Author Topic: Trick of the Month April 2020 - Karl Cruiser  (Read 341340 times)

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: Trick of the Month March 2012 - Steamroller
« Reply #660 on: March 14, 2012, 09:12:34 PM »
WOW progression! Thats whats up! When I was riding yesterday I tried to grab with my opposite hand for kicks. WOW thats going to take some work. It was like I forgot how to roll fwd.

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #661 on: March 14, 2012, 11:06:49 PM »
Howz that video coming along melon?

I got home late tonight bro so I got out and had a small sesh but couldn't get them as good tonight but still got a couple on either hand

I'll get my little fella out tomozza to do some filmin'     I've pretty much got the day for riding :-)

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #662 on: March 14, 2012, 11:12:41 PM »
Sweet bro, i been trying switchfoot steams... My god it's like starting all over again! I can barly kick the frame around. Funny attempt/bail vid coming soon

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #663 on: March 15, 2012, 10:39:54 AM »
heres a little vid i made this morn after taking the kids to school

I got a few small ones and the wonderful Iphone video

Small | Large

will try another later in the day ;D ;D

Offline pharris

« Reply #664 on: March 16, 2012, 04:34:21 AM »
+1 Its great to see this thread for something as "basic" as a steam roller.  I've been trying to find some inspiration to stick with, i tend to jump between tricks constantly, jack of all trades, master of nothing.   I've been able to spin um but not hold it consistently in a straight line.  I'm stoked on totm! (btw if anyone can post a few ride out suggestions on spinning this i'd love to see)

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #665 on: March 16, 2012, 11:41:15 PM »
Sorry for the slow response... Good work melon, that spot looks cool (Like a mini TGM!) You got the ride out i see, coming along nicely. I've noticed that my ridouts are very different to everyone elses. I kinda pull the frame round like im gonna karl cruiser and just hop back on. I have to be honest i can smootie but i get them wrong more often than not and find my rideout a safer option! A cop out if you will (i hate it when it tips forward and the heart jumps in your mouth feeling) Anyone else get that feeling... lol

Offline Richi@Bremerhaven

• Cliffhanger
  • 1Champ BMX Mailorder
« Reply #666 on: March 19, 2012, 09:57:34 PM »
Can I still post a video of it?  ;D :beer:
1Champ BMX Mailorder

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #667 on: March 19, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »
Can I still post a video of it?  ;D :beer:

Of course mate... Post away...

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #668 on: March 20, 2012, 01:03:28 AM »
Sorry for the slow response... Good work melon, that spot looks cool (Like a mini TGM!) You got the ride out i see, coming along nicely. I've noticed that my ridouts are very different to everyone elses. I kinda pull the frame round like im gonna karl cruiser and just hop back on. I have to be honest i can smootie but i get them wrong more often than not and find my rideout a safer option! A cop out if you will (i hate it when it tips forward and the heart jumps in your mouth feeling) Anyone else get that feeling... lol

Cheerz Killah Yeah my spot is kinda sweet but its normally full of ignorant pricks that come and set up a game of cricket in the corner i'm using :-(

My ride has just kinda clicked recently but for the first coupla weeks i was brickin' it every ride out i would like to try your ride out but i'm sure that won't be for a while.

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #669 on: March 21, 2012, 01:02:20 AM »
here is a vid of a new variation i was messing with today
 Got it  :beer: :beer: :beer:

Messing about with steamroller's for globals TOTM march 2012               

Here is some more messing trying them :P

last day of winter fun               

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:10:19 AM by melon lover »

Offline Pinebox

« Reply #670 on: March 22, 2012, 03:07:38 AM »
I have been practicing forward steams all month, and I landed my first today. Although I only rolled it a few feet, I sung it around, rolled it, and smoothied out after about an hour of attempts. I still have the rest of the month, I will try to get one on video. I am kinda stoked about these TOTMs because they give me something to focus on, thanks for doing them.
Fredo at Pinebox Recording
IG: PineboxRecording

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #671 on: March 22, 2012, 08:20:30 AM »
Yeah pinebox, that's what its all about! No greater feeling than landing something new... Video would be awsome, but no big deal if you cant

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #672 on: March 22, 2012, 08:49:33 AM »
Yeah nice one pinebox it's an awesome feeling you'll be getting a few more from now  :beer: :beer: :beer:

Can anyone show a vid or tutorial of a crosshanded steamroller i would like to start having a look at them and also how to get from forward steam to backward  ;D

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #673 on: March 22, 2012, 03:15:05 PM »
Mad Props Pinebox! The basic concept is when your in a session with everyone and your all working on the same thing, it creates excitment. Knowing that your not alone makes it that much more fun. Thats whats up!
Keep on Riding!

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #674 on: March 24, 2012, 07:53:55 AM »
Can someone post up up a video of a cross handed steam please................ getting in and out of it  :beer:

I hope your all getting your lung spin how tos ready for next week :P :P :P

Cheerz