Author Topic: Trick of the Month April 2020 - Karl Cruiser  (Read 339658 times)

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: Trick of the Month June 2010- Hitchhiker
« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2010, 07:16:49 AM »
YEAHHHH!!! Thats whats up. Your half is looking really good. When you gain control of your htichhiker you can simply switch back to half and ride out. The ride out of the hitchiker is what took me the longest. Once your in the postiion pull back on your tire. When you pull back it will keep your bars off the ground. Your learning this stuff at the speed of flat....this is insane. I honestly believe if you keep pushing your self this way you could complete a hitchhiker before this month was over :D

Go for it!!!

Offline flatario

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2010, 07:28:33 AM »
wow Shane you're cruising those halfhikers now, that is awesome. Keep it up

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
  • Beginner rider / 7 months
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2010, 09:08:20 PM »
thanks

transitioning from the halfhiker to the hitchhiker is pretty hard man, the balance point really shifts back.  going to take me some time to get used to that I think.
It's not about the bike. - Lance Armstrong

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2010, 06:33:35 PM »
Man WTF!? Now I can barely do halfhikers, aaarh. Been having trouble with them for my last three sessions.  It's like I took three steps back. I can't tell if it's me or my front hub, probably me, but it kinda feels like the hub also, like there's some friction there when I stand up. Damn.

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2010, 07:03:43 PM »
I have the sort of the same issue with Crackpackers. I was doing great then all of a sudden I hit a wall on learning them. I have learned like 15 other things since I started learning crackpackers but that's how it goes I guess. Crackpackers are my Kryptonite. Just keep hanging in there eventually it will happen.

Keep on Riding!

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2010, 09:58:12 PM »
I have the sort of the same issue with Crackpackers. I was doing great then all of a sudden I hit a wall on learning them. I have learned like 15 other things since I started learning crackpackers but that's how it goes I guess. Crackpackers are my Kryptonite. Just keep hanging in there eventually it will happen.

Keep on Riding!

Ya maybe it just means I'm pushing too fast and need to focus on some other things for a bit.  I'd like to mess with crackpackers I think. Seems like a good trick to try next since I've spent so much time on double footed steamrollers.

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2010, 01:08:32 AM »
how long did it take you to learn hitchhikers, raddad? i've spent the better part of a year on forward steamrollers and it'd be nice to not have to spend another year learning another trick :huh:

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #172 on: June 28, 2010, 05:05:34 AM »
how long did it take you to learn hitchhikers, raddad? i've spent the better part of a year on forward steamrollers and it'd be nice to not have to spend another year learning another trick :huh:

Well I did my first ride in to a hitchhiker in 2006. It took till 2008 for a ride out. 2009 Before I was able to start nailing it. But the neat thing is all of a sudden other things started to happen when I got some of these tricks down others started to happen much faster. Its weierd how it all works.

My First Hitchhiker

It doesn't seem like 2 years but I guess it has been since my first one.

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2010, 01:45:54 PM »
Finally got some decent halfhikers on tape.  And I started messing with hitchhikers today.

halfhiker and 1st hitchhiker attempts

SHANE ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!
Awesome job on those Halfhikers, smooth and dialed!!
You'll be consistantly pulling into thise Hitchhikers in no time, man you learn things FAST!!!! :beer:

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2010, 06:45:40 PM »
Finally got some decent halfhikers on tape.  And I started messing with hitchhikers today.

halfhiker and 1st hitchhiker attempts

SHANE ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!
Awesome job on those Halfhikers, smooth and dialed!!
You'll be consistantly pulling into thise Hitchhikers in no time, man you learn things FAST!!!! :beer:

Today I rode one hitchhiker really well.. more luck than anything. Unfortunately I rode most of it right out of frame, so I couldn't get it on video.  :angry:

Well thanks raddad for inspiring me to work on this. It's a lot of fun and I'm going to keep at it till I get that hitchhiker down. Working on this has seemed to helped my karl kruiser, which I only messed around with today but it's got a lot better.

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2010, 04:58:34 AM »
Thats pretty dope that you had great progression. Yeah all these tricks are connected and you will be working on one and it will help another. Its fun when you work on something so hard and you try something that you had not worked on and it works out instantly with out much effort. Put in the work and reap the results!

Keep on Riding!

Next Month Mc Circle!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: Trick of the Month July 2010- McCircle
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2010, 05:20:33 AM »
http://www.bmxfreestyler.com/2010/07/trick-of-month-july-2010-mccircle.html

Its a new month...WHOA these months just keep clicking away. This month McCircle. Show your support for this thread that has been maintained for the past 6 months. Yeah I am deicated to seeing this all the way through. So lets see your McCircles. Mine still sucks but getting better.

Keep on Riding!

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2010, 05:42:41 AM »
mccircles are really funky for me...i have trouble pulling them into a circle so they're about 7 feet in diameter...and i can never stay on i ALWAYS fall off backwards. i know the trick is to lean your hip into the circle but i can never get that far because i ALWAYS step off backwards. any tips on that? i figured at first it was to keep my eyes over the front edge of the tire but i can't really do that AND lean to the inside...

katobmx

« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2010, 05:45:57 AM »
I'll post one up Mark. maybe link it up or somethin

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2010, 05:52:11 AM »
Yeah Link it up with something so some other tricks that you can link it to...Or link it out of. Thats what trick of the month is all about. The more people that become involved the more motivation that is created and the more people will learn and new combinations will be generated...

Keep on Riding!