. He breaks everything. ^_^

Offline Luc

• Forkglider
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »
They wear out super quick, I usually buy 10 or more at a time. And I really don't want to think about how many of them I've went through. They are however the nicest plastic bar-end I've tried with fly in close second. Do not try those made by eclat or federal, they literally wear out within an hour.

f*ck me I wish they'd make metal barends that didn't get sharp and cut my hands.