Author Topic: Trick of the Month April 2020 - Karl Cruiser  (Read 339634 times)

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: Trick of the Month March 2013 - Hang 5
« Reply #870 on: March 06, 2013, 06:46:06 PM »
Sorry it took so long for me to get to the PC. We are back to one of my fav tricks for TOTM. I get more question about doing a Hang 5 than any other trick out there. If you have the basic hang 5 down. Try it on your opposite foot. If you have that one down try it one handed. If you have that one down try it with your opposite hand. Try it backwards. If you have all the variations mastered. Help some one else learn.
Keep on Riding!

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #871 on: March 06, 2013, 11:12:54 PM »
I wrote this over in another thread, but it fits here too.  Hopefully copy/paste doesn't screw this up too bad.

I won't say this is the absolutely perfect advice, but it works for me.

The biggest tips to me are:

Lock in between the grips, seat and peg.  You make this nice solid connection with the bike and suddenly it's stable.

If your bike wants to flop to the side, you're not on the seat well enough.

Instead of hanging on for dear life, you're really just resting on the seat, grips and peg, but your arms are pretty straight but not elbow locked and your fingers are really not doing much.

Quit trying to correct with your arms.  It's your leg that does it.  If your arms are even able to correct forward and back much, then reread my first point again.

Don't look at the front wheel, look a little ahead of you.  It will feel like you're looking up more than you really are.

Don't flail around.  Smooth easy motions with your whole leg from the hip, not just bending at your knee.

If you're putting your foot straight down or even worse, forward, then you're not committing enough, you need to get the bike up higher.  Your leg will be between slightly back and very far back when it works.

Don't snap up into it and for all that's Holy don't hit your brakes.  Unweight your back wheel, take your balance foot off the pedal and straighten your arms until the seat is in position.  Done.  No force needed.

If you need off, just step over the bars with your balance foot.  I don't think I've ever not caught myself in way too many years of falling on these, it's just intimidating at first.

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #872 on: March 12, 2013, 06:14:12 AM »
Hey one i can do  ;D ;D ;D

I learnt these in sept last year i have this little edit a guy made of me last month i will try to get some more up soon

шк Small | Large

I'm trying opposite footed, one handed and backward this month :beer:

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #873 on: April 04, 2013, 01:03:49 PM »
What have you got for us this month Mark ???

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #874 on: April 10, 2013, 04:27:48 AM »
A little late on this one, but here ya go. Just learned it a month or so ago. This is the first day of getting them in confined areas. I have them pretty good when I can go where ever I want in a big spot. lol
https://vimeo.com/63437717
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #875 on: April 16, 2013, 06:05:21 PM »
Right come on people, let's smash it this April... Whats the next trick then Mark?

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: Trick of the Month April 2013 - Locomotive
« Reply #876 on: April 17, 2013, 02:11:59 PM »
This months trick is special thanks to Jake Umberger it will be the Locomotive. I remember when it was trick of the month a few years back. There were a ton of photos being submitted. Sorry I am so late but lets make it the best 2 weeks that are left. Rear wheel tricks are not in my bag so if anyone can post just this single trick and help others out that would be great. Thanks Jake for hitting me up on Facebook.
Keep on Riding!

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #877 on: April 17, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »
Good work, lets get tricking.... ;-)

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #878 on: April 17, 2013, 08:01:07 PM »
This is what I've found about it  ;D

I'm having soooooooo much grieve learning lard yards I don't know why but they just sh*t me :angry: still haven't got them since totm in jan/feb (which ever it was) ive learnt a fair bit in between but just can't get motivated to push for that one  :wacko:

I'll give it another try :beer:

http://youtu.be/t3USz76icvQ

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #879 on: April 17, 2013, 11:23:21 PM »
Nice video!

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #880 on: April 18, 2013, 12:53:53 AM »
Ha! Thanks for the shout out Mark!
I actually already have this trick down, but I have been meaning to get them rolling instead of scuffing. Guess I know what to work on!

Melon, the trick to lard yards is making sure you are pushing the tire along the tire and not sideways. You also need to hold the grip right at your hip to get the right angle. Actually learing locomotives might help as you are right over the tire so you kick along the tire. Might train you for lard yards at the same time.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:00:43 AM by Jake4130 »
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
« Reply #881 on: April 18, 2013, 03:41:00 PM »
Really can't wait to get started on these tonight!!! Been given a boost to get my halflash done aswell need to learn a ride in lol
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
« Reply #882 on: April 18, 2013, 11:16:10 PM »
Really can't wait to get started on these tonight!!!

Spoke too soon it started raining before i got finished up at work!!!  :angry:
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: Trick of the Month May 2013 - Mc Circle
« Reply #883 on: May 02, 2013, 11:27:03 PM »
Here is a trick I still want to personally learn. I have never got the hang of any spining tricks. It has been trick of the month before and I have heard of some success stories. They weather is getting nice I think in most places in the world. Lets see if we can make some success stories happen.

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Trick of the Month May 2013 - Mc Circle
« Reply #884 on: May 03, 2013, 04:57:14 AM »
Yes,Yes,Yes and Yes  ;D :beer: ;D

I've just finished the move from northern to Southern Hemisphere I've got my new riding spot and a double garage for riding in and these I wanna get

Thanks mark