Author Topic: Trick of the Month April 2020 - Karl Cruiser  (Read 339665 times)

Online khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Trick of the Month June 2013 - Stick B
« Reply #900 on: March 21, 2020, 12:26:16 AM »
I agree... here were Marks original rules. Lets make a plan of the tricks for each month;

Here is how Trick of the Month works.
Every month there will be a new trick in the spotlight. You can do 1 of 2 things

1.   Post a video or photo of you performing the designated trick for that month
2.   Make comments to help or inspire each other.

Variations are a good thing! So if you got something unusual and different please share with everyone.  09 was a great year for participation. I hope to keep the tradition going with some new tricks thrown into the mix along with some old faithful.

April - Karl Cruiser
May - Steam Roller
June - Hitchhiker
July - Mc Circle
August – Hang 5
September – Time machine
October – Mega Spin
November - Decade
December - Whiplash

What do you think of the above? Thought it better to keep the tricks simpler to allow everyone to get involved.

Offline a08

• Backpacker
Re: Trick of the Month June 2013 - Stick B
« Reply #901 on: March 21, 2020, 12:27:51 AM »
I agree... here were Marks original rules. Lets make a plan of the tricks for each month;

Here is how Trick of the Month works.
Every month there will be a new trick in the spotlight. You can do 1 of 2 things

1.   Post a video or photo of you performing the designated trick for that month
2.   Make comments to help or inspire each other.

Variations are a good thing! So if you got something unusual and different please share with everyone.  09 was a great year for participation. I hope to keep the tradition going with some new tricks thrown into the mix along with some old faithful.

April - Karl Cruiser
May - Steam Roller
June - Hitchhiker
July - Mc Circle
August – Hang 5
September – Time machine
October – Mega Spin
November - Decade
December - Whiplash

What do you think of the above? Thought it better to keep the tricks simpler to allow everyone to get involved.

I think that sounds awesome! should we make a new thread? with "2020" in the title?

Online khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Trick of the Month April 2020 - Karl Cruiser
« Reply #902 on: March 21, 2020, 12:30:59 AM »
I've changed this thread title, be nice to keep it all together so people can look back through the years for inspiration.

With a bit of luck raddad67 will see this and come back!

Online khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #903 on: March 21, 2020, 12:33:42 AM »
There we go guys, you have a bit of extra time on April's trick to get your flatland juices flowing...

Lets see your Karl cruiser.

Offline a08

• Backpacker
« Reply #904 on: March 21, 2020, 12:41:04 AM »
There we go guys, you have a bit of extra time on April's trick to get your flatland juices flowing...

Lets see your Karl cruiser.
nice!

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #905 on: March 21, 2020, 05:34:08 PM »
Ok cool let's do this! I learned how to do normal and switch footed Karl kruisers along time ago but I want to learn them opposite and opposite switch foot. Guess April will be the month. I've tried them a few times and I'm just horrible at it when on the opposite side of the bike. Feels incredibly awkward and difficult.

Online khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #906 on: March 21, 2020, 06:29:38 PM »
Your not alone on that one! Anything switch or opposite feels alien to me...

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #907 on: April 02, 2020, 02:35:40 AM »
Well being the 1st I started working on Karl cruisers today. I can do them on the left side of the bike (both regular and switch footed) so today I was working on doing them regular footed on the right side of the bike (right side of bike, standing on right front peg with right foot).

I probably looked very pathetic, basically all I could do was fall lol. I'm only trying to walk into the trick, not worried about the ride in yet. Hopefully I can get the hang of atleast just rolling it by the end of the month.

Online khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #908 on: April 02, 2020, 07:37:32 AM »
Nice one buddy, at least your out there trying which is what this thread is all about. Being motivated.

Sadly lockdown prevents me from venturing out atm, hopefully be over soon.

Good work tho!

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #909 on: April 02, 2020, 08:20:45 AM »
I've been riding in front of the house. Here we are ordered to shelter in place, not a full lockdown yet, so still allowed outside for essential reasons including exercise. I only go outside for 45 min a day and I make sure to keep to myself and then wash up properly when done. Won't be surprised if we get locked down here soon too though so I've been trying to make the most of it while I can.

Offline Vic Romαn

• Cliffhanger
  • RaD!
    • Gorilla Photo Media
« Reply #910 on: April 08, 2020, 04:22:53 AM »
Dusting off the flat bike and have forgotten what a "Karl Cruiser" looks like.

"This ain't segregation this is freestyle folks". - Ruben Castillo