Author Topic: Trick of the Month April 2020 - Karl Cruiser  (Read 340947 times)

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
Re: Trick of the Month February 2010 - Hang 5
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »
Looks great Clint...Looks like you have it on lock. This trick has always seemed to be by far the most popular Trick of the Month ever...I am surprised there has been so few post. I know not everyone has learned this trick. Lets see your progression and what your doing with your hang 5.

Waiting for a dry day here...constant rain...every day..ugghh!

Keep on Riding!

I'd love to post up a video of this but the weather has been so bad over in my end, I've finally learned how to do Hang 5's in circles instead of just a straight line.

Budz

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »
i guess this is my most recent hang-5 pic.
still too much snow to get out and film anything.

found a more recent seat grab hang-10 pic also.

Offline williamflat

• Backpacker
  • Williamflat
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 05:57:06 PM »

february
Face your fears and live your dreams

www.facebook.com/williflat

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 06:10:49 PM »
i can never figure out why i cant do a hang 5. i just feel like my seat is behind my knees and not behind by ass. is it possible toptube length could affect this? and i always feel like the rolling position is too steep, but it would be too inconvienient for all my other tricks to move my seat up
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 06:39:27 PM »
turbine hang 5

SFV_BOY

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 01:19:12 AM »
i can never figure out why i cant do a hang 5. i just feel like my seat is behind my knees and not behind by ass. is it possible toptube length could affect this? and i always feel like the rolling position is too steep, but it would be too inconvienient for all my other tricks to move my seat up

i dont think so dude i learned how to hang-5 on a 18.0TT and i was rockin my seat pretty low

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 03:45:00 AM »

This was my first attempt at the Hang-5.  I threw in an extra little combo I call the "Jaw Breaker" for your added entertainment.

1st Hang-5 attempt

invest in some gloves, dude.
i thought raddad had a short vid of 'how to bail' , that'd be nice to see again.
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 05:23:19 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP6DyaNyYFA[/youtube]

I found the video I made on You Tube that someone else uploaded...funny!!

Keep on Riding!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 02:34:49 PM »
The Bailing concept really does work. Well it worked for me. After he showed that to me and I learned how to step over the bars. I was no longer afraid of bailing. I was riding out of High speed hang 5's with out hurting my self. I will repost my diary. You will see that i was using it to get out of a Hang 5 gone wrong. Its natural for me now. I don't bail much on a hang 5 these days but when I do I am stepping over and runing away from the bike..hahaha

Keep on Riding!

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 06:29:41 AM »

before the snow came (And before i bent my seat post learning hang 5s and stopped trying them for fear of breaking it) i could roll like a 2-3 second hang 5. the trick to getting the seat wedged into your...well, wedge, is to straighten your arms down. like, lock those bad boys out, it's amazing how much it can do. also, don't try to "snap" the bike into position: imagine doing it slowly and gradually. you will still do it quickly, but by concentrating on doing it fluidly, you will cruise into position instead of throwing yourself, meaning that you can slide into the balance point instead of hoping you find it when you slam your weight forward.

as for tt length, it shouldn't be an issue because i ride a 20.5 (dumb haro bike i need an upgrade sooo bad!!) and street riders riding 21+ inch bikes do them all the time. just keep at it like everything in flatland! you'll get it! and when you do you realize how d*mn fun this trick is, even if you don't roll it forever.

Offline Nails

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 02:20:59 PM »
Have been working on hang 5s recently, will post a video this week!
still learning

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 05:23:53 PM »
Here's my how to hang 5 video... Also shows me busting it at the end... Peace  ;D :beer:

How To... Hang 5 with khe killah © Small | Large

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 07:26:45 PM »
NICE!  Damn, you got me thinking this is possible.  I like the idea of practicing against a wall;  I'm going to be doing a lot of that.  So far this is the most informative 'How-To Hang 5' that I've seen.  Thanks!

No worries fella... Hope you get it down, just remember anything is possible if you want it bad enough... Anything i can help you with just message me... Look me up on you tube i also made a follow on video from this... Peace :beer: ;D

Offline smashytrashy

• Forkglider
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 01:44:26 PM »
im finally getting the hang of hang 5s, the only problem im having is that i keep turning the wrong way! i use my left foot on the peg and always end up turning towards the left when i am trying to turn to the right. any pointers? i suppose it will come with more practice though

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 02:04:49 PM »
For me that is my natural way to turn. I turn everything to the left. I can force it to the right but its not as smooth. If you do other tricks to the right then I am sure you will be able to go that way in your hang 5. I sort of tilt my body and my bars to force my self to the right. Not pretty but I can do it...Hope this info can help you out.

Keep on Riding!!